Critical Mass

Episode Reviews (5)

Great

good episode...

By Fwirrel, Oct 28, 2007

Cobb and Boulett and some other officers are called in to a church by a man that heard shots. It turned out that everyone was willing to cover up for one person, but the person eventually fessed up. I really liked this episode. The story was good and I loved how all of the people in the church, including the priest, were willing to lie for a friend. I also liked learning more about Boulett's past and his brother. The end was great when Boulett reconsiled with the priest and played chess. Overall, good episode with a lot of character development.moreless

Keeps betting better and better.

By STAYINGalone, Oct 28, 2007

This series seems to get better with every installment. Makes me anticipate the next one!

There's a good blend of personalities.

The introduction of the characters has slowly developed - but developed nicely. The emotions and backgrounds of the characters run deep, and that should make for some really good storytelling! It has a good Moral - that a person can leave behind what he was and start over anew to do better than he had in the past. Like the City's healing and becoming better than it was - so is Trevor Cobb. Like most people - he's not perfect and makes mistakes - but he's trying.

His partner, Marlin Boulet, isn't perfect, either - and tends to stuff his problems - but he's a fair man.

It's going to be good to watch the interplay between these two as the season progresses.moreless

Not a bad episode and now we get to know some of Boulets background.

By D-LinkUK, Oct 27, 2007

Boulet and Cobb are called to a gunfire report on a Sunday morning at a church in downtown New Orleans, once there Boulet is very aggressive towards the Father and we get flashbacks of a young Boulet and his brother visiting the church and getting into trouble with the priest.

Cobb finds a body of the Deacon and no one will own up to the shooting as though they are protecting someone, again we get flashbacks now of Boulet and his brother as young men, Boulet is in the police force, his brother a thief and drug addict but with the love of his family and the help of the father Boulets brothers comes off the drugs, or so it seems, Boulet brother is shot in an attempted robbery and once Boulet gets there is shocked to see his brother not just covered in blood but also high on drugs, on his deathbed Boulets brother confesses that he's been back on drugs for a while and that the father knew, Boulet blamed the death of his brother on the father for not helping him more and held the grudge all this time.

Cobb suspects something is wrong when he see's the aggression Boulet is showing the father and starts to get to the bottom of Boulet's troubles, after some cat and mouse detective work we find the killer is not the father or a teen hoodlum also suspected of the murder but a god fearing elderly lady who's granddaughter was killed whilst high on drugs, the dead deacon knew the old lady's daughter was taking drugs but did nothing to help.

Hence our killer.moreless

By danharr, Oct 25, 2007

Pretty much what you would come to expect from the show. Lots of action and a telling confessional about a core character. This time around a deacon is murdered in front of a whole church and nobody is talking. The case had some good twist and the question of if the head priest murdered Bouletts brother and the deacon had good back and forth. Boulett once again has to deal with his past and confront a painful issue. His brother was taken down for shooting a dealer but Boulett looked the other way and the dealer came back for revenge. Boulett of course choose to blame the priest that didn't tell his brother was back on dope instead of himself for not arresting his brother. Entertaining episode lots of fun hopefully we'll get some light episodes to break up the whole New Orleans is hell based story lines.moreless

they filmed this episode on my block. that was a terrible week...

By 8valvehero, Oct 24, 2007

well i had been waiting for this one. this is the episode that was filmed over 10 days on my block. now before i get to a review i just have to say that the crew was incredibly rude.

k-ville pulled a potentially bad move here by having another character development episode this early. though high on suspense, this attempt was really pushing the envelope of what we can believe. also, anyone familiar with the city knows that large cathedral-style churches do not exist in the upper ninth, due to the age of that area and soil conditions. The church they used is uptown in the 10th ward about 7 miles from the 9th ward. (yes, im nitpicking)

all of that said, this ranks with the pilot as an actually decent piece of fox-made drivel.

*cheers!*