Ride Along

Episode Reviews (4)

Great

It's a shame.. Warning: May contain spoilers if I know what the heckerino I'm talking about.

By joeyissoweird, Mar 20, 2008

I don't watch K-Ville often, and you may say it's "weird" because I'm from New Orleans but it's not. I thought this show brought the worst of New Orleans and it could get people to stay away from New Orleans. Well, that may be true. But, those who know New Orleans like me know that this show just shows the New Orleans Police Department. I watched this on Fox On Demand which is on Fox's website. I was quite interested to finding out what this show actually is, and now I'm thinking about ordering a DVD if there's one out.

A reporter from New York visits the NOPD in search for a story, 2 years after Hurricane Katrina. Well, she gets more than she bargained for after she's riding along to catch Caveman, a man with charged eight times for crimes for two years. This man shot a man, and Caveman is now going to get arrested and get his face off the #100 Most Wanted New Orleans men.

This episode was entertaining, and also deserves the TV.com classification of Tearjerker I gave. This episode was packed with action, and brought in drug dealing in New Orleans to the nation with the form of a television show. I enjoyed this episode.

A scene I enjoyed was when the cops looked at the reporter's edited article and almost immediately went in to their car after they found out that edited article caused one of the cop's friends to be in danger. But, this also could have helped catch Caveman. I did dislike how the officers treated the reporter like a lying scumbag as if she wrote the whole article and it wasn't edited to make it look like the New Orleans Police Department were corrupt. She didn't really deserve that. The editor deserved to be slapped in the face for that.

I recommend this episode, and it is great for a first impression episode as far as I can tell from watching. This episode did give me the impression that this show is an entertaining show, so I will probably start watching it whenever I feel like it or whenever I get the chance to watch the show.moreless

Show that is good but not a lot of people watching!

By JPPT1974, Jan 09, 2008

A show that hasn't gotten a lot of attention and ratings due to it being put on a heavy competition like a Monday Night. I agree with one viewer as I am sick of Boulet's better than thou attitude from time to time. He needs to be a team player more and hopefully if this show develops, so will he. As a NY reporter rides along with the cops as she gets more than she bargains for. She finds out that not all NO cops are awful. But the media still doesn't see it that way, even after two and a half years. Hopefully when the show returns, it will get better ratings as it is a good but really unheard show.moreless

More of the same

By TVNerd95, Jan 02, 2008

The writers are going to need to get more inventive with the cases and with using what makes New Orleans great. They also need to get Boulet off his "let me save the world" kick because it is getting rather annoying as the episodes go along. I did like how the journalist realized the NOPD wasn't that bad but her story didn't get printed the way she wrote it. This episode did end up on a cliffhanger as we still don't know who the rat in the FAS is but hey Cobb adopted a cat so many he will eventually get a sense of humor.

The episode was a little dragging but I think this show could be really good -- it justs need some more New Orleans, some more humor and little more action. I will continue to watch if it makes it through the strike.moreless