Leap of Faith

Episode Reviews (22)

Superb

awesome show, and another great episode!!

By firefox_8, Jan 22, 2008

Awesome i honestly cant get enough of this show, and this ep was definitely one of my faves. we can see how differently Kyle sees the world around him in contrast to his family in this episode. jessi's character arch reminds me of tess from roswell anyone else think so? Her leap off of the cliff brightened my day! I am no follower of the Jessi train - her character while tragically and beautifully flawed i dont really buy it, honestly im kind of sick of that poor deer-in-the-headlights look she alwyas has on her face. kyle and the rest of his family as characters are well written and i really like declan's dynamic with them. And what about poor Amanda?? she's off to new york for paino tuition, now what - what does that mean for her and kyle? THIS is why i keep watching the show!!! awesome awesome awesome!moreless

uhm. kyle xy

By icedkitten45, Nov 13, 2007

i love this show so much. the finale was awesome, especially when jessi jumped off the cliff in the ending. i was talking on the phone to my friend and we were watching together; we BOTH dropped the phone. it was really an amazing episode, but i was SO pissed when i found out that they didn't have any josh/andy drama in it AT ALL. those two make the best couple and i love all of the drama that goes on between. i definitely cannot wait until next season. a lot of people are saying that andy will die in the show, and if she does then i will feel so unbelievably bad for josh: he really loves andy and i would hate to see his heart crushed. josh is definitely my FAVORITE character, i love him SO much.moreless

The season finale, sort of.

By Dark_Davis, Sep 21, 2007

This being the last episode before the break I expected to be left hanging but I didn't know what to expect quality wise. In a way I did, I expect that almost every episode will be great, but this episode really lived up to the shows recent greatness. Usually when a show leaves you hanging, it does so in a way that really makes you want to see the next episode. But when a show does that about 10 times worse then any other show, and then leaves you hanging for a couple of months, that really makes you go nuts. The episodes leading up to this finale were just awesome, and this half of the season has been so good, I can't even begin to describe how awesome it was. The show is going places, and I can not wait until the next half of the season starts up, I know it will be good, it's just a matter of waiting for it.moreless

Jessi's actions are puzzling to me...as perhaps they should be. (Spoiler Warning)

By CollegePoet08, Sep 07, 2007

It seems that throughout the season we have seen Jessi struggling with who she is and fighting her 'programming' it seems like she has broken free from her program because she no longer believes the life story that was fed to her. So if she has succeeded in breaking free and is now just a confused kid, as Kyle once was, why would she betray Kyle like her programming told her to? Brainwashing should only be effective when you are unaware it is in place; as a function of the subconcious brain, once it moves into the stream of conscious thought it is no longer in control of our decisions. Its like when you are doing something out of habit/reflex, like riding your bike or blinking; you don't take any conscious thought to consider what you are doing. But if you become aware of what you are doing and begin to focus on your actions they are no longer automatic and may even begin to seem strange to you. So now that Jessi's subconscious programming has been moved into her conscious thought it would seem unlikely that she "couldn't help [herself]", as she told Kyle when he asked her why she had taken the information from his mind. So the question is did she do it out of programming or because she feels that helping Madacorp is the only way for her to be free like Emily promised her? Also, if she did it on purpose why did she feel guilty enough afterwards to jump over the falls; did she do it just to make a quick escape and get the info back to Madacorp?

One more question, away from the topic of Jessi, is why would the house appear as if no one had lived there for a long time? Baylin is obviously in no condition to monitor his equipment and take care of the necessary functions himself, so someone would have to be around, and the house would be the only place for them to be when they aren't with Baylin. My guess is that Tom Foss is the one who has been taking care of Baylin. This is based on the facts that A)Baylin told Kyle the ring was all he needed, and told Kyle that he knew where he needed to go, so Foss must have known about the cabin already, and B)I think this must be where/why Foss disappeared for so long when he left Kyle alone, in order to check on Baylin.

Unfortunately we have to wait awhile to find the answers to these questions....all I can say is at least it isn't as bad as LOST :)moreless

Kyle and Jessi discover something out by route 12

By expatriot, Sep 06, 2007

I had to select "nerve-wracking" because even though this was a superb episode, it left too many things unanswered.

I simply don't understand this idea of a mid-season finale. It's either a finale, in which case I would have hoped for a few more answers. Or it's just the episode before a long (really long) hiatus. In which case I understand the cliff-hanger ending (as much as I hate those) but still would've preferred some answers...

Nevertheless, a superb episode with one scene that stole my heart. Josh taking a stand against the rest of the family was heart-breaking and heart-warming. I had hoped Declan would give the Tragers at least some answers, if only so as not the spoil the chances of a reconcilliation with Lori.

I don't think Jessi is dead, I'm pretty sure she will return, but, since I've never liked her character, I hope she doesn't.moreless

WOW!

By overth3moon, Sep 06, 2007

That was a great mid-season finale! If the ending wasn't so open ended, the emotion of it made it worthy of a series finale. Loved every part..the inclusion of Amanda, Declan, the Tragers, Foss, Jessi and Kyle of course, and even Emily. Cleverly written, emotional, interesting, twisting, jaw dropping. I can't wait for Kyle to go back to the Tragers and explain all. And to Amanda as well..that should be very interesting seeing everyones reactions. How will everyone react to Jessi's "death"? Did she die? Will Adam Baylin be revived? I love how Josh, the one most adament about Kyle's weirdness to start, got angry and rebelled against when the rest of the family started to doubt him..ironic and touching. And of course, Kyle was his usual beautiful self, inside and out.

abcfamily just keeps getting better. Here's to the second part of season two! I can't wait, it's torture!moreless

It was a good episode, but not the finale I was hoping it to be.

By greenberry26, Sep 05, 2007

Again a lot of interesting things happen in this episode. The adventure of Kyle and Jessi was really interesting, especially the part in the cafe where the old man remembered them coming into the cafe before.

I also thought that the love story between Adam and the Jessi-lookalike is really touching and maybe that story also has something to do with Kyle and Jessi. I even thought that Kyle and Jessi could have made a good match. :P lol

It was really weird to see Adam in that cabin. I thought that the one they would find there would be Jessi's lookalike. I had a feeling though that Jessi might betray Kyle. This is another interesting storyline, as Jessi may have been programmed to 'use' Kyle and take information from him, but her own feelings feel that it is not a good thing to do.

It was a good episode, but still not the finale I was looking for. I was expecting a scene which is like the one where we see the note 'Dont trust Foss' or the one where Kyle opens Adam's box wherein there is a big surprise at the end of the episode. It gives a nicer effect and leaves you more excited for the next episode.

In my opinion, Jessi jumping off a cliff wasn't the best scene they could offer. And that is precisely because we all know that Jessi will not die and will be back to finish the season.

Anyways, it was a good first half of Kyle, and looking forward for more in January. :Dmoreless

Words to describe this episode: AWESOME, AMAZING, FANTASTIC!!!

By alibeth25, Sep 05, 2007

I think this is the best episode of Kyle XY, ever!! I can't wait for the second half of the season. I loved this episode. And I'm dying to see how everything turns out. I can't wait for Kyle to the Trager's his secret. And I want to know if Jessi is alive and if that was really Adam Baylin. And if it is, how is he still alive? One thing I was kind of hoping to see in this episode was Declan telling the Trager's Kyle's secret. I wanted them to find out everything. I guess I'll have to wait for new eps. I scene that I loved, was when Josh stood up for Kyle. In this episode, he didn't like trying to find out who Kyle is. I loved it when he was telling Lori and their parents that Kyle is their brother, their son. Why must shows always go on hiatus? I think it's to drive the fans crazy. Leave 'em wanting more. Well, they succeeded. I can't wait for new episodes. As soon as I find out when the second half of the season premieres, I'll be counting down the days.moreless

How cool was this episode, huh! Awesome. Perfect season finale.

By betanoir, Sep 05, 2007

This is why I love Kyle XY - it's exciting, smart, original, tense, well written, and charming. It brings out the family values, but in a non-pathetic kinda way, and it's very enjoyable to watch.

This season finale was perfect, because it solved some old mysteries, introduced us to some new ones, and had the kind of ending that makes you count the days before the next season starts! Plus there was some cool ass-kicking at the end, too! ;) I really enjoyed watching this episode and guessing what will happen next. I'm thinking Jessi is not dead, but she's also not evil like she thinks she is, which will give great material for the third season. Looking forward to it!moreless

Load More Reviews