Memory Serves

Episode Reviews (22)

Superb

Kyle XY makes one think, wonder, and fantasize long after the show ends.

By bmoshier, Jan 25, 2011

This episode is an example of what makes this show so good; it leaves us wondering and intrigued. Other reviews and the episode recap cover the details; instead let me speculate, since that is the reason I'm saying this is a superior episode.

While it is still possible Kyle is from outer space, the chances are very slim. The two possibilities I'm exploring are he's a modified clone of Adam or Adam after twenty years of experiments. I'm leaning towards him being a clone modified for his super human abilities. Could the writers be setting us up to meet the 40 year old Adam in a future episode? Who knows but talk about a fun future!

And don't forget the background TV News show heard in the first episode. The police (somewhere) find a naked girl who can't remember and about the same time Kyle appeared in the same condition. Was that filler or a clue to the Kyle's future?

As I said in my show review of Kyle, this show has many of the traits of Fox's cancelled John Doe and beyond. I'm glad ABC renewed the show!

moreless

A little more is found out about Kyle XY.

By MickFeedOnMe, Jan 09, 2008

While at the Univeristy of Washington to check Professor Kern's office, Kyle stumbles across a picture that looks just like him. There is one problem. The picture is dated in 1985.

Kyle goes under hypnosis to see if he can learn any more about himself or recover any more memories which he does. He remembers Tom Foss shooting Professor Kern! He also knows he isn't the only one out there. So the question has to beg is Tom Foss the good guy or the bad guy? Was Professor Kern the bad guy or the good guy? Kyle receives a dark warning from Tom Foss.moreless

Well written and wonderfully performed.

By chinadollM9, Sep 07, 2007

Today we're putting Kyle under hypnosis to see if we can learn any more. While under hypnosis Kyle saw Kern and Foss struggling and then Foss shooting Kern. Declan is taking a trip to UDB, University of Washington, where Professor taught. I have a feeling Kyle will learn something, not much but a little something. That is freaky, Stephen gets Foss' detail switched and the next day Foss is at their doorstep. Lori and Kyle to Professor Kern's office to see if anyone recognizes Kyle, unfortunately no one does. They do get Kern's research assistant, Anna Manfredi, to test Kyle. After lengthy tests, Anna was astonished by the results of Kyle's tests. While giving the news to Lori and Declan, Kyle found a picture of himself dated by to 1985. At first, I thought the guy would be in his twenties at least, but I had to remember the guy was a grad student in '85. People always assume that the person we care about knows how the other feels. We don't say anything because we're afraid of rejection. As Lori went off with a guy, Wes, Declan realizes his true feelings for Lori. Kyle digs through Adams old research material trying to learn more about him. Declan questions Lori about sleeping with Wes, such a ten year old guilt trip. Kyle finds the symbol he drew and on the key card drawn by Adam Baylin twenty years ago along with coordinates. Tom hears that Kyle wants to go that spot in the woods and he just gets up to leave. After their little tussle, Tom tells Kyle to stop asking questions. Tom knows a lot more, and I have a feeling in time he will tell Kyle everything.

This is a great episode. Searching the present for answers to the past. If Kyle finds out who is really is how do you think the show will continue, I wonder?moreless

Finally some answers are given.

By confusedboy24, Jun 11, 2007

***Spoilers Contained***

For a show that only has 10eps (for Season 1) it felt like forever to get to this point. The episode begins like any other, with Kyle wanting answers to who he his. Instead of him going threw the angst of love with Amanda or having Kyle doing extraordinary things, which have been pretty much the centerfold of every episode. It finally stops mildly.

The episode really gets going halfway threw and answers 1 of Kyle's any questions and that is "Does he have a past?". Here we find out yes he does way back in 1985 but known as Adam Bailey who has been missing for 20years. Sure, an answer was given to a single question but 4 more questions were created, "Why does he look like Adam Bailey", "Where is Adam Bailey?", "Why did he go missing?" and finally "Why'd he draw the same symbol that Kyle drew?". Frankly now I don't really mind cause the episode really made me feel truly invested in "Who the heck is Kyle XY?".

Character growth, Kyle or shall I say the actor (Matt Dallas) still IMO lack in facial acting has improved mildly, but not a lot. Kyle on the other hand has finally grown into his own and feels less "out casted" and more "human".

A familiar face, I love seeing Nicholas Lea on Kyle XY. He was a great villain on The X-Files (Alex Krycek) and he's even more mysterious here and possibly even more dangerous???

The episode on my scale rates a 7.5 out of 10, it was mildly interesting but it still could have been way better. Acting needed to play and huge part in this episode and I just didn't feel it from Matt.moreless

We get closer to solving the mystery!

By VGFreak8, May 26, 2007

Kyle, Lori and Declan go to the University of Washington to research about Professor Kern. They find a picture of a man who looks exactly like Kyle. It says that he graduated in 1985. His name was Adam Bailen. Kyle takes the Professor's various tests and gets 100% on all of them. Kyle talks with a doctor and starts talking gibberish. When Nicole slows it down, Kyle is actually saying coordinates. Kyle explores the place where the coordinates are and finds Tom Foss there. Tom warns him that if he keeps trying to find out about his past, "they" will kill him and the Tragers.

This episode was so exciting and interesting! I loved it so much! It gets a 10!moreless

This episode got down to buisness!

By Kyle3931, Aug 24, 2006

It's about time! All of these episodes have been dancing around the real mystery: "Who is Kyle XY". This episode got down to the nitty gritty and started to unravel the truth. So many more questions were opened though. Like, what is Tom Foss's plan? What was that location? Why does Kyle look exactly like that student? This episode was a nice change from the ordinary Seatle setting. The colledge was a perfect get away episode. This episode was only good for the point of opening more questions. However, it is essential to the Kyle XY story. It is not my favorite episode, but it is definately a must see.moreless

Declan, Lori and Kyle go to the UW to see if they can find anything out about the Professor. They find a photograph that is very striking, as it has someone who looks exactly like Kyle but it had been taken in the 80\'s. This brings up many questions.

By seattle_chick, Aug 21, 2006

This episode was good but living in the seattle area it was almost an insult to us, they kind of skimp on the UW and the location 47.27 N 122.18 W Isn\\\'t really right by the UW Campus in seattle--Its actually located in a town I live just about 5 miles away from, called Auburn. I thought it was despicable that they didn\\\'t bother to find the REAL location for that. I mean sure, it\\\'s partially understandable that they wanted to keep it close to the University but anyone could just go look up the real location on the net and find out that it\\\'s in hicksville.

Other than this minor thing, I thought this episode was very good, it kept my attention, unlike many other shows I watch. Kyle XY is fairly well written but it\\\'s not really true enough to Seattle life, coming from someone who\\\'s lived in the area all my life. I actually have recommended this show to my friendsmoreless

The kids go off to the University of Washington and from their Kyle and one of the gang make their way to a nearby location...

Good teaser episode. It partially answers some questions but the answers create more questions than there were t

By JohnnySoftware, Aug 20, 2006

In this episode, we finally get a little bit more of a clue about Kyle's past. Not a big clue, and not a very solid one. What we do learn of is the significance of a place.

One we did not know about, and what we have not exactly seen before.

Not a huge amount of risk, danger, action, super abilities in this episode. It seems like it is an important link in a chain that the writers of the show are building.

While it was more fun that most episodes of a lot of series, and for most of them I would count it as "above average", on this series, it is merely average. Better than par, except for Kyle XY.

Lori and Declan's relationship tends to be as screwed up as ever. Josh is still on the my-step-brother-is-an-alien jag. And the parents of the clan are as concerned yet optimistic as ever.

So in a sense, only three things change. One, is they go to the place. And the other two, you will have to watch the show to the very end to see.moreless

What's in the woods...

By super_clerk25, Aug 20, 2006

This was a great episode for the mystery side of things. Kyle is in search of info at a nearby college and finds a photo of a guy that went missing twenty years ago that looks just like him! That tells us that he is some kind of clone I would think. It would be wierd if he was a clone of Foss.

All in all this episode stepped it up a notch and has the end of the season coming up on us fast. It's going to be a long wait until season two!moreless

THis show was the best t.v show i could ever watch i cant get enough of it and its driving me crazy because i cant wait till the finale

By 17653z, Aug 17, 2006

Kyle Xy is the best t.v. series you could ever ask and out of all these fantastic series, i think this specific one is the best overall because of the thrill and right when you done watching it your craving the next episode and just waiting for it to come on in a week.

Load More Reviews