A Time for Every Purpose

Episode Reviews (3)

Superb

End of a Morally Dubious TV Series

By BevinChu, Jun 08, 2012

La Femme Nikita the Joel Surnow TV series was a morally dubious enterprise that would have us buy into the notion that "the good guys must do bad things to defeat the bad guys."

It differed from La Femme Nikita, the memorable Luc Besson film and Nikita, the reimagined Craig Silverstein TV series that followed, and not to its advantage.

Both the Luc Besson film and the Craig Silverstein series promoted a more accurate view of right and wrong.

Joel Surnow would go on to create the even more immoral TV series "24," which rationalized the use of state-sanctioned torture.

Surnow's argument that the good guys must do bad things to defeat the bad guys is of course nonsense.

Whether we are good guys or bad guys is defined by what we do. If we do good things, then we are the good guys. If we do bad things, then we are the bad guys.

There is no such thing as good guys doing bad things to defeat the bad guys. If you do bad things, then you are no longer the good guys. You are the bad guys.

It doesn't matter if you still have on a white hat. It doesn't matter if you have an American flag pin in your lapel.moreless

A beautiful end...

By Parricida, Nov 18, 2007

I never thought they would fix anything with the extra 8 episode - I was sure they made it worser. The start was not the best but somewhere in 3-4 episode it started to get better but it somehow lost it soon, but this episode - it was superb. It was even more beautiful than the end we had after season 4. It was sad and I cried but somehow it was better - maybe because they changed with irony the last ending and this time Nikita did not say things she did not meant.

And the dilemma Nikita is left - Michael or Adam or his father.. someone has to be sacrificed and in any case this is bad. they had some action, they had beautiful moments, unexpected turns.. As my sister said - it was perfect episode.. I almost agree... but it was beautiful defenetlymoreless

This season finale met my expectations for this wonderful and exciting show.

By awerlwas, Jan 14, 2007

This show makes turns at every season. No one is who they appear to be or what they appear to be. Every turn is logical and well developed. The show does kill main characters and does not bring them back from the dead. This gives real suspense when a character is in jeopardy. When a series builds with that type of foundation, you know that the finale , should and does have the same wonderful suspense and turns in events. The finale met my expectations. It lets you know what happens to each character. It has suspense and kills main characters. In addition, it leaves room for you to wonder if there were ever be a sequel. It lets me imagine will Michael and Nikka ever be reunited? How will Nikka change with all her new power?moreless