Prisoner

Episode Reviews (5)

Great

Jailhouse Rock!(Spoilers)

By pretty_sure, Jun 13, 2011

First off I loved almost every aspect. It was intresting, and I couldn't take my eyes off of it. From him reciving stuff in the mail, then to how he was found, to the mystery of is he the bad guy or is he just a victim?

I thought that the acting was great, I thought the warden and Jenny were great actors, She was emotional, and traumatic, and you could see when she was lying. He seemed like he really wanted his wife back, but like he was keeping a secret about something, and when they came together in the interview room near the end of the episode, WOW, I could take my eyes of the screen.moreless

While not as compelling as the genius vs genius episodes of the past, just having the "Goren Dance" makes this ep an instant classic.

By rev_pigpen, Jun 26, 2010

Now that the series is going to be split and alternate between the two detective teams, D'Onofrio's apperances should be treasured and savored like a fine wine. While this episode has solid writing and a good (but expected) twist, the adventures of the quirky Detective Gorin are what carry the day again. It makes the viewer wish Scott Wolf would abandon the "case centered" plots and do more exploring Goren's character. Unfortunately the chances of that happening are nil.

And just in case you didn't know, the song Goren is singing while doing the dance is "Don't Bet Your Money on de Shanghai," by Stephen Foster. Yeah. That's what I said.moreless

Ripped from the headlines... a warden's wife shows up several years later living with an escaped prisoner.

By angelspinknose, Nov 19, 2006

Not one of their most intriguing episodes but a fine example. The wife is blocking out her life with the warden and the warden is a sociopath who has managed to hide it very well. It was pretty easy to figure in the beginning. Most of the time you figure it out with the police.

A warden whose wife was kidnapped ten years before is found chained to a fence and it turns out to be a self-inflicted punishment. The wife is alive and well and living with her kidnapper, by choice.

By Firefligh, Jun 25, 2006

A new twist on an old story: the phrase "going native" was first used in colonial times by European settlers in North America whose womenfolk had run off to live with the native Americans. Sure beat the Puritan ambiance. So it's believable enough a wife would prefer the company of an escaped criminal to that of post-LA Law Corbin Bernsen.

Tho the detectives at first suspect the 'captive' wife is suffering from Patty Hearst syndrome, they soon learn she has good reason to lay low with the lowlife...the warden hubby is a patronizing, thieving crumb who was plotting his wife's murder.

The warden is predictable but the story is entertaining and Bernsen is pretty good as the from-the-get-go transparent phony. A rare occasion the writers allow the audience to lead the detectives.

Gotta love the VD'O version of the Singing (and spastically dancing)Postman, but an all too brief "old Bobby" moment.moreless