Seizure

Episode Reviews (5)

Superb

While it makes for interesting television, the American serial killer has been done to death.

By Diela, Oct 07, 2011

While it was an interesting study of how three people's motivations and ambitions can unknowingly mesh together to form a tragic event, the charismatic American serial killer has been done to death. The facts were revealed at just the right pace to keep things interesting and suspenseful. However, I resent the implication that all women who have absentee dads are out in search of a Dominating man.

D'Onofrio was his usual clever character, and Hartigay's character once again trailed behind in his shadow. There are other episodes where she gets to shine with *her* expertise, but this is not one of them.moreless

A women commits a murder to get approval from her lover and to prove she could do it. The major caveat was that it was an identical murder to five serial murders the prior years and the killer is currently behind bars.

By jyarter, Sep 15, 2009

All of this carnage over a research study. Killings have happened for less than this in the past. This is a true tale of manipulation by a number of people over one person and each other.

Dr. Buckman who's theory was obviously flawed was concerned with losing his funding as well as having his theory disproved. The serial killer was making a case for the fact he was still incarcerated and another killing took place. Dr. Barnes was manipulated by not only the serial killer but by her own colleague and former lover. I found the episode interesting but in the end I'm not sure how you would go about prosecuting this. What a mess. Of course that is not our concern. I am pretty sure 1 out of 3 of these cases would be thrown out by the time they reach the court systems. In this case you have a bunch of people all rolling on each other and I'm not sure there is that much physical evidence.

A well acted tale and it was interesting to see how and what was going on at the beginning from a psychological standpoint. Sometimes I think they should just call this show Law & Order: Criminal Psychology which is more accurate than Intent in a way. Maybe not as catchy though. Thanks for reading...moreless

A seemingly demure researcher, controlled by a Svengali serial killer and a manipulative colleague/ex-lover, commits a copy-cat murder in order to exculpate the convicted nutcase.

By Firefligh, Jun 17, 2006

Every cop drama needs its de rigeur serial killer story. This one centers on how far a researcher will go to prove his theory.

Altho more disbelief than usual had to be suspended, this show had a few fairly novel takes, revolving around a doctor who is trying to prove folks with lesions on the limbic areas of their brains are prone to 'rage killings' . James Naughton, who does smarmy like few actors, was a joy as the totally depraved researcher falsifying PET scams and manipulating his masochistic assistant into an unspeakable liason with the dirtbag killer.

This epi was also notable for a couple of primo Goren 'intuition' scenes. One has BabyFace sensing a junkie suspect could not possibly have committed the murder as he doesn't mainline. Goren assumes the man can't take the sight of blood, and to prove it, cuts (and fairly deeply, yeah we know it' s not REAL but STILL, lol) his hand..sho 'nuff, the suspect swoons dead away. Strike THAT one off the list.

Bobby Boy's other great psychological eureka comes when observing the doctor who copy catted the murder..her OCD neatness strikes him as am attempt to control the chaos warring inside her - she is not only a confirmed masochist but the person whose PET illustrates the deadly lesion.

A good one.moreless

Good acting in lesser roles

By amauldin, Apr 13, 2006

I thought the acting in this episode was particularly strong in the lesser roles, especially the characters playing the smallest parts. The only one that played truly false was the doctor. He seemed like a phony right from the get-go, making it easy to see who was behind the whole thing.