Perfect

Episode Reviews (4)

Great

A doctor taking in runaways and using them to carry "cloned" babies is accused of murder.

By ArwenEvenstarU, Mar 16, 2011

A girl is found dead in an ally way with only a necklace hanging around her neck as a clue to who she might be. Eventually it is discovered she was staying in a sort of group home made up of runaway teenage girls. These girls believe they are carrying the cloned babies of parents who lost their children and are now going to get them back thanks to a doctor who can perform "miracles". Little by little, as the story unfolds, it is shown what a real creep this doctor is. I loved seeing Elliot and Olivia going head to head with him and his assistant, Mrs. Haggerty who is stubborn and just as brainwashed as the girls. In the end, however, she becomes the star witness to the prosecution. But getting there took a lot of work for the detectives, and was a joy to watch.moreless

Fantastic! Loved Gale Harold as the twisted Doctor.

By BuffyFreak777, Mar 16, 2011

Been wanting to watch this for a long time and they finally showed it last night in reruns of the show.

I thought the performances were "perfect" and suited the name of the episode. Christopher Meloni was really good, and B.D. Wong is always a joy for me to watch on this series. Still, as gorgeous as he was, I knew there was something off about the Doctor from the beginning. Plus, doesn't he look really young to have already established so much? The detectives noticed that too from his resume alone.

All in all, this was a great episode. 10/10 for me.moreless

The team vs Dr. Modern-day Frankenstein

By AvatarBlue, Mar 16, 2011

Modern day issue presented in an intriging and well-thought out episode. Sees the discovery of the vicitim apparently shot by police - but the 13yr old was already dead.

From the first act where the IDA looks to offload the case on to SVU, the story just gets better and better. One thing leads to another in one of those morphic storylines that you either love or dont. I do especially when the story is as strong as this one, with a good use of locations, decent dialogue. My one lament is the actor who plays the Dr. He seems a bit weak in some scenes but good in others.

The side issue of "kidnapped" children all turning up at the one place is excellent. Something unique to fawn over.

While the character of Jessie is welldone by the actor is question. She brings the whole childrens pov clearly onto the screen. Add to that the, guilty yet sympathetic mother figure and the relationship dynamic is complete for this episode. Some relatively minor action sees this episode antoher success in a very strong season for this show.

Id watch this episode again.moreless