Allies at Last

Episode Reviews (3)

Superb

Religious Freedom Dicussed

By Kirok2, Oct 02, 2005

This was a great episode. I listed as pivotal not because of the freedom issue, but because it was in this episode that the French allied themselves with the Americans, which was one of the turning points of the American War for Independence.

But that aside there was a deeper story. Most people do not know that Jews (or at that time Israelites) were a part of America from the very beginning, but they were. However as in some situations even today they were treated as second class citizens. In fact only the slaves and former slaves were considered even lesser citizens. This episode in history, as well as in programming, was key to America creating the freedom of religion clause in the First Ammendment. This was well written and performed.

I must also say that this animated series should be viewed by every American child to view its history accuractly.moreless

Freedom of Religion - for Jews as well!

By JCRauch2, Sep 18, 2005

This was a great episode. I just finished seeing the rerun of this episode and I must say I quite liked it. This episode I listed as pivotal not because of the freedom issue, but because it was in this episode that the French allied themselves with the Americans, which was one of the turning points of the American War for Independence.

But that aside there was a deeper story. Most people do not know that Jews (or at that time Israelites) were a part of America from the very beginning, but they were. However as in some situations even today they were treated as second class citizens. In fact only the slaves and former slaves were considered even lesser citizens. This episode in history, as well as in programming, was key to America creating the freedom of religion clause in the First Ammendment. This was well written and performed.

This was a story of freedom of beliefs & freedom of religion.

By 20647563517140431437803613064735-JCRauch, Sep 11, 2005