Listen Up

Show Reviews (7)

Good
7.3

A great decent show that shouldn't have been cancelled.

By xerania333, Jun 04, 2006

I hate when networks or companies decide to cancel shows sometimes without telling viewers! Thats just wrong! This show was good clean entertainment! Listen Up was a fairly decent show with good actors and great dialogue and episode plots. I loved many episodes of the series and this show didn't deserve to be cancelled! In my opinion, critic's stink.

not good. not bad either.

By Er0KSeinfeldfan, Dec 18, 2005

it was okay. i first watched it cuz George Costanza was in it. I thought it was pretty bad, but kept watching it. It got funnier, but never made me laugh out loud. It had some potential and probably could have gotten even better. doop de doop shoop ya.

EROK

This show was very underappreciated when it was on the air. It was a different familial side of the old Costanza that we all knew and loved from Seinfeld, but this show was about his pretty normal family.

By b2c3, Nov 10, 2005

This show wasn't bad, it wasn't great, but it was worth the watch. I guess it was just too different of a role for the idiot Costanza we knew in Seinfeld.

It was geared for the family audience for CBS but I guess audiences didn't click with the show or maybe just it's premise. The ratings weren't there I think because nowadays you have to have some controversy or explicitness about it to survive.

At least it survived the Seinfeld curse (kind of) by standing tall for a full 22 episodes but got the axe just after the the season. I'm just glad that I have them all on my own DVDs, because I don't think they'll be released at all or anytime soon.moreless

This show had potential

By floberdobdob, Sep 11, 2005

I feel that "Listen Up" had the potential to succeed more than one season. The show got decent ratings, and enough viewers that it should have at least been picked up for a second season. However, now a days, networks are just dishing out hunk after hunk after hunk of trash that get cancelled, if your lucky, within a year. Very few comedies are succeeding today, and one of the few successful ones left is "Will & Grace" which is now entering its 8th and final season during the 2005-2006 year. We can only hope that at least one or two of the new network comedies will succeed.moreless

Based on Tony Kornheiser, Jason Alexander decided to try again with a series about a Sportscaster. This was done despite the Seinfeld curse, but unfortunatly, it was cancelled after one full season.

By GoHabsGo999, Aug 11, 2005

I thought this was a really funny show. I enjoyed watching it on a line-up of Listen Up, and 24. Now of course I wont be able to do that next year. I don't get what is wrong with it. It had very funny actors. It had funny story-lines (and it isn't one of those "dramatic" comedys, Friends, cough..cough). It had really funny writing as well. Now I don't see why it didn't last. It was as good as most of the comedies out these days. Well I recommend renting the DVD if it comes out with one and enjoy.moreless

Not as bad as some of the critics would have you believe. But not good either.

By ECioffoletti, Jun 22, 2005

I found this show to be better in many ways than the "Still Standing" show that preceeded it. Jason Alexander is a talented comic actor who did manage to break from his George character here.

The pilot was pretty solid I felt. After that, things never seemed to progress much. Each episode revolved around Tony trying to get closer to his teenage daughter. The chemistry between Jamal-Warner and Alexander was never there in my opinion.

But the cast as a whole was talented. The jokes were usually amusing. This is a show that could have done better and might have improved a little had it come back for a 2nd season.

Not that I'll miss it. CBS should be able to do better.moreless