Little House on the Prairie

Show Reviews (70)

Great

TODAY SHOWS CORNY FAKE KIM KARTRASHIAN or other fake reality shows,can't COMPARE !!!!!!!

By AmandaBauer7566, Oct 01, 2015

GLAD YOU'RE JUST BEGINNING TO WATCH JORDAN RUMSEY( i read ur post below) i am AMANDA

and yep. just keep watchin such a great show!Sure there is severe illness/killing some of the town off at times,but that is how it was back then,and i know some say,oh lil house was ok but not great premise on so much serious heartache,sadness,but i tell those HATERS, this show was exceptional even with the real sad scenes at times, because it was premise on reality,tru story stuff that went on during this and not exactly like the books, but sure was ALOT like the truth books,and MICHAEL LANDON THE HANDSOME TALENTED GENIUS WHO DIED SO YOUNG only early fifties or so, he sure did leave us with a family oriented "never get old" timeless classic A+ rate great show for a lifetime literally. EVEN THOUGH THERE WAS NO REAL NELLIE, (close enough as MICHAEL LANDON ONCE MENTION by combining mean girls who was so mean to sweet laura back then, just like nellie,so it works for this addicted fan and no cassandra cute lil self or lil cute james or VERY cute albert,all fictionalized,and added a nice blended-mix to this ICONIC incredible realistic

show. I love it so much... SO MUCH MEANING TO THIS SHOW BIBLE to the "value of loyalty and family #1 THIS IS SO TRUE,AND MICHAEL LANDON GET ALL THE CREDIT FOR IT AS HIS HOME LIFE HE SAID IN NJ SUCKED,BY LOTS OF FIGHTING ABUSE (PARENTS DV) stuff like wanted it to be definite-focus on CORE FAMILY VALUES,GOD/PRAYER/FAITH/HOPE loyal trust within him and caroline the marriage,was so beautifully done,realistic same as my parents never had to cheat or dishonor,i sure love this man for the type of greatness with great that come along with per epie just about of LHOTP!

i watch for years born in upper 70s,and will watch till i am old and grey, this is what shows today should be god-lovin, no cheating just loyal,good men women, great kids,bad at times lmfao lol sure it happens but always god-fearing,and putting familiy LOYALTY honesty,mature trust first,and working HARD as a couple thru the bad times, to get to the better good times. I love this show,going back to watch THE LAST FAREWELL ON HALLMARK I TAPE IT GLAD I DID to watch and cry and smile anytime,this winter and recording as many as feasible,before the stupid thanksgiving xmas shows on hallmark suck up the channel,for 2 months. i hate that.

LOVE LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE!!!

and glad now INSP SHOW IT NOW TOO IN RE-RUNS too,so i am happy.

night

moreless

I love Little House on the Prairie

By JordanRumsey, May 18, 2015

I am one of the bigest fans of this show i am only on season 3 but i am sucked into the show

I Love Little House!

By amanda2004ok, Feb 25, 2014

Little House on the Prairie is the best show a person could watch. Although it doesnt portray and go along with the books exactly, it has many wonderful messages. Michael Landon was an amazing man with amazing talent. The actors on the show were all wonderful and really brought their characters to life. My favorite characters on the show were Charles, Laura, Nels, Carrie, and especially Albert. Although Albert was a made up character, I am glad that Michael Landon decided to add him. I think it showed that Charles could have an amazing relationship with both a daughter and a son. Also Charles was able to have the son he always wanted. Matthew Laboryteaux did a great job as Albert. My favorite television line of all time is still the scene where Albert is sick in A Look Back to Yesterday and is told he is going to die and Charles wants to take him back to Burr Oak, Iowa to be with his Ma, brother, and sisters but Albert tells him that he doesnt want them to watch him die and that Walnut Grove was the first place that he felt like he had a family that loved him and that his best memories happened there and he says. "Take me home Pa. Take me back to Walnut Grove. I became Albert Ingalls That line still makes me tear up. Overall a great show to watch with the family!!moreless

The book was better

By Raven77, Feb 18, 2014

Well, the title of my review fits well. I just always get a bigger kick out of reading the book than watching the film. More of a reader than a movie watcher when it comes to movis based on books.

outstanding program

By Richie52, Nov 24, 2012

For me, Little House on the Prairie would be the best family show of all time! This was a show that was way better and way focus than the other family shows ever aired in the television. Among the TV series I've seen before, Little House on the Prairie deal with matters that were too concentrated for a family show and it shows in the entire episodes. Because of my love for this show, I purchased a DVD copy from http://www.sweetsecondlife.com/Little-House-On-The-Prairie-Dvd-Full.html . Very steadfast seller because they shipped my order in a prompt manner! When I checked the DVDs, it has good quality and complete episodes. I'm so thankful that I could see this show again because Little House on the Prairie is such a great TV show is a very outstanding program.moreless

love it

By RophaApplesee, Oct 18, 2012

i love little house on the praire.i have all your movies.i love looking at your movies evry day.great movies.you guys are the best.biggest fan

Little House On The Prairie Fan

By 70TVlover, Aug 10, 2012

I loved this show as a child, and still watch re-runs to this day.

I realize that the TV show is nothing like the books. I guess for me, that doesn't really matter. I acquired so many other things from watching the show. Ideals which have remained with me for life. In addition to an hour of entertainment, I learned about the value of being honest, the importance of working hard, the significance of family and community, the emphasis placed on God and His central role in each family's life, (almost every show makes reference to God and the faith that people put in Him.)

Furthermore, the series portrays a tenderness and simplicity that mesmerizes the viewer and allows them to experience "small-town" life during the 1870's~albeit Hollywood's version of the 1870's. It does provide some history in the clothing and customs of that era.

I know that life wasn't as glamorous as Little House depicts. Ma's dress is always clean and pressed, her hands callous-free, and Pa with his broad shoulders and thick head of hair always willing to jump in and save the day. With much success, I might add.

I do think this series provides us with an opportunity to escape for an hour into a land of wholesomeness, integrity and virtue, with a captivating and sometimes humorous plot and the ability (if we choose) to turn to our children and talk to them about what they just saw.

And isn't that what family viewing is all about?moreless

Great Family Show

By 1lawfan, Feb 20, 2012

People have to understand that if Michael Landon didn't use some "poetic licence" the show would have lasted 1 year if that. I loved the books, but they were boring for a TV show and didn't go into much detail.

Except for the last few years, when he should have let it go, he did a wondeful job showing us good values and morals and my children and I still love to watch it.

I don't think most people thought everything that happened was true to life, he discussed it a lot back then, but dispite what was going on in his own life, Mr. Landon knew the touchpoints of his audience and I'm grateful to him.moreless

Jesse and Frank James decide to hide out in Walnut Grove. Terror ensues for the townspeople, but hilarity ensues for those of us watching this silly, yet fun episode of LHOTP.

By walnutgrove, Dec 06, 2011

The shark began to circle the waters in this ridiculous Season 4 offering, but it's all in good fun and still manages to keep the viewer's interest. Um...so Miss Beadle just HAPPENS to give out an assignment on the Civil War (as Pa manages to note is "only 11 years ago so feelings are still raw" in order to remind us of the time period), so the James Brothers just HAPPEN to come to Walnut Grove (which works out perfectly for the North/South debate), and one of the students who is for the North (and opposes Mary's sympathy for the atrocities done to the South) just HAPPENS to shoot Jesse James 6 years later (he's Ford, LOL)! Wow, what a coincidence! I think the funniest moment for me was when Charles swims underwater while a bouty hunter is sealing off the town. Ludicrous but still entertaining.moreless

Load More Reviews