Longmire Has Been Renewed, Says a Person Who Should Know

By Tim Surette

Aug 30, 2013

A&E's dusty procedural Longmire has been found guilty... of getting a third season! *shoots guns in the air like a happy Yosemite Sam* 

Following Monday's strong Season 2 finale, word is out that the network liked what it saw and wants the drama to come back for more. And the news of the renewal comes straight from someone who should know, executive producer John Coveny. Coveny spoiled the A&E press release department's thunder and announced the good word on Twitter.

The drama stars Robert Taylor as Sheriff Walt Longmire, a Montana lawman who returns to work after the death of his wife. Katee Sackhoff, Bailey Chase, and Lou Diamond Phillips also star in the series. Longmire crept along rather quietly but has developed a following. The Season 2 finale drew one of the series' biggest audiences, pulling in 4.42 million viewers. 

A&E has not confirmed the renewal, but Longmire is the network's most-watched show and it's only a matter of time until the A&E makes it official. Things like most-watched shows tend to get renewed. The news was first reported (we believe) by Deadline

Looking for a review of the Season 2 finale? Check out this glowing recap from user thatguylafayette.

• Comments (50)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • eeluso Sep 02, 2013

Good news! I love this show

• ted2332 Aug 31, 2013

Good news, I like Longmire.
    Its good old fashion TV, more substance than style.

• AmyTeves Aug 31, 2013

What I like about Longmire is that I miss the old fashion westerns where the folks know everybody and cares. A sheriff that looks for justice, not necessarily just solving the crime. It took his daughter landing in the hospital for him to get a cell phone, and he values and respects traditions but keeps his secrets close to his vest. It is refreshing to see less emphasis on the the lab and more on investigating the hunches. He is a man out of time, but not out of place. Branch and Vic keep up with the modern DNA and forensic work and push him forward into the present all the while learning that there is more to solving crimes than just analyzing the evidence. They have to understand the motivations of people too.

• KiowaWoolley Aug 31, 2013

Great show though at times it feels like it is going nowhere. I wish the events in the Finale had been at the beginning of the year. it seems like they tried to make the election a big deal and then casually just wrote it off for whatever reason. Regardless, Im glad it is renewed. The performances are pretty great and its very well filmed most of the time.

• AngelaLegakes Aug 30, 2013

Shiny! :-)

• AngelaLegakes Aug 30, 2013

Yippee Ki Yeah!!! :-)

• KevinBurns2 Aug 30, 2013

Thank you this is one of the best shows on television

• Svanehjerte Aug 30, 2013

This show is actually GREAT and different for a sheriff/cop kinda show. I like it a lot and I'm happy to hear they renewed it. A&E; got at least two good shows in Longmire & Bates Motel.

• acinonyx Aug 30, 2013

Yipeee! My favourite summer show!

• TrevPlatt Aug 30, 2013

This is great news. Longmire is a fantastic show and I can't wait to see season three.

• See More Comments (16)