It's Official: Longmire Will Be Back for Season 3

By Kaitlin Thomas

Nov 25, 2013

In August we told you that Longmire had been renewed for a third season after John Coveny, an executive producer on the series, tweeted the news. But now it's official, because A&E just sent out a press release announcing a 10-episode order for a third season of the Wyoming-set drama. Unfortunately, there's still no indication of when the show will return, though summer 2014 seems like a safe bet.

Longmire is based on a series of mystery novels and stars Australian actor Robert Taylor as Walt Longmire, a Wyoming sheriff who does things his way—the old-fashioned way. Katee Sackhoff (hi, Starbuck!) co-stars as Deputy Victoria "Vic" Moretti, and Lou Diamond PhillipsCassidy FreemanBailey Chase, and Adam Bartley round out the cast. The show averaged 3.7 million viewers in Season 2, and continues to be the network's top original drama in overall viewership.

It took three months to officially announce the renewal. What do you think A&E has been doing since the news first broke on Twitter in August? What do you hope to see in Longmire Season 3?

• Comments (71)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • macshaw3 Oct 04, 2014

I'm glad that they are bringing it back but A&E; is still pissing me off! It's a very good show as well as their best drama and these idiots at A&E; are only giving it 10 episodes! I hope they don't leave the series in limbo. And if it does get cancelled for season 4 then I hope somebody else smarter picks it up.

• vivianhight Aug 06, 2014

Season 4 is a must. Please don't leave the story in limbo!

• donnabasenbackchilders Jul 21, 2014

Really like Longmire series different and enjoy the story. Hope they continue it.

• Jeffro70 Jul 18, 2014

This show better keep going im getting sick of gettin into a show just to have them cancel it like deadwood, vegas,southland this is the last time i fall for it if no season 4 of longmire im done with series tv shows for ever

• fanfromtoronto May 10, 2014

10 episodes is a joke, and a bad one at that. This is a very popular show, and has a lot of followers. It merits more attention, so why are we getting short shrift?

• rayscrafield Apr 30, 2014

Whatever happened to a 26 week season? Why only 10 episodes?

• kay97 Apr 14, 2014

I can't believe it's taken so long. I really like this show. They have great writers and stories, and I like the actors. I was beginning to wonder if I should remove it from the series manager on the DVR. Great!

• JaniceGibbs1 Apr 08, 2014

Bring back the Glades too

• PeggyWagner Apr 06, 2014

So glad this is back! My favorite show I hope this stays forever.

• tommywmiller Apr 02, 2014

I love the show. I am happy to see the series has been renewed.

• See More Comments (52)