It's Official: Longmire Will Be Back for Season 3

By Kaitlin Thomas

Nov 25, 2013

In August we told you that Longmire had been renewed for a third season after John Coveny, an executive producer on the series, tweeted the news. But now it's official, because A&E just sent out a press release announcing a 10-episode order for a third season of the Wyoming-set drama. Unfortunately, there's still no indication of when the show will return, though summer 2014 seems like a safe bet.

Longmire is based on a series of mystery novels and stars Australian actor Robert Taylor as Walt Longmire, a Wyoming sheriff who does things his way—the old-fashioned way. Katee Sackhoff (hi, Starbuck!) co-stars as Deputy Victoria "Vic" Moretti, and Lou Diamond PhillipsCassidy FreemanBailey Chase, and Adam Bartley round out the cast. The show averaged 3.7 million viewers in Season 2, and continues to be the network's top original drama in overall viewership.

It took three months to officially announce the renewal. What do you think A&E has been doing since the news first broke on Twitter in August? What do you hope to see in Longmire Season 3?

• Comments (65)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • kay97 Apr 14, 2014

I can't believe it's taken so long. I really like this show. They have great writers and stories, and I like the actors. I was beginning to wonder if I should remove it from the series manager on the DVR. Great!

• JaniceGibbs1 Apr 08, 2014

Bring back the Glades too

• PeggyWagner Apr 06, 2014

So glad this is back! My favorite show I hope this stays forever.

• tommywmiller Apr 02, 2014

I love the show. I am happy to see the series has been renewed.

• sherryljdavis Apr 01, 2014

We love the series "Longmire". Can't wait till it's back!!!

• Monaflet Mar 30, 2014

I been waiting to find out when the next series of long ire will be aired. Love this show. Hopefully we will get to see it soon.

• ToniWyatt Mar 25, 2014

I was hoping it would be renewed. Really like the show and all the characters. Looking forward to it's premiere.

• deloresbelcher988 Feb 17, 2014

Patiently waiting for the new season. Just kidding, I can't wait. Hurry....... up!

• Irishluc Feb 17, 2014

it's a GREAT show, almost as good as walking dead. however in my experience I have found that once a network starts messing with a shows scheduling the show then gets cancelled soon afterward.
    worst part is they usually replaced it with some stupid reality show.

• 123456TAP Feb 12, 2014

10 episodes? That's it? If this show is such a hit why the short seasons? Stop teasing me and give us a 26 episode season. I"M IN LONGMIRE WITHDRAWL. STOP BEING SO CRUEL.

• See More Comments (46)