Lost Girl Is Renewed for a Fifth Season In Canada... Will Syfy Bring It to the U.S.?

By Tim Surette

Feb 27, 2014

First Canada takes gold medals from us in both men's and women's ice hockey at the Winter Olympics, and now the country is flaunting more Lost Girl in our faces?! Canadian cable network Showcase renewed Lost Girl for a fifth season today, requesting 13 more episodes' worth of sexy she-demon shenanigans, says The Hollywood Reporter.

Of course, here in the U S of A, Lost Girl airs on Syfy, so where's the news that Syfy is bringing it south of the border, all crusted over with Tim Horton's and hand-delivered by Mounties? I sent an email to Syfy wondering what the deal is, and a network rep said that a decision hasn't been reached yet. So I'll give you American Lost Girl fans a reason to worry by reminding you that when Showcase renewed the series for Season 4, Syfy simultaneously announced that it would import the new episodes. However, you probably don't have to worry too much, because how can Syfy pass up on a show that's already been made? 

Lost Girl stars Anna Silk as Bo, a succubus who functions and feeds off of sexual energy, so events like the one you see pictured above tend to happen. Season 4 recently concluded on Showcase, but is currently only halfway through on Syfy.

• Comments (29)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • ryanmcclintic Sep 05, 2014

If they don't bring it to scyfy maybe they will itunes or amazon, maybe netflix it.

• amigreene1 Apr 08, 2014

Omg u have to bring it back sooner then 2015 I can't wait that long its going to drive me crazy waiting

• gingerbell3 Mar 03, 2014

OMG please bring the show back to the US!!! It is one of the best shows on, I love this show! Been patiently waiting it would be awful if you didn't bring it back. Its such a fun show. Please Please!!

• St00j Mar 01, 2014

Loved the first 3 seasons, but despite enjoying season 4 it still felt rushed and full of holes. Hopefully season 5 won't feel so forced.

• smithinjapan Feb 28, 2014

"First Canada takes gold medals from us in both men's and women's ice hockey..."

Bwahaha! I daresay they were in the hands of the Canucks the whole time, and therefore not taken. Joking aside, though, Canada is producing some decent programs, with this and Continuum being bought up by SyFy (if they do by up this program, that is). Still, you compare that to the bevy of over-the-top-amazing programming in the US these days (with some notable shows coming out of Britain as well), if there were a TV show Olympics the US would not only win in medal count but also be more or less solid gold (they'd win in a few 'dud' categories as well, but a medal's a medal).

• Cricketman_au Feb 28, 2014

Great news except for one thing.... SPOILERS ---&

Ksenia Solo isnt mentioned in the press release! If this is a marketing ploy, great. If it ends up that Kenzi doesnt come back..... F^&*(^&^
    this show

• thekaitling Feb 28, 2014

I personally suspect that person will be back. It just doesn't make sense, ya know?

• Cricketman_au Mar 01, 2014

Man I hope so, itll be a hard show to watch without them

• MichelleHood24 Feb 28, 2014

Yeah I'm glad can't wait

• DresserBoys Feb 28, 2014

Damn straight they need to fix the finale

• bluemorphotat Feb 28, 2014

I do agree that S4 was rather messy but I do want one more season!

• stevei Feb 28, 2014

Even though the last season wasn't its best, I'm happy it got renewed. Now, if we can get SyFy to run it concurrently with Canada, it would be great.

• MandySCG Feb 28, 2014

Yes! I really wish SyFy would air it the same time as Canada (or at least a little closer). I have lots of Canadian internet friends I wish I could talk to about the show.

• See More Comments (8)