Episode Reviews (48)

Superb

We're not going to Guam, are we?

By BevinChu, Feb 14, 2013

Frank Lapidus: We're not going to Guam, are we?

Best single line of dialogue in Lost ever.

Best lost episode ever

By ImNotHouse, Jun 19, 2010

Best lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode everBest lost episode evermoreless

THAT was amazing!

By DerickBentham, Jun 19, 2010

lost is the best and most creative show that has ever been on television. THis season is yet another example of fine acting, writing etc. In the episode 316 Jack gets an amazing letter from Locke and Ben quite possibly has killed someone. 316 brings all of the oceanic 6 back together finally and they also have an old friend back in Frank Lapidus. They are all finally back to the island thanks to eloise and ben in which is where they are found by Jin in a Dharma initiative outfit. I absolutely love lost and cannot await next weeks episode!moreless

Why is LOST the best show on television. oh my gosh how awesome was this episode?? so much has happened. they are back! they are Finally BACK

By ajk021992, Jun 19, 2010

This is episode was great I enjoyed every single part of it. how very unexpecting who ever thought that they are gonna be back on the island on this episode. Anywways that doesnt matter it was just perfect.

But so many questions are running in my mind. Like how does faraday mother knows soo much? what did jacks dad mean about the letter? what made the plane crash? (lol i still dont get that) are there any other survivors of the plane? why was Jin wearing Dharma Initiative?

But as of now all i can say is why on gods green earth is lost able to amaze me every single episode with glorious revelations of men, women and planes?moreless

Victory Is Mine!

By cavanagh15, Jun 19, 2010

I have come to this site week in and week out for the last five weeks writing reviews that I knew were going to get smashed. "This Place Is Death" got an amazing 4 Thumbs Up and 40 Thumbs Down. "The Little Price" got 3 Thumbs Up and 27 Thumbs Down. This week - I don't think I'll have any problems with the Thumbs Down. I loved this episode from start to finish. This was the episode I was waiting for. I have been critical of the first couple of episodes of this season but this episode had everything in it that I love about Lost. They have established that they are going to go back to a flashback formula - which is amazing to me! Hurley comes out of nowhere and wants to go back to the island. Kate somehow shows up without Aaron and then wants to go to the island. Ben gets the crap kicked out of him, but still gets to the island. Sayid is arrested and is on the plane back to the island. I count at least four flashbacks in that group. Not to mention that the plane crash is sure to have some survivors that we will be introduced to. Maybe? The plane went back in time so it will be interesting to see what happens to the rest of the survivors that weren't on the island before. It seems they were dropping us some hints with the guy that Jack bumped into and who Hurley told to put his seatbelt on. I think he might be apart of the show now. The establishing of mysteries really made this episode standout and the beginning of the episode was also really well done. Hawking explains everything to Sun, Jack, Ben, and Desmond. These scenes were really long, descriptive, and we got some answers. I loved the "That's why they call it a leap of faith" line delivered by Hawking. The only "whatever" part of the episode was the four minute long scene between Jack and his Grandfather. Some people have said that they thought it was cool to meet more of Jack's family, I never really thought I would meet any of them so I would have prefered Jack going back to his apartmennt, finding the shoes and then discovering Kate. Thus giving us a couple of extra minutes. But I mean if one scene is all I'm complaining about then I'm a very happy person. Great episode, loved every minute of it.moreless

First episode of Season 5 to get a 10 from ME!

That was GREAT!!!!

By AnilThornberry, Jun 19, 2010

Wow, what can I say? I am still not over how amazing this episode was. I don't know what to say. It was simply amazing.

Ms. Hawking scenes were excellent. Love the way she looks and talks, fits perfectly to Lost. But some of the things never got answers to which was disappointing but not all that noticeable next to the great story lines: like how the heck did Hurley get out of the nut house and knew about the plane? lol! I guess we might get the answer in the next few weeks.

What I loved especially was Jack waking up in the jungle with his big lovely eyes on the screen - such a dejavu. I felt like I was watching the pilot. I wonder what really happened to them? The plane couldn't have crashed. They didn't even get a strach on themselves. When they were close to the island, they obviously, as we saw, flashed through time and landed on the island.

The most anticipating story line of this season is next week's episode. Can't wait! I will miss the Oceanic 6. They'll probably reunite with the whole gang (Sawyer, Juliet, vs...) in the 8th episode. :)

2 thumbs up to the greatest lost season EVER!!! :)moreless

Getting better, but still not Lost-quality yet.

By thefanof, Jun 19, 2010

This was a pretty good episode of Lost. At points it definitely dragged, but they were smart for basically hit the reset button and bringing everybody back to the island. While I doubt the show will ever achieve its Season 1 greatness this is certainly a step in the right direction.

It was a breath of fresh air to finally have an episode without Daniel Faraday running out screaming, "Not where we are, but when we are!" or Locke being Locke. Not that I don't enjoy those things, but we needed more Jack, Ben and Hurley and we certainly got that tonight. Ben's response to Jack's query, "How can you read?" "My mother taught me," was so deliciously sarcastic and that smart, subtle humor is what this show has been missing this season.

For the first time in awhile I am really looking forward to next week's episode. It seems hard for Lost to screw things up now, and let us hope they do not.moreless

Do they really return? If so, how? That's for you to see, in this wonderful episode that is '316'.

By motleylil, Jun 19, 2010

It's pretty amazing how, lately in this show, almost every episode leaves me with a sense of 'there's no way they can top that', but somehow they (almost) always do. This episode was no exception. From the beginning, it gives you a bit of a slap in the face to make sure you stay focused for what's to come. Because you'll need it. I admit that, this season, Lost is becoming quite hard to follow. But it's worth the effort once you really get into it. It doesn't give as much answers as one would hope, but I feel like it gives us enough. After this very episode, I am intellectually satisfied while, at the same time, the sense of thrill keeps me going. And that's what Lost really always has been about to me. Yes, we want answers, but, in the meantime, we go on this wonderful and crazy journey to a place we've never thought of before. That's enough for me at this time. And '316' lived up to that purpose.moreless

Welcome back to the Island.

By JBentham, Jun 19, 2010

This episode blew me away, and not because it was so action packed or full of reveals. It blew me away because it brought back the essence of "old" Lost... the character and amazing dialog that defied the first 2 seasons.

I'm glad the writers chose this approach over the "boom boom bang bang" one, which I feared would happen given how fast paced the show has become.

This episode was a joy. Yes, there are seemingly weird stuff in it(suddenly everyone appearing on the plane), but hello... this is Lost. We'll get flashbacks, I'm very sure about that.

Overall I think 316 is on level with "This Place is Death", but is brilliant for different reasons.moreless

Load More Reviews