Ab Aeterno

Episode Reviews (59)

Superb

Does the offer still stand???!!!!

By thefanof, Sep 22, 2011

In tonight's episode we learned that Richard Alpert was actually a cast member of Roots way back when and that Hurley is auditioning to replace Jennifer Love Hewitt on Ghost Whisperer. A lot of people were excited about this episode, but to me it was just okay. The first 30 minutes were pretty boring, but the last half definitely answered some questions (finally) and was very entertaining. Jacob and Richard may not have been original cast members but you actually got the sense that what the two of them were doing was premeditated and that the writers are not simply making things up as they go along.

I am still waiting for that classic episode though.moreless

Incredible Ep!

By rridder, Sep 20, 2011

What an incredible episode. This was one i was hoping and waiting for for a long time. Finaly we got some answers from all the mystery going on on the island. Richard is one of my favo characters together with Benjamin Linus. His acting was great in this ep with a lot of emotions his with his wife and Jacob.

I can realy feel there is big qlimax coming up. A battle between keeping the smoke on and of the island. And the selected ones have to make sure this will happen. Also the scene in the end where Lock is looking from a distance at Richard. One word GREAT!moreless

Enjoyable but this show isn't what it was back in the earlier seasons...

By stewie1423, Jun 20, 2011

I loved the first season when it was just a plane crash on a mysterious island. Now everything has gotten totally out of hand and confusing. There's now another island...the main one has moved...the black smoke has possessed Locke and everything is crazy.

Anyway...this was an interesting episode which told us about Richard and it gave us a few answers. How he got there, why he doesn't age and the whole black rock boat thing. It was satisfying to see these things unfold but I still can't help but feel too lost with Lost.

It was emotional and well done...but I think the writers may have dug themselves into a hole which they can't escape from.moreless

Ricardos ! ..

By Yasser-24, Mar 14, 2011

Richard = PERFECTION ! ..

It's IN the Top 5 episode of Lost History . it's Have everything you ever wont it in Lost .

it's a an Acting phenomenal = Oscars not an Emmy Crap !.

Note : if this show wont one an Emmy ill Never ever watch the Emmy , so far Lost deliver there best season after 1 and 5 . it's Has Answers ( Richard Past , Black Rock , The Giant foot , MIN & Jacob Game , Hurly seein dead people etc ) ..

it's has emotional as far as it's could be done , Tears and Tears in just short 10 sec that you will never forget about ! . * Most Important line ever : Jacob tells Richard that he brings people here to the island to prove him wrong. AND when they get here, their past doesn't matter.

at Last [ "You wanna know a secret Jack... You're dead... We're all dead... and this.. all this.. its not what you think it is.. we're not on an island.. we never were.. we're in hell. ] !

10/10 ..moreless

This was a complete waste of 50 minutes of precious time where they could have been actually explaining important things not giving us a bullcrap back story about how Richard became immortal. We already know how, Jacob!

By grspec, Nov 05, 2010

Seriously this was a complete joke and almost all of this season has been crap. It is apparent that the writers have no clue where this is going and are just making things up as they go along. The only reason I am going to keep watching is because I have invested 6 freaking years of my life into this show but I really have to force myself to watch these retched episodes.

On nights where I am not watching lost, I watch well written shows, like Breaking Bad or Dexter. Screw you Lost, you have jumped the shark.moreless

Worst Episode Ever!!!!

By alfredolozada, Nov 05, 2010

I dont understand people taking about nestór´s acting, it was terrible!!!, he was suposed to be from Spain, but he spoke like Sebastian the crab from the little mairmaid, people in spain speak very diferent from Cubans.

they didnt answer a thing, probably everything jacob said was a lie, as he never answers a thing.

the dialogs where VERY bad, when they saw the statue they showted, "el diablo!!" jajajajajja ridiculous!!, then Hurley saing, "todos nos vamos al infierno", one stupid apocaliptic thing after another. Please I really wanted a good episode, but ended being just as disapointing as Across the Sea.moreless

The best!

By sfee555, Jun 24, 2010

This is my favorite episode of season 6 and one of my favorite ever! Here we get the long awaited backstory of Richard Alpert. His story goes back a lot further than most would guess and his history on the Island is closely linked to Jacob and the man in black. It's here that we learn more about the struggle of good and evil on the Island and what the stakes are. The last few moments of this episode with Hurley being the translator between Richard and his deceased wife Isabella are great and so well acted. This one gets 10stars!moreless

a top 5 episode!

By freddo77, Jun 06, 2010

The fact that LOST can pull off an episode like this in the final season of the show is a true achievement! This feels like a season 1 episode in the best possible sense. Everything in this hour feels fresh and new and is like a game changer. The performances are amazing and the scope raises the stakes yet again as we see that the Island is something that has been around since the beginning of time and it has tremendous power that eventually corrupts most people except those rare pure souls who can withstand the temptation for whatever reason. It's not unlike the Lord Of The Rings in that regard. Truly one of the best eps. of the entire show.moreless

One of the most powerful hours of tv. ever.

By marcoportugal, Jun 03, 2010

I cant say more better things that those already said in other reviews... but this episode stands as one of the most magical moments in tv history. This hour stands par with "the man from tallahasse", "through the looking glass", "flashes before your eyes", "the constant", "the man behind the curain"... the biggest classics this series ever delivered... and theres only a bit written here.

A new star is born... Nestor Carbonell must win the emmy.

A new star is born... Nestor Carbonell must win the emmy.moreless

Load More Reviews