D.O.C.

Episode Reviews (100)

Superb

Finally the real LOST is back ! :)

By spando, May 15, 2010

After the crapy season 2 and the weak start of season 3 finally the suspense is back :) LOST > all once again.

One thing sux tho the writers said the charecters aint dead... Where the hell are they then ! its good to play with the viewers minds but not so mutch and so often cuz it gets boring after the 100000th question with no answer, i hope this aint some crapy conspiracy theory to fill our heads till they finish their season. Anyhow i hope the show returns to its original suspense and adventure aura that gave me chills from the opening credits :)moreless

The Ending of Sun Flashbacks?

By Dante_Edy, Jul 13, 2009

Objective - » Since Juliet explained what happens with the pregnant woman in the Island, it was a matter of time, until Sun became the Main Character of an episode. Her episode appears in a good time, since after that, the last 5 episodes of this season simple can be mind blowing. The 3 focus are: Sun in the Island, her flashback and Desmond trying to save this unknown woman that arrived on the Island.

Flashbacks -» The presentation began simple, than the set of the complication phase was unexpected. The Best of the Complication phase is her conversation with Jin father, this man simple portrays perfect his role, yet was simple drama, that make difficult not to feel sorry for Jin and his father, simply excellent. Her interaction with her father don´t were behind, simple perfect, when you finally know, why Jin has to work for him and why was that type of work, was Sun fault after all. The Climax was when she have to lie to Jin, a little Sad, when you known is sad destiny. The ending have one more surprise, but I think the majority of the audience could catch it from miles.

Sun Event on The Island -» The presentation begins very simplistic when Jack came to see her. Then the complication is set when Kate can´t lie very well and Juliet tells the truth. Then, the two of them, go to the medical station, to see the Date of Conception, so if was on the Island, she will die, but if was not in Island, then she will be safe. The ironic thing here is that the first option is what would make her more happy, because she love Jin. You have some information about the Island rules, which make sense, since Locke can walk. The climax is what you can expect, dramatic. Desmond Event On the Island -» Very interesting also. The presentation already happened in the last episode, but then the set complication phase bring one character back, which is a great surprise. His fight Jin was cool. The complication phase was only about taking care of that unknown woman and knowing one more rule about the Island. Didn´t notice the climax, but the ending was strong.

Overall:

1 - Plot Holes: Gold. Didn´t Notice

2 - Time and Scenes Management: Gold. Hard to notice that scenes that are just there to buy time.

3 - Surprises/Twist/Shocks/Cliffhangers: Sun Flashbacks is full of surprises. Her event in the Island too. Desmond mini plot have a great surprise too.

4 - Action: Gold. Great Fight.

5 - Funny: None.

6 - Drama: Gold. There isn´t a character that I can feel more sorry than Jin. Sad Faith.

7 - Tension/Fear: .Bronze. Maybe to know Sun faith.

8 - Excitement Level (curiosity/Mystery/Doubt/Revelations: Silver. You want to know Sun faith? Want to feel more sorry for Jin? Want to know one or two information about the Island Rules? Want a mind blowing ending? Then this episode is for you

If wasn´t for the next great episodes, I would rate this episode with a 9. Recommended.moreless

Jin's a Daddy, The Staff returns and the survivors are all dead!

By martync7, Jan 11, 2009

Many of the season 3 epiosdes, from "Enter 77" onwards can be put under the "Revealing" category and for those that complain about not getting answers or the story not moving forward this was a positive thing, proving that the creators had chosen their time to start answering stuff.

Once again D.O.C. is another smart exercise in this choice, giving us more information and hints. We find out what happens to pregnant women on the island that try to conceive there, the fact that Jin and Sun did conceive on the island, blowing out the theory that Jae Lee was the father. There are also some hints that Juliet may not be a mole in the camp because she wants to help Ben, even though she has to, and that Kate Austen is Pregnant too, thanks to Sawyer. D.O.C. may not be as revelatory as some other episodes but it does a job of keeping the answers coming at a more consistent nature, as minor as some of them may be.

However, the final revelation is enough to send fans reeling in their own theories. Since Season 1 an early theory was the "Purgatory" theory, in which the survivors were all supposed to be dead. That theory was discredited by the writers as being untrue. But Naomi Dorrit's words to Hurley would suggest otherwise. It seems more likely that what Naomi told Hurley was a cover-up attempt. The pacing of the episode is quite slow at times, but that is to be expected with a Jin/Sun episode. However, it does have ample time for some jungle action with Des, Charlie, Hurley, Naomi and Mikhail, who was last seen in the present being seriously electrocuted on the sonic security fence. His reappearance only gives more credence to the theory that the island has immense healing properties, something that has become all the more clear this season. Even Sun's miraculous pregnancy can be tied into the island's healing properties. Jin was sterile before crashing on the island. Add to that Locke's ability to walk again, Rose's cancer being cured and now Mikhail resurrected, ou can't ignore the fact that the island has the healing powers, probably made possible by the high level of Electromagnetism on the island. But how is it then that it can choose who should heal, quickly or at all? Ben hasn't made a recovery and some people have not even survived, ala Boone. It could be that, like Boone, those that have perished have all been,as Locke states, "Sacrifice[s] that the island demanded". If that is the case then who is pulling the strings? If electromagnetism is the cure then who is controlling the cure?

Not only does Mikhail survive but he also hints that on the island wounds heal differently on the island and that Naomi's punctured lung [no less] should heal in a day [or maybe a half!].

Since Season 1 we have learnt that the island has the power to heal but how and why is still not clear to us.

The fight scene between Jin and Mikhail is amazing and, not since Season 1 and the fights with Ethan Rom and Jack have we witnessed such a brilliant display. Not only has Jin's sperm count risen but his abilities in Martial Art have too!

For all the fights and tension with the guys and one Gal the main story is devoted to Sun, who once again gives a wide range of emotions, sometimes all in one scene or shot. Sun is conflicted with many emotions, just like Juliet. They make a good pair!

This episode may be slower but that doesn't make this episode any less compelling. It is all about the acting performances, as many of them have been lately. The performances here are not as electrifying as in "One of Us" but they are just as emotional. Both Elizabeth Mitchell and Yunjin Kim display a wide range of emotions making their characters all the more complicated. When Juliet is talking into the Dictaphone to Ben, you think she is all bad and working in Ben's best interest until her sudden last line, "I Hate You", which suddenly changes the tone of the scene. What is up with Juliet? I think that she has agreed to do what Ben has told her to do but in this mission senses a chance to get herself of the island or at least is trying to mix with people who want to leave like her.

It is still not clear but it would seem that Juliet is taking the "Every Man [or Woman] for Himself" motto that Sawyer holds dear to his heart.

The pacing of this episode may be rather mixed but certainly events throughout add to the growing momentum of this season as it heads to its close.

And if you thought the quality here was good just wait.....moreless

A Sun-centric episode.

By Writer2000, Nov 13, 2008

Let me just start out by saying that as a whole, I absolutely loved this episode. I thought that all of the story lines in this episode were great. When I first started watching the show by buying all of the seasons on DVD, I have to admit that I didn't really like the characters Jin and Sun all that much, but the more I watched the show and the more I learned about them, the more grew to like them. Now, I absolutely love Jin and Sun and all of their flashback episodes. I thought that the flashbacks of Sun's life in this episode were great. I also loved Juliet's involvement with Sun's story line since I'm also a huge fan of the character Juliet. In closing, I thought that this was a very well written, well acted and well made episode of Lost, and I can't wait to watch the rest of my Lost: Season Three DVD set.moreless

A well done Sun/Jin episode.

By PabloExobar, Jul 15, 2008

Its somewhat brave of the writers to include a SunJin episode at the season's endgame. They are the characters who always have much slower episodes than the rest, and more episodic too.

But now that Sun has a major storyline that is connected to the island, I think it was a smart decision. This was a great episode all around, much better than last week's "trek".

One of the greatest things was the flashback which many seemed to hate, but... I loved it.

Especially the part where Sun meets Jin's father. Amazing performance by the man, and very meotional series of scenes too.

I also liked how Sun stood up for herself and her husband at the end of the episode. And.. I was completetly surprised that the "mystery woman" was actually Jin's mother.

This episode also continues a recurring theme of Lost and that's how every decision has a consequnce... and not just for the one who makes the decision. It is basically Sun's indirect fault that Jin ended up working and doing horrible things for Mr. Paik.

The island portion was a huge improvement over the previous episode aswell. Sun and Juliet return to the medical station to find out who the father of the baby is. It's Jin! Great and bad news too. Great: it's Jin's! Bad: Sun's going to die soon unless rescue happens...

Can you say dramatic?

The sideplot, Desmond and co; superb! Mikhail returns, literally from the death just to manipulate a group of losties...again. I've to say the fight with him and Jin was superawesome.

Now, onto the ending... unlike last week's lackluster ending, this week we got a jaw dropping moment. The newly arrived stranger has something to tell Hurley.

That, 815 was found. And everyone died.

What?

LOST.moreless

A sun episode mixed in with a present and flashback with the island, infertility and Juliet's ability to help, we also discuss the morale aspect of shame, the shame of one's origins.

By captainbritain, Jun 28, 2008

We have SUn tending her garden, and for some reason I am getting tired of them playing on the kidnap episode everytime we have this scene, it's getting tiresome for sure, but this time it was Jack, come to talk to Sun about her pregnancy, she is a bit reluctant, but he assures her that it is just routine type of questions and now that he is back, he has alot of people he needs to ask questions of.

We get alot of flashbacks of Sun, they start with her getting off the cellphone with Jin, sitting at a bench and getting approached by a lady with a newspaper and asking if thats her, she says yes, then after initial chit chat, it is asked that $100K be paid or that her husbands shame would become public knowledge. She goes and asks her Dad for the money and gets it, Jin finds it and presumes it for something else and asks her to return her fathers money.

The jolly boys outing is now turned more into a medical mystery as they have to fix up the unknown parachutist, she is incoherent and mumbling in a lot of different languages, but Hurley understands the spanish for "I'm Dying", they check her and she has something sticking out of her side, Des orders Hurley to check the medical bag, Des volunteers to run back to the beach but Charlie says that it's not safe to go running through the jungle and it is an 8 hour walk one way.

Des says they have to do something as nobody knows they are there, just as Hurley is looking through the bag, he then fires off a flare gun, but as it wasn't dark then the impact is not quite the same, but the "oops" from Hurley was class.

Flashback Sun and Jin are in their new apartment, Sun looking through boxes and sorting it all out, but she asks if there are any pictures of his family, but he just says that they did not have a camera when they were growing up, he gets really uncomfortable regarding the topic for sure.

Sun talks to Kate regarding how unusual Jack has been since getting back from the others, Kate says that it is because he was kept prisoner, promised to be let off of the island. Sun tells Kate that she thinks he might be now working with the others in order to get her baby as he was asking about it earlier. Sun asks Juliet directly and gets a very blunt answer, that all pregnant women on the island have died, leaving Sun in shock.

The boys are still having trouble with the parachutist,trying to save her when Mikhael appears, he turns and runs, but is caught by Jin, he promises he can save her if he is released at the end as if they had never come across him, which they promise to do, he is also able to translate some of the mumblings, all the same, I'm dying, but in various languages.

The Flashbacks for Sun, incorporate two ket things, one is paying off the whore mother of Jin, she tells her that Jin believes her dead, that if she hears from her in any form, knowing how powerful her family is, she doesn't want that to become a reality. Then the next one she is walking down a fishermans pier, to a boat and meeting Jin's father, she gets invited in and has a good time, but told by her father in law she must never mention the meeting to his son, as he would then suffer the shame.

As Sun is sleeping that night, Juliet goes into her shelter, wakes her and tells her that there may still be hope, that she may still have a safe pregnancy, but she will need an ultra-sound, that there is a medical facility nearby that will help her determine this, Sun says that they did not find one, but then Juliet says that they were not looking in the right place.

Mikhael maanges to stabilise the wound and the patient and then says that he will leave now, they agree, he's only gone 2 steps before Jin is after him, the others play chase, then they discover that Mikhael has swiped the sat phone before leaving but spotted by Jin, they release him.

Sun asks Juliet why she is helping, she explains that it was years ago that she was able to smile and tell other ladies that they were pregnant and all is going to be okay, it's been along time for that and she wants it to go ahead once more. Sun explains that she's been with another man, Juliet says the DOC will tell them how long she has been pregnant and maybe who the father is. After taking it we find that Jin is the father but it was conceived on the island.

Back at the parachutist, Hurley gets asked who he is, he explains about the plane etc, but the parachutist says that they found flight 815, all were dead and there were no survivors. "What..>" says Hurley.moreless

yep

By efc91, Jun 09, 2008

After learning that the Others' pregnant women died before giving birth on the island, Sun allows Juliet to examine her in the Dharma medical station. Juliet reports back to Ben. Desmond meets a living Mikhail in the jungle and allows him to help save the life of Naomi. Flashbacks show Sun being blackmailed by Jin's biological mother, whom Sun thought to be dead. Sun is going to die or is she one of my favourite questions of the series so far, because imagine the storylines that would erupt next season with Jin and Sun, I just can't wait to find out there.This episode was a interesting one we also get to see Jin kick some Russian butt and the staff station agian.moreless

Sun !! Absolutely love her :)

By Kadodian, Apr 28, 2008

Finally more Sun and Jin flashbacks but this time we meet Jin's parents. Jin's mother was a I don't want to say it and Jin's father was a fisherman and apparently Jin told Sun his father was dead to avoid the shame of where he came from. That really angered me. There is no shame in having a fisherman as a parent or even being a fisherman. Fishermen work hard to get the fish and they work hard to earn a living so for that I respect them, I know this isn't to the point but I just wanted to give my oponion about that. Jin's mother threatens Sun to expose herself as what she was unless Sun gives her a hundred thousand dollars. In this episode Sun finds Jack acting really weird so she starts discussing the probability of him wanting her baby because he's working with the others with Kate. Then Kate assures Sun that Jack wouldn't do such thing and then Kate tells her about Juliet's research so Sun explodes in Juliet's face. Juliet sneaks out in the middle of the night and tkaes Sun to the medical station and opens up a room which wasn't found by Claire and Kate before. Juliet then runs a few tests on her and finds out that the baby was concieved on the island so that meant that Sun was going to die. I really hope Sun dosen't die I mean she is a really good character and her flashbacks are my favorite flashbacks. Also in this episode the woman who fell on the island with a picture of Penny and Desmond is treated by the man who we have seen dying in that force field thing the others had in their borders so I found that him being alive is really odd. After the girl who fell out of the tree is awake Hugo starts asking her questions and then he tells her that they are the survivors of flight 815 but she claims thats impossible because the plane of flight 815 was found and there was no survivors..that freaked me out !! Very good episodes. My three favorite parts where : A. When Juliet tells Sun that she's helping Sun because she wants to give good news again. B. The fight scene between Jin and the man who Desmond let go after helping the hurt woman. C. When Juliet tells Sun that the hidden room is where they took the pregnant women to die. Favorite character from this episode : The favorite position is shared between Sun and Juliet. Friends's oponions : 1) 8 out of 10. 2) 8 out of 10. 3) 7 out of 10. 4) 10 out of 10. 5) 8 out of 10.

This episode put the spotlight on Sun !!! Great stuff !!moreless

Sun loses either way.

By VGFreak8, Apr 07, 2008

Sun has flashbacks to when she met Jin's parents. His mother is thought to be dead, but Jin did lie about his fater's life. Sun gives 100 thousand dollars to Jin's mother to avoid giving Jin the shame of his parents.

Sun learns what happens to pregnant women on the island. Juliet tells her that they all die. Juliet can help her by finding out the date of conception. If the baby is Jin's, then she will die, but if the baby is Jae's (with whom she had an affair with), she will live. The baby is Jin's, which means she will die soon. Desmond, Hurley, Charlie, and Jin meet Mikhail, who was thought to be dead. He saves the woman's life and is let free after a deal. The woman tells Hurley that they find the plane of Oceanic flight 815 and all the passengers were dead. Juliet updates Ben on Sun.

This episode was great! I'm glad the baby is Jin's, but she still had the affair. The ending was interesting! The Mikhail thing was weird. This episode gets a 10!moreless

Load More Reviews