There's No Place Like Home (1)

Episode Reviews (56)

Superb

A great first part of the season4 finale

By lostcy, May 01, 2010

Amazing episode,one of the best of the season. It was so beautiful and so emotional. I loved the scene where the oceanic6 encounter their loved ones and i also enjoyed the scene where Sun confronts her father. In addition, one of the strongest moments was when Claire's mother tells Jack about her sister. Moreover, i was happy about Sayid,finding Nandia after all this time.

The episode consisted of a lot of suspense,drama and revelations. I want to know what will happen on the freighter,who placed the C4 explosives and how Sun will manage to be one of the oceanic6. Furthermore, i am interested to learn what will happen at the orchid station and why did Rickard and his group capture Kate and Sayid. In addition, i am glad to see Sawyer and Jack teaming up to find Hurley.

This episode was a superb set-up for the next 2 parts of the finale. I can't wait to see what happens next!moreless

And thats a good average!

By CellBlocknutter, May 01, 2010

(My review covers both parts of the finale)

This was a pure joy to watch, let me make that clear, but thier just ain't no way it diserves a top score.

I have to say there were moments I was shouting to myself caught up in the excitment, and revelations that made my mouth water, but regardless I wasn't as satisfied as I thought I'd be.

It bores me that we see the lives of charecters put in danger when we already know they will survive, it wasted time as far as im concerned, no matter how well it was executed. I have this gripe with many shows, the fact the flash-forward confirm that beyond a shadow of a doubt makes its more annoying for me.

I was disapointed further by a lack of 'lore.' As satisying as the ride may have been, it wasn't as if we learned much new, we were just confused further, thats fine but its not exactly thirst quenching. Its does beg the question of how much thier streching the story out.

Everything did go very well, it was a joy to watch and I love the show. But I can't be a blind fan this finale could have been more satisfying and in places it was pointless. The problem was they gave away things they shouldn't have, it spoil a lot of well designed tension. These final two seasons have a lot to pull off. With the ever increasing amount of things we want to be fully explained. If you think about it since the very first episode, thhier still isn;t really anything significant we have yet to have been fully explained. If the current trends continues, I cant see how they have the time to explain everything. If its done all in the final few episodes, I will as if I have wated a lot of time! Still let me stress I really enjoyed it. It just wasn't that close to perfect.moreless

LOST Season 4 "There's No Place Like Home (1) " very great episode we learned about about life after the island and it led really good into the season finale.

(Spoilers)

By kevinb4444, May 01, 2010

I like Frank Lapidus I think he is one of the good guys still not sure about Miles and Charlotte though. The episode before he dropped the phone so they could find the chopper and he helped them again in this episode.

I'm not so sure about the moving the island, it seems like maybe it will be a bit odd even for this show, but they do a great job of explaining things that might cause some people to question the show. I think they have at least.

They showed the Oceanic 6 when they came home, and how they were lying to protect the people still on the island, which will be explained more in the season finale as well. I figured they wouldn't show the homecoming moment until the last season I was pretty surprised.They seemed to wrap alot of things up lately, and I hope they leave some suspense for the last 2 seasons, I'm sure they will, and I'm sure there is plenty more things that will happen and that will be explained. I figured when they showed Jack & Kate that it was before the first flash foward when they were in the airport and it seems like it was they were together and split for some reason maybe? I think they touched on it in the season finale but I think there is more too it. They mentioned how Claire & Jack's Dad was still on the island and we don't know were they are yet. They mentoned earlier how they had the same Dad but didn't know it, I think Jack found out after he got off of the island. It was funny Claire's Mom was talking about how ironic it was her daughter was on the flight yet she didn't know that Aaron is her grandson. Ben & Locke are going to the Orchid and are trying to devise a plan to get in and to leave the island , they will run into a few people from the group later on who will make the trek with them and I will talk about that in the blog about the 1st part of the season finale.moreless

A fine build-up to what I hope to be a very mind-blowing finale.

By krazy4crack, May 01, 2010

It seems as if the Losties will soon be leaving the island and I'm very curious to find out how exactly they do it, plus the big question, "Why were there only six people who got off the island?" It doesn't make sense for me because as of now, these six people aren't even together in the same place, so finding out how they actually end up to be the ones who are able to escape is very interesting.

Ben just amazes me every week with what he has to offer to the show. You just never really know what he's thinking or what he wants to do next. As of now this review is basically just saying how excited I am for the finale and how this episode was just a mere build-up to what will be an amazing finale!moreless

This episode was great!

By VGFreak8, May 01, 2010

The Oceanic Six have flashfowards to when they finally get off of the island. After answering questions, they go back to their lives. Sayid meets Nadia again. Hurley has a surprise birthday party, but runs off after his dad gives him a gift and the numbers are on it. Kate has taken in Aaron. Sun now has partial ownership of her dad's company. At his father's funeral, Jack finds out that Claire is his sister. Ben, Locke and Hurley trek through the jungle to get to The Orchid. They know that Keamy and his men are there. Jack and Kate follow the signal. They meet up with Sawyer, Miles and Aaron. Jack and Sawyer go ahead, while Miles and Kate go back to the beach. Sayid gets to the beach. Daniel takes Jin, Sun, Aaron and others to the freighter. Sayid and Kate go after Jack and Sawyer after Sayid tells Kate that the men plan to kill everyone on the island. Jack and Sawyer reach Frank. They then go after Locke, Hurley and Ben after learning Keamy's plan. Ben gives himself up to Keamy as part of a plan. Michael, Desmond and Jin find C4 on the freighter. Kate and Sayid get caught by the Others. This was a great episode! In the end, everyone was like going after each other. The flashfowards were interesting. I'm so glad that Jack knows that Claire was his sister. I'm also glad that Sayid met Nadia finally! I want to see what happens next! I give this episode a 9.5 out of 10!moreless

A cool, natural, and realistic way to bring the castaways back into the world.

By RobGrizz, May 01, 2010

The most interesting thing about this episode, which is really more of a kick start to the "true" finale (the 2 hour No Place Like Home pt 2), is seeing the fabled Oceanic Six on how they got home, and the initial treatment of their arrival from the rest of the world. The season has been hinting at us that they've been lying, and here we get to see it in full effect with the press conference with the media. Jack still seems to be in charge of things but lying obviously doesn't sit well with the rest of the group. I think it's interesting the things they chose to say though- from everything from the location of where they were rescued to the other "perished" survivors that they chose to mention (Libby, Charlie, and Boone). Hmmm.moreless

Part 1!!!

By Dante_Edy, Jul 18, 2009

Plot Details/Objective -» The first part of the season finale and the writers are using the initial material which is – how the Oceanic escaped and what happened. This is a setup, mainly the events in the Island, the FF are showing us what happened since they were rescued.

What I Like/Disliked -» All the FF scenes were very good. Jack discover who is sister was or is, Sun take actions against her father (beautiful scenes), Hugo saw the number again, Nadia found Sayid (great emotional scene)

Overall:

Presentation -» (10/10). Perfection introduction for a Season Finale. It could be a different case if this was a regular episode. Also the FF show how Jack discover who is sister was or is, Sun take actions against her father (beautiful scenes), Hugo saw the number again, Nadia found Sayid (great emotional scene). Setup of the Complication Phase -» (10/10). The island event seems very interesting, even if there is a trek, the fact is: things are starting to be more complicated. Sun and Jin are on the Freighter, Locke Ben and Hugo arrived to the Station, Jack and Sawyer found Lapidus, Kate and Sayid are with the Others, Juliet is in the Beach waiting for Dan with Charlotte and Miles.

Ending of the Episode -» (8/10). Just remembering us every players positions and now Ben is in a difficult position.

Flash Forward´s -» (10/10). Simply perfect, is all about presenting us what happened when they arrived on land. All the necessary information was in this episode.

Time and Scenes Management -» (10/10). Since is a necessary setup, nothing or any type of scene seemed to be there to buy more time, or it is hard to notice.

Dialogues -» (10/10). The FF dialogues was more important and that is what had more impact. The dialogues in the Island is the usual Lost Quality.

Action /Adventure -» (5/10). Just some treks.

Drama/Emotions -» (8/10). Sun wanting revenge, Sayid and Nadia reunion, Jack finding that Claire was/is his sister.

Suspense/Tension -» This is not about surprises, since this is a setup.

Mystery/Curiosity/Doubts/Hints -» This wasn´t about creating mystery, doubts or anything else, because it is a setup.

Surprise/Twists -» None. The same reason above.

For a Setup episode, it is a surprise for me, that the quality was more higher than I could anticipated. The FF is what seems complete, since the next two episodes will show us the set of complications for Jack and maybe why he want to go back. The Island events moved every Character into their position for the next two episodes, but doesn´t make sense yet, since only 2 of the 6 oceanic's are on the Freighter that will explode, two got caught by the Richard, Jack are looking for Locke, who is with Hurley. Nice setup.moreless

An Oceanic Six-centric episode.

By Writer2000, Sep 16, 2008

Let me just start off by saying that I absolutely loved this episode. It was so exciting! I absolutely loved all of the flash forwards of Oceanic Six. I thought that they were extremely intriguing and very well done. I'm glad that Daniel and Charlotte were featured in the whole plot of the Oceanic Six getting off the island since they're two of my favorite characters on the show now. Another storyline that I really liked was Ben, Hurley and Locke heading to the Orchid. I was really interested in finding out what was going to happen with that whole storyline the first time that I saw this episode. As for Sawyer, I just loved him in general in this episode since he's always been one of my most favorite characters on the show. All things considered, I thought that this was a very well written, well acted and well made episode of Lost from everyone involved, and I'm really looking to watching the last two parts of the season finale of the fourth season of Lost again.moreless

The Oceanic 6 are revealed !

By vicky24c, Aug 28, 2008

We open with the oceanic 6 on a private (Coast Guard) plane, going back home to their loved ones. None of them seem happy. There is also a press conference there waiting for them. As the plane lands and they all get off we see them being greeted by their families and loved ones. But as Kate gets off with Aaron and Sayid, they are both alone with no one to greet them. Jack and Kate head off in to the jungle to try and find the helicopter and bump into Miles, Sawyer and baby Aaron. At the press conference they answer questions and it seems like they have come up with a perfect cover story for the island (such as plane in water etc). Sayid makes it back to the island and inform them that the people on the chopper wants to kill them all. Sayid wants to go into the woods after Jack and Kate, so Miles agrees to go back to the ship with some of the people. And so the first six (including Aaron and Sun) are taken off of the island. When Sun and Jin arrive on the big boat they are shocked to see Michael there. Jack and Sawyer find the helicopter and Frank, but learn that Hugo is with Ben and is in danger and so go back to save him. At his father's funeral Jack learns he had a sister, and that she was on his plane. When he learns her name, he looks deeply shocked. He then turns around and looks at Aaron. He finally learns that Claire was his sister. Back on the boat Desmond calls Michael inside to help him and it is then discovered that the boat is wired to explode with C4.moreless

Load More Reviews