Louie Has a Return Date and Some Weird Scheduling

By Tim Surette

Mar 13, 2014

Louie, Louie, Louuuuuuieeee,
Louie, Louie, Lou-iiiiiiiiiii,
Louie, Louie, Louuuuuuieeee,
Louie, you'll return on May Five! 

FX has finally set a return date for the fourth season of Louie, the critically acclaimed sad-sack of a comedy that was one of my top five shows in 2012, when it last aired (it's THAT good). After taking a year off, Louis C.K.'s series will return Monday, May 5 at 10pm. 

And in continuing with the show's new take on television comedy, it will also follow a new—and kinda weird—schedule. Louie will move from Thursdays to Mondays, where it will take over the 10pm hour with back-to-back episodes for seven weeks. That means we'll blow through the season twice as fast, but we'll also get a bonus 14th episode for our troubles. The Season 4 finale will air on Monday, June 16. 

• Comments (15)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • ted2332 Mar 15, 2014

Now FXX is up has FX run out of shows to match it up with?
    Good news either way, I like Louie on twice a week.

• MightyMad Mar 14, 2014

Don't understand people not voting for a hour of Louie every Monday.

It's a hour of Louie, people! What, you have something better to do at 10:30pm!?

• JT_Kirk Mar 14, 2014

WTF double episodes? This just leads to the next season feeling even further away.

• anacletoagent Mar 14, 2014

Yes! Yes! Yeeeessssss!!!!11!!1!1!!!!!!!!!!

• TonyMutu Mar 14, 2014

So excited! Can't wait! Does anyone know if Louis CK will air a new stand-up special this year?

• dashheadlong Mar 14, 2014

I don't love them airing it back-to-back like that. Would much rather have more of the Summer covered, but I will accept whatever they give me. Can't believe it's been nearly two years since we've seen this show!

• AndreaMcCooey Mar 13, 2014

Woo nice birthday pressie for me!

• dodge_hickey Mar 13, 2014

Don't care about the lenght, all I care about is that it's back.

• fweak Mar 13, 2014

Louie is an awesome show and there appear to be a lot of shows imitating it's style (Maron, Broad City). So is Louie staying on FX, while it's companion show Wilfred moves to FXX?

• MarlboroMagpi Mar 13, 2014

I am just very happy it is coming back soon ! I am really thankful for your recommendation. He is really one of the best comedian of our time.