Miami

Episode Reviews (3)

Superb

A very fun episode...

By patsully, Jul 24, 2012

The first scene walking down to the beach killed me. I love when he creates a slightly exaggerated version of his worldview, especially in relation to glamorous, younger people. The last time I thought he did so brilliantly was in season 1's silent club scene.

Seinfeldt with a twist

By EvanBama, Jul 21, 2012

I think that this episode was a play on the Seinfeld episode "The pool guy" (Season 7). The pool guy in Jerry's Gym was also named Ramon who wanted Jerry's friendship, but here the theme was - what happens when you don't need another friend as a grown up. Louie has a twist, and all though Ramon takes the first step, Louie wants more.

Proves again this show is the freshest thing on TV

By caliman99, Jul 13, 2012

I was going to write a longer review, but Tim Surette's review (click on TV.com review) said everything I was thinking in a much more concise way.

"Louie" is like a novel comprised of inter-connected short stories. Each may be tonally, and formally different, but still add to the larger picture. An individual story, like this episode, can be focused on a specific place and time and still make funny (and, yes, touching) statements about larger themes... AND advance the overall "narrative" of Louie.

moreless