Passages

Episode Reviews (4)

Superb

An emotionnaly charged episode.

By carnival19, Dec 07, 2010

This is a very special episode for me having lost my father when I was 8. MacGyver near death experience makes him travel to the other side with his grandpa Harry who suffered a stroke. The "death" is represented by a ship where dead people live. MacGyver finds out his parents, whom he haven't seen in a long time, are aboard and he wants to go in to see them (even if that means never go back). Harry knows and tells MacGyver that once the three horns are blown there's no coming back to life! Mac decides to go in because he feels his time has come. When he meets his parents the emotion is at it's highest, but Harry tells Mac that if he chooses to die and stay on the ship it will have consequences on the people still alive. So Mac learns that if he stays, his boss but also his best friend Pete will be killed. He then decides to go back (not without pitfalls), but Harry stays on the ship because his time has come and Mac makes peace with him and "saves" Pete's life.

A great image of how your life can be after you die, it's the author perception and it's a great one filled with love and of course family!! A great finish to season 5.moreless

Macguyver and the afterlife.

By sh811a, Dec 07, 2010

This is one of those rare stories that litterally show how human action heroes can be, it showed that our hero Macgyver can actually die. Personally even though it is my number two favorate episode because it's so emotional, it put tears in my eyes just watching it. Macgyver is in distress over his Grandpa Harry's condition which is near death. He is meanwhile on a mission to guard an egyptian artifact which has to do with the myth of Osiris. The myth of course corilates with what's to come. It gets stolen by Black Marketers and Macgyver tries to stop them but fails and gets seriously hurt putting him in a coma. The coma gives Macgyver a chance to board the Osiris to see his Grandfather but also reunite with his parients.

You can't help but feel a heavy sense of emotion in the episode because Macgyver is actually human in this one. You always know that Macgyver can get out of sticky sittuations every time, but in this episode were for the first time not so sure because this is actually death he is dealing with, how he going to get out of it, can he honestly get out of it? Another thing about it just the emotional reunion with his parients whom have all been decessed when he was a young child, you almost could sense he was going to cry at the moment he saw them again. However he has to make a rather difficult and heartbreaking choice, to either go back to the relm of the living and save his friends from getting killed or stay with his family and go to the afterlife. Being Macgyver is never easy and the decision he makes proves it.

The episode is a hopeful message showing how people we know and love are never gone, there always with us even though we can't see them.moreless

Good episode...

By green_arrow92, Nov 29, 2006

This is the best season finale of macgyver that I have ever seen, well come to think of it, it is the only season finale that I have seen. macgyver's grandfather had a heart attack and mac can't get a plane to go and see him. He has to help the Phoenix foundation with this relic and it was just stolen so Mac goes after the guy and the guy pushes Mac off the building and he is now in a coma and he is the only one who can Identify the Burgler. While in his coma he sees his dead parents and his now dead grandpa. Macgyver wakes up and Identifys the burgler. This is another series classic and one of my favorites on season 5. later...moreless