The Mad Men Episode Description Quiz: Can You Spot the Fakes?

By Kaitlin Thomas

Apr 11, 2014

It's that time of year again, when we all want to talk about Mad Men but are under strict orders from the government of Matthew Weiner that forbid us from even casually mentioning that Don Draper is [redacted] in the upcoming seventh and final season or that Peggy has a thought about [redacted] in this weekend's season premiere! Whoops. Please don't send a hit squad, AMC!

Anyway, because there's nothing more entertaining than making fun of the great lengths to which Weiner and AMC will go in order to avoid spoilers, we've created a little quiz called "Spot the fake Mad Men episode description!" We've combed through six seasons' worth of vague episode synopses and selected a few of our favorite, totally non-descriptive bits; now it's up to you to suss out which are the work of Weiner's team and which came from the brain of a crazy person (a.k.a. me).

Answer each question below, then click here to see the answer key.

thekaitling:list:choose-the-fake-mad-men-description/
thekaitling:list:choose-the-fake-mad-men-description-1/
thekaitling:list:choose-the-fake-mad-men-description-2
thekaitling:list:choose-the-fake-mad-men-description-3/
thekaitling:list:choose-the-fake-mad-men-description-4/

• Comments (23)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • Tanis_Ketra Apr 14, 2014

Lol, I remember reading all of these episode descriptions on Netflix and just being amazed by how incredibly pointless and vague they all were.

Though, despite all my readings, I only got 1 out of 5 :(

• kou_shun_u Apr 14, 2014

Yup same here. Apparently I'm usually voting with the majority though.

• ben45tpy Apr 11, 2014

1/5 I've still got it. Betty throwing a tantrum was the only obvious fake.

• efonsecajr Apr 11, 2014

Joan has scheduling problems? Fake. She needs something to do.