Everything's "Up in the Air" in the New Mad Men Trailer (VIDEO)

By Kaitlin Thomas

Mar 20, 2014

If you're expecting to get anything tangible out of Mad Men teasers and trailers and "Next on..." segments, then you must be new. The show is famously frustrating for never telling us anything in advance, so we'd probably have better luck trying to contact Jimi Hendrix from beyond the grave than with an attempt to get spoilers out of Mad Men creator Matthew Weiner or any of AMC's press materials for the series. But hey, that doesn't mean we can't still talk about them!

The newest trailer for Season 7, which premieres April 13, continues with the airport theme from the first teaser and promotional photos. It has the tagline "It's all up in the air," which Weiner claims means nothing, and it probably doesn't, but no one would be surprised if everything changes for Don Draper this season. After Season 6 ended with Don having a breakdown, taking a forced leave of absence from the agency, and dragging his children to visit the whorehouse where he grew up, everything in Don's life might actually be up in the air.

The wardrobe in the clip is definitely brighter and more playful than we're used to, as Mad Men says goodbye to the '60s and hello to the '70s. However, it's probably safe to say the series won't actually arrive in '70s until later in the season, if it makes it there in this first batch of episodes at all. But that's clearly where we're headed. What do you think?

Are you ready for Season 7 to land already?

• Comments (4)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • mrjimmyjames Mar 21, 2014

There probably will be a ton of traveling from NY to LA all year since it's been mentioned that filming took place in California. There will probably be 2 SC&P;'s. At least I hope there will be. C'mon Matthew, mix it up and break from whatever was dragging the show down last year. And oh yeah, give Bob Benson and Ted Chaough big roles this year. They were the best things about season 6.

• mrjimmyjames Mar 21, 2014

Still can't believe Jessica Pare is still there.

• Rolamb Mar 20, 2014

I suppose it's this one as the post is telling me I can't watch it from my location.