Six Month Leave

Episode Reviews (3)

Great

Freddy wets himself.

By thefanof, Mar 27, 2011

This episode started off slow, but things eventually picked up at the end. Betty Draper is boring and this storyline needs to end or get less focus immediately. When Freddy, Sterling and Don were hanging out on the town we saw some excellent chemistry and character development. Finally somebody punched Jimmy Barrett in the face, the one thing we've been waiting for for weeks.

Vincent Kartheiser is still underutilized, but at least he got some screen time here. We saw a much more malicious and cold-hearted Pete Campbell, but at the same time the humorous man we've come to expect from him.

MM did not deserve the Emmy for Outstanding drama and might win it again next year, but there are several shows far superior than this. Still, this was a fine offering from the AMC series.moreless

This was terrifying, like a walk along a ledge on the 16th floor.

By tjaman, Mar 09, 2011

First off, I thought Freddy was having a damn' stroke. And I thought Pete was such a child about making sure everyone in the office knew, and I thought all of their reactions (except Don's and Peggy's) were truly immature.

Jane was presumptuous, talking about stuff she doesn't know and buying Don shirts. Jane has now gotten fired twice, once by Joan and now by Don. I wonder if they'll actually have to throw her from a window.

I loved the Jimmy scene. Don's cheating on his wife, and with another man's wife, yes, bad, awful. But Jimmy's suspicions and his big mouth disrupted the illusion and poisoned Don's marriage, and hurt his family. Now Betty's even trying to break into his desk. My G-d, the lives of housewives in this show. Don and Betty were just hissing acid.

I had an image of Betty taking over as Don's secretary. Fireworks, no? It could set Sterling-Cooper ablaze.

Mostly I felt like that whole midlife crisis thing was a bizarre excuse Sterling dropped on Don's shoulders, and Maureen (?) blaming him for Sterling's latest bombshell was just blaming the window for the sunshine.

The relationships in this show are so delicately developed it's insane!moreless