The Better Half

Episode Reviews (3)

Great

The show lost its mojo

By ManuelValero, May 27, 2013

Honestly after last week episode (a very particulary bad one) i was hoping this week to be better -or at least more similar to the show old self- but ended totally irrelevant and predictable: We all saw comming Betty recovering her figure and proving herself she is still atractive, We all saw Roger eventually trying to connect with Joans kid (and failing at it), We all saw Peggy breaking up with Abe and his hippie ways, the writers are obviously "closing and cleaning" subplots and i can understand that but why in such uninspired and predictable manner? Betty flirting with some random guy? Peggy stabbing Abe? The firm still pretty much a mess since the merguing and thats what we wanna see solved. We wanna see more Joan taking over as a partner etc. And even get me started with this point the only interesting thing Megan could possibly do is die. The show lost totally that exiting factor it has: the cultural references, the wicked sense of humour, the shocking factor. I know Don is the main character but they made him so unforgivable pathetic and bitter that im starting to think twice before watching every time a new episode airs. Its the 60s for god sake. so many interesting things to say about that, things that would give the show a more intresting cultural shine, so many great characters wasted waiting for a oportunity of development. Im very sad and dissapointed because im a great fan of the show but im not sure if its worth watching anymore,moreless

Predictable, but still entertaining

By johnhuston549, May 27, 2013

Don sleeping with Betty, the co-worker being a dyke and making a pass at Megan. Despite that, the ep. was entertaining. I still can't figure out how Peggy ever hooked-up with that left-wing goofball. I was glad he was stabbed.

The Better Half

By thefanof, May 27, 2013

The pace for the episode was faster than most this season, but the stabbing and the inappropriate hookup, was just not the direction I was hoping Mad Men would take.

Still not that exciting.