Long Shot

Episode Reviews (5)

Great

Rusty must go!

By ironman166, Jan 26, 2013

This show is weakened by the Rusty story line. To think if his story was real the outcome would be the way it is. A police Captain (IAD) allowing a street person into their home is absorb. The majority of street people (children) have a substance abuse issues. Not once has there been any mention of counselling for Rusty. Leave the social agendas out of the story line and just focus on what made the "Closer" great. Crime; good investigative work; and smart solutions is the recipe for success. Goodbye Rusty.moreless

Interesting

By wickwickwack, Nov 07, 2012

The Closer showed how wreckless this unit can be and Major Crimes is on the same path.Rustys father is tricked into giving up his child ,using threats and intimidation ! They should have told us more about the abusive fathers wife ...

I hope they bring in a new character who would question their methods from time to time

1x10 - Sniperlicious

By JDML23, Oct 21, 2012

I really enjoyed this episode. Mostly because it was a great change of pace from the usual weekly mystery since they have to collar a bad guy and the life of a witness hangs in the balance. And I'm always pleased to see Fritzy!

The way that the entire room stared at Rusty's dad with 'I'm judging you... and finding you wanting' expresion was so glorious, I actually started cackling in delight. And the ending scene at the end of episode? So freaking awesome I actually cheered. About time that Rusty ends up with a family who actually gives a damn about him.

The sniper going up to the those cops chillin' during their lunch was hilarius. I know that he's a dangerous bad guy, but I thought it was damned clever and showed how much balls the guy had to go right up to police officers after he'd shot a judge. I liked Raydor being sneaky and deciding that they need to keep looking for the witness after being told the case belong to the FBI was great.

My only nitpick was Angel's stupidity of refusing to let his dad know that he got shot at so he'd at least know he was in danger made me facepalm so hard, though it can be handwaved away with him being a dumb kid.

Also, I get the feeling -it was an anvil dropping on my head- that the mystery of who the shooter was is going to come up again. I look forward to it!moreless

Family

By gudu35, Oct 16, 2012

I enjoy the team dynamics, especially Provenza and Raydor. There is that moment when Provenza believes they are on the same page, you see the twinkle in his eyes...only to be disappointed. Laughed when he said that working with Raydor is like working for a hall monitor every single day, you can feel his pain. But there's also the respect, the closing of the ranks when they are looking out for one of their own, Rusty certainly grew on them. My only nitpick is that they let an abuser walk so Rusty could be safe from harm. Overall I liked the direction of the season and looking out for what's to come.moreless