ABC Renews S.H.I.E.L.D., Once Upon a Time, The Goldbergs, and 11 More (UPDATED)

By Kaitlin Thomas

May 09, 2014

If you're keeping score of ABC's schedule at home (or via our handy renewal/cancellation clickatron), you might want crack open a Mountain Dew, because this list is a long one and you're going to need the sugar. 

Ready? 

Returning next season will be: The Goldbergs for Season 2, Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. for Season 2, Resurrection for Season 2, Once Upon a Time for Season 4, Scandal for Season 4, Revenge for Season 4, Modern Family for Season 6, The Middle for Season 6, and Castle for Season 7. Oh, and network veteran Grey's Anatomy, which will be back for Season 11, its first without Sandra Oh's Cristina Yang. 

Additionally, Dancing With the Stars will be back for Season 19 because it will exist until we run out of B-, C-, and D-list celebrities to cast, Shark Tank will be back for Season 6, The Bachelor will be back for Season 19, and America's Funniest Home Videos will be back for Season 25.

Sadly, ABC has canceled Trophy Wife, along with The Neighbors and Mixology.

There is still no word on the fates of Nashville, Betrayal, Killer WomenLast Man StandingSuburgatoryBlack Boxor Super Fun Night

ABC has also ordered several new series, including Shonda Rhimes' How to Get Away With MurderAmerican Crime, Marvel's Agent Carter, The Whispers (starring Revenge's Barry Sloane! Bye bye Aiden!), the fairy-tale musical Galavant, and more.

thekaitling:list:which-abc-renewal-are-you-most-excited-about/

Check the Status of Your Favorite Shows:
What's Renewed, What's Canceled, and What's Still In Between?

• Comments (106)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • brittanytherrien Jul 26, 2014

I really enjoyed Black Box damn it.

• Huglyone May 14, 2014

Grey's Anatomy really ??? 10 Season's its not enough ????
    Dam Soap Operas , and now we have a new one disguised as comedy , i'm fed up with Shonda Rimes ...
    Instead of investing in new TV shows and writers , they invest in one that does always the same thing and same story lines ...

• KnoX May 12, 2014

suburgatory... seriously?

• NasimAbbas May 12, 2014

I was waiting for some news about Agents of shield and castle. Thank God they are coming back for next season.

• WildPict May 12, 2014

I'm so excited SHIELD will have another season! And Agent Carter sounds awesome!

• totomomo182 May 11, 2014

I can not believe The stupid Shield show is renewed

• Jaykeson May 11, 2014

Good to see The Middle get renewed, I have been a fan since the beginning.
    After some sad news this year (Raising Hope getting cancelled), I am glad that I still have at least one fave comedy returning.
    My parents will probably like the fact that Modern Family is returning (as they watch it every week and even buy the DVDs), although my sister and I have never been a fan of it and we think it is too overhyped.

• NightRaV3N May 11, 2014

Thank god they didn't cancel Agents of shield.. honestly it WAS boring at first because it wasnt the exact show expected when they announced it..but after the events with HYDRA thing turned out to be more exciting.. !!!

• ionee24 May 10, 2014

YES!!! Coulson lives!

And HYDRA, and Maria Hill, and Fitz-Simmons, and Darth Ward and Sky-SkyWalker too!!!

Thank you so much!!!

• Svanehjerte May 09, 2014

A lot of good news, but I will miss Suburgatory and Super Fun Night. I would have kept those and killed Grey's Anatomy instead.

• ionee24 May 10, 2014

I would've killed Grey's two seasons before Private Practice series finale!

• See More Comments (71)