S.H.I.E.L.D. Casts Friday Night Lights'Adrianne Palicki as a Major Marvel Character

By KateStanhope

Aug 19, 2014

Marvel forever?

Former Friday Night Lights star Adrianne Palicki, who famously played the title character in NBC's failed 2011 Wonder Woman pilot, has been cast on Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. as Marvel superspy Bobbi Morse, TV.com has confirmed.

As first reported by The Hollywood Reporter, Morse—a.k.a Mockingbird—will appear in the fifth episode of Season 2, with the potential to return later on.

Mockingbird's possible appearance was first teased at Comic-Con in July. Palicki joins previously announced guest stars Kyle MacLachlan, Lucy Lawless, and Whedonverse vet Reed Diamond (Dollhouse). 

Palicki most recently recurred on NBC's About a Boy, also from FNL creator Jason Katims.

What do you think, S.H.I.E.L.D. fans? Will Palicki will make a good Mockingbird?

TV.com's 2014 Fall Preview: 
New Shows, Network Schedules, Trailers, and More

• Comments (21)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • Apocalypse___ Aug 22, 2014

I’m definitely all for Adrianne Palicki playing Mockingbird on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Right now it certainly looks like the second season of AOS is going to be a big step up from the first season.

• FoxZerro Aug 20, 2014

Considering when I saw "Adrianne Palicki" and "major Marvel role" in the same sentence my mine jumped to the conclusion that she would be Mockingbird... I'd say she's the perfect choice for the role.

Unfortunately, this means that the GI Joe crossover I was always secretly hoping for will never ever ever ever be happening

• dh4645 Aug 20, 2014

nice, she is FINE! FNL is still on my netflix watch list. just havent gotten to it.

• antmorris3511 Aug 20, 2014

Bobby Who?!!

Major Marvel Character?

• Sanity_Bleeds Aug 20, 2014

Major in proportion to Marvel TV characters, but non-existant in proportion to Marvel Movie characters.

• Talesin23 Aug 20, 2014

Mockingbird, more known for being Hawkeyes wife specifically created for west coast avengers back in the days.
    She died during that stint, but was recently retconned and brought back to life.

• antmorris3511 Aug 20, 2014

That explains it. I never read WCA but I also never gave a damn about Hawkeye.

• dh4645 Aug 20, 2014

SPOILERS! hah

• TomWayne Aug 20, 2014

@Kaitlin, in this same vein, if they ever added Clay Quartermain, who do you think should get the role?

Palicki should do well here, as long as they don't go too over-the-top with the suit (but at least make it distinctive, producers--I felt the "suit" for Hawkeye was a bit of a letdown in the Avengers film (especially after Cap asked Clint if he had one--a quiver does not make a suit, just ask Roy Harper).

• TomWayne Aug 20, 2014

@Kate (and anyone else) feel free to chime in of course--I just thought I'd ask Kaitlin her opinion since she writes the reviews.

• daeonica Aug 20, 2014

Now that I think about it she could be really good. Even better if they give the character a quirky sense of humour.

• stevemac800 Aug 20, 2014

awesome

• KevinG87 Aug 20, 2014

not sure if I can see her as Mockingbird but I like her enough. wonder if Disney/Marvel cast because she's done movies and if they ever want to use Mockingbird in an Avengers movie because her history with Hawkeye, then it wouldn't be such a stretch.

• ionee24 Aug 20, 2014

I can see her as Mockingbird more than I could see her as Wonder Woman, that's for sure.

• Mate Aug 19, 2014

She was great in About a Boy. And she seems like a great fit in an action role. I have no idea who Mockingbird is though.

• JackSaat Aug 20, 2014

Here is all you need to know: http://marvel.com/universe/Mockingbird

• JackSaat Aug 20, 2014

This comment has been removed.

• See More Comments (1)