M.A.S.K.

Show Reviews (11)

Great

Awsome Show!! I had the Three Wheeler with the Flaps that open with the Lever hahahahhhahaa

By XCRITICALX, Mar 10, 2011

I actually had the 3 wheeler with the front that has the lever to pull and open up the wings like the red car that flys. I had all the stickers, i cant really remember any episodes, but i do know i did in fact love it when i was young. all i can remember is the red car that flys and there was a father and sone thing going on in the team. that show was awsome and i wish i could find it on dvd for keep sake. anyone have any idea where i can find it?

Thanks,

Sean D, Fremont Ca.moreless

One of the best and most underrated cartoon of the 80's and one of my all-time favourites.

By the_agony_scene, Mar 10, 2011

A mixture of Transformers and GI Joe, MASK was thoroughly entertaining to watch. Each episode featured a plot by Miles Mayhem and VENOM to take over the world, steal valuable treasures or commit acts of terrorism. MASK leader Matt Trakker would then call in other MASK agents from their every-day civillian jobs and with the aid of their advanced combat vehichles and masks that shoot lasers or allow the abillity to phase, thwart VENOM's plans.

The animation in most episodes ranged from well animated to poorly animated, but this 80's classic remains my all-time favourite. Everytime i hear the MASK theme, i get a huge tweak of nostalgia, even from the days when i was a wide-eyed 5-year old watching Thunderhawk take off or Bruce Sato use his Lifter mask. They don't make them like this anymore!

I was lucky to purchase the first 38 episodes of Season 1 on DVD recently, and the nostalgia is flooding back. Roll on volume 2!moreless

Secret team of specialists use special vehicles that convert to another vehicle.

By Rattrap007, Nov 09, 2006

I've rediscovered this fantastic series. It was a good original idea. Some early 80s cartoons were horrible (I'm looking at you He-Man). They relied on constant stock footage and reusing the same animation. That or the acting was bland (He-Man again). MASK was different and a cool concept.

A group of individuals fight an evil terrorist organization know as VENOM. The group have regular day jobs (GI Joes did not). But at any moment they may be called into action. They drop what ever they are doing (making a pizza, fixing a car, in a meeting, etc) and just leave to stop the bad guys. They use helmets with special powers that can do things like make a hologram or shoot fire. They all drive different vehicles that can turn into a new vehicle. The Thunderhawk turned from a car to a plane, a motorbike turned into a helicopter.

The show was well acted and had good toys that actually looked like the show. What you saw on the show was what you got in the toy.

I'd love to see them revamp this classic toy and remake a new version of it.moreless

It was a pretty good show.

By The_Philster, Sep 03, 2006

I found my old videotapes of it a few months ago and have been transferring it to DVD. It's the first time I've seen the shows in years and they're just as good now as they were back then. I'm loving getting to watch how the episodes unfold by watching them in order. This site has been a big help with that. The episode lists with descriptions (some of which need more detail) are a pretty valuable tool. I'm still not the biggest fan of the racing series. There's just something wrong with the idea of the villians knowing the identities of MASK agents.moreless

A very cool animated show.

By sfviewer, Aug 13, 2006

MASK is perhaps one of the best TV shows during the 1980s. The concept is so original and the premise is so exciting. The plotline are so engaging. It's a battle between good and evil. The good thing in this show is that they manage to go into the confrontation and nobody dies at the end. i guess that should be good for an animated show since kids watch them. MASK has a very good storyline, the car theme is excellent, that being a big part of the show instead of the automobiles just being set pieces. This is one cool show.moreless

Great 80's Cartoon

By Miroku1015, May 21, 2006

My brother and I had almost all the toys and watched the show religously. A much forgotten show from the 80's. I loved my He-Man but this one was right up there with a favorite of mine. The theme song was always cool as well. Bring it to DVD and I'll be happy!

A little of GIJOE, a little of Transformers and you get MASK

By bonefactory, May 14, 2006

As a child in the 80's I grew up with the shows that required talent in creating. MASK, Transformers and GIJOES being good examples. MASK and other 80's cartoons required talent and could keep a child busy... MASK was a little known show but i loved it so much because it mixed the two biggest 80's cartoons (Transformers/GIJOES) into one great show. You had your heroes and villains wearing masks, fighting in vehicles like GIJOES. Then you had your transforming vehicles like in Transformers. This show stands as my favourite ever, it is a huge part of my childhood and once i sat in front of the TV to watch, nothing could pull me away. If you liked 80's cartoons and by some odd miracle see MASK in your local video store, rent it if you liked 80's cartoons..moreless

BRING IT BACK!! it was awsome these days all kids would love it its like Gi Joe Sigma Six it would be more appreciated today then it was back in the 80s

By supermario1, Mar 22, 2006

M.A.S.K is with out a shadow of a doubt the greatest show i ever watched as a kid every body would like it if it ever comes back which i hope it does it would probably get more attention these days it was ahead of its time in the 80s

Underrated mid-1980s cartoon that got lost amid some of the more popular animated series of the time.

By 80sfreak, Sep 18, 2005

M.A.S.K. was a really cool mid-80s cartoon that probably suffered from the competition of Transformers, G.I. Joe, Thundercats, etc. It certainly had major similarities to those shows, but they all were similar to each other at some point. One of the best things I will always remember about M.A.S.K. was its music - it had hands-down the best music and theme song of all the major 80s cartoons. It was very synthesizer-heavy and sometimes sounded like music you would hear in a movie, not a cartoon.

M.A.S.K., or Mobilized Armored Strike Kommand, is the secret organization run by Matt Trakker that seeks to stop the bad guys known as VENOM and led by Miles Mayhem from doing whatever naughty deeds they are up to. The agents in both M.A.S.K. and VENOM have these specialized masks that can do all sorts of tricks and attacks. Sometimes they fight each other using their masks, but more often than not they fight using their own specialized vehicles. Both M.A.S.K and VENOM's agents all have a primary vehicle that can transform into a secondary vehicle, like a helicopter turning into a jet, or a motorcycle turning into a helicopter.

Unlike some other cartoons, the good guys in M.A.S.K. don't make a primary career out of their secrent agent statuses or spend all their time together. Instead, their roles in M.A.S.K. are more like always on-call part-time jobs. They each live their separate civilian lives across the country and show up for duty whenever called upon by Matt Trakker through their special wristwatches.

Similar to G.I. Joe, it usually had some sort of brief moral or safety message aimed at kids at the end of each episode, involving Matt's son Scott and his robot guardian/friend T-Bob. This series certainly had the coolest vehicles and the best music of all the 80s cartoons, plus the toys were awesome. Unfortunately its characters weren't as interesting or memorable as the other cartoons, and seemed to rely too much on the masks and vehicles. But it was still fun to watch.moreless

Load More Reviews