Blood on the Tracks

Episode Reviews (3)

Superb

RIP Joes mom.

By sherriesim, May 20, 2014

RIP Joes mom. Joes mom dies of brain cancer, and Allison has to admit that she lied to her about her going to live to see Bridgettes graduation.

While Allison dreams that a homeless man is responsible for the death of a man who was pushed under an on-coming train, she must also help Joe deal with a crushing blow concerning his mother.

By Lady_Lancaster, Sep 25, 2011

The interesting (and I think good) thing about this episode was that the multiple murders being investigated by Lee and Allison took very much second place to the news that Joe's mother had stage four brain cancer and didn't have long to live. Kathy Baker, as usual, did a great job playing Joe's mum but I think it was pretty obvious from her previous appearance on the show that she was going to die.

One of the unfortunate aspects was that Ariel didn't return for the episode which probably means that we won't see her anymore, given that there are only three more to go. That's a shame. Perhaps she will come back for the last episode?

I was wondering where Joe's sister was during all the drama surrounding his mother's illness as I know that he has one given that her up-coming wedding was mentioned in a previous episode.

It was sad indeed but after Marjorie's death, her conversation with Allison about the 'darkness to come' was obviously a very good way to end the episode. By this stage, the writers obviously knew that they had to wrap everything up early so just a bit will have to be crammed into these last three episodes.

This one was highly enjoyable and, most importantly, it left the audience wanting more and waiting patiently (or perhaps impatiently) to see what is to come.

Great work by the actors and a terrific job by the make-up department on Kathy Baker as well. Very good episode indeed. If you haven't watched it, you should!moreless