The Judge

Episode Reviews (5)

Great

Not bad.

By farscapefanuk, Apr 17, 2007

This was really just an avergae episode. It was quite good for most parts but the ending was a little rushed and unplanned. This episode really is about a man who calls himelf the Judge, anyway he gets released prisoners to carry out his justice sentences. Obviously these men are killers so they have no trouble doing what the judge asks. Until one gets careless and leaves a trail. Frank soon works out that a person is responisble (the Judege) but they do not have enough evidence to convict the Judge so he is released but is killed by one of the prisoners and is put into a stable and is eaten by hungry pigs, nice.

Anyway this was quire a good episode, it showed us a few more charactors and we learned a little mroe that people are sceptical about Franks 'gift'.moreless

Pretty good but something goes wrong...

By archangelcory16, Apr 14, 2007

I don't really know where to begin this review because the episode leaves me feeling confused. It's mostly a good episode with an excellent beginning but it then falls apart for a while, leaving the viewer somewhat uninterested and wishing the episode was over. Then it delivers a few sporadic good scenes amongst the average ones, and then has a good (and dark) ending.

A man called The Judge is behind the cases of several murders, involving dismemberment. He is acting through a couple of young men. When he passes judgment on someone he orders the others carry them out. The Judge is arrested and taken into custody but eventually gets out, only to be killed by Bardale, who has been working for The Judge. Bardale sees The Judge as weak and nothing more than a pig. As he's taken away at the end of the episode, we see The Judge's body half-buried in the hog pen.moreless

Frank Black comes up against a man calling himself Judge, who uses others to deal out his idea of justice...

By Oh_Dae_Su, Sep 02, 2006

This one was definetly the most enjoyable since the pilot, though still nowhere near as good. The storyline really interested me, as did the Judge character, played by an actor I recognise from The X-Files episode "Fallen Angel". There were also some pretty neat effects, especially the cut-out tongue in the teaser.

I wish they would use Frank Black's family more though. The scenes of him and his wife are always good, despite being so few in number and far between. The ending was an odd one too, as I was expecting more screen time between the Judge and Frank, and like previous episodes, the story seemed to come to a premature end.

Still, I really liked this episode overall. Now please let there be more great ones!moreless

Kill the sinners.

By SleepTight, Jun 26, 2006

‘The Judge’ is an interesting episode that doesn’t quite use the potential it has.

The teaser is excellent where a guy is looking at a man eating and later we see a woman receiving a tongue, probably from the eating man.

The problem with the episode is that it’s not quite up there, you loose your interesting somewhere in the middle of the episode. I did enjoy the ending and that the second guy killed his boss and fed him to the pigs.

The darkness is still quite up there, it’s still disturbing but can be better.

At the end of the episode you feel like nothing really happened, and that’s the problem of the episode. None of the characters developed and there wasn’t much depth except some guy killing others, some foot hacking and everything.

‘The Judge’ is a good episode but it’s not a big ‘hit’, at the end of it, it’s still like nothing happened and that makes it unmemorable.

moreless