Minoriteam

Show Reviews (17)

Fair
6.2

The show has the right idea but its a bit corny at much.

By McBanka, Nov 10, 2007

Wow. Just wow. This show is what you would typically find in any adult swim show but its lacking that aqua teen hunger force like personality or the insanely creative thinking of the squidbillies. The characters are all minorities except there missing an arab. I don't like the 4 evil leaders of that white supramist organization. They would be better off left as humans. The plots are well pretty much well thought. The animation is really awful. I mean its done in that comic book format but still it looks so ugly at the same time. In conclusion this show really needs to be redone. This version is just terrible.moreless

Its barely watchable.

By SoylentYellow, Dec 13, 2006

Its pretty clear its using racial stereotypes of minorities to paint white people as evil. I think thats why it turns alot of people off. While at the same time ticking off minorities because they use stereotypes like the Chinese guy with laundromat or Mexican with a leafblower.

The only really funny episode was the one one where they split up and went back in time and one group gave Civil War Confederate soldiers M-16 machine guns and another group showed up with the Ark of the Covenant and gave it to the Union to defeat the South in a scene stolen out of INDIANA JONES.

Hasnt been on in months and I dont miss it at all. I could take it or leave it most of the time.moreless

this show is very bornig and i can't nerly get it

By littlekid172, Sep 11, 2006

this show is very bornig i can't get it at all this show is very very bad and why do they use comic animatshon this show very bad i can a better show then this i don't get it at all i mean what just happen this show is a 2 defenle but i din'ent give a 1 because its going to take a very bad show to get a 1 and this show is close well thats my review bye.moreless

Minoriteam... what a show. I can't believe that I'm watching it, it may be the worst show I've ever seen, though, this is what makes it worth watching. When I say it for the first time, I couldn't believe it, and whenever I see that its on, I watch.

By mgreen789, Jun 25, 2006

I don't know if I would ever recommend this show, but it is interesting, I'll atleast say that.

Pokes fun at racism and at the often naive or clumsy responses to racism, and shows an attempt to understand the complexities and absurdities of racism which many Americans don't seem to get. Comments on this board show why a show like this is needed.

By eskaty, May 22, 2006

Along with movies like Blazing Saddles, Minoriteam is one of very few American comedies that confronts racism head-on. Because Blazing Saddles was written by Mel Brooks and Richard Pryor, it is by far the superior (and funnier) work. Blazing Saddles is true social satire. Minoriteam is not. In fact, some of the most amusing moments in Minoriteam occur when the show spoofs superhero cartoons of the 60s.

Still, Minoriteam is one of few shows taking on the subject of racism in a time when Americans are trying to pretend that racism does not exist, even as its effects are undermining every effort to make American society live up to its paper promises. Sadly (as some of the comments on this board prove), racism is so deeply ingrained in the American psyche that those who think this show is biased against whites cannot express that belief without insulting non-whites.

Case in point: After complaining that Minoriteam was "racist tv against white people," Spardeous cited the DOJ statistics on black violence. Clearly, the citation didn't prove his/her original premise, rather, it was meant to "prove" that blacks were somehow morally inferior to whites. Reality check--urban poverty and violence go hand-in-hand. That's really all those statistics tell you. So, those of us who are capable of critical thought should avoid drawing any unwarranted conclusions. Everyone else, well, they're the ones Minoriteam is making fun of, aren't they?

One more thing: For those who have said that this show is "racist against whites," let's just clarify something: the term "racism" means either a belief that there are differences among the races that render one superior to another, or a set of discriminatory practices based on race (institutionalized manifestations of racist belief that create societal and legal definitions of and obstacles to members of the disfavored so-called "races"). Minoriteam does not suggest that non-whites are superior to whites, nor does it espouse discrimination against whites. Rather, it exaggerates and exploits American racist stereotypes, standards, and practices--like the corporate ladder, the standardized test, the model minority, and middle-manager syndrome--for the sake of absurdist comedy. Because American racism is, of course, aimed at non-whites, attacks on racism might seem to be aimed at whites—but, obviously, such a belief is based on backward reasoning. We need to get over this misconception so that a real dialog about racism can finally take place. Thus endeth the sociology lesson.

In conclusion, Minoriteam is hardly the best TV program I've ever seen, and I don't watch it very often. But it's one of very few shows that discusses racism without simply censuring white America or promoting a touchy-feely agenda. It ridicules racist beliefs and practices as well as some of the overly simplistic, band-aid remedies America throws at the problem. The funny thing is, Minoriteam isn't even about race half the time. And even when it is, it's POV isn't particularly liberal. Often, it doesn't seem to have any opinion at all. It offers no solutions ... but then, in the 50 years since American has attempted to address institutionalized racism, we have been unable to cleanse this country of racism or racists. Sometimes the best you can do is bring a problem to light and hope one of the world's great minds can take it from there.

Anyway, like much social satire, Minoriteam isn't usually laugh-out-loud funny, but it's sometimes surprisingly brilliant.

moreless

It was alright, I don\'t see what everyone thinks about it being racist.

By Super_Orbit, May 13, 2006

Well, I watched one episode, And Justice For Some, and was mildly entertained by it. Which I\'m guessing that goes for every episode.

The show is about 5 superheroes, Dr. Wang, Fasto, El Effe, Jewcano, and Nonstop, who use their steriotypes to defeat the evil and racist White Shadow.

The show was okay, it definately was not The Boondocks, but I think it deserves a couple of other seasons. Not too many, though. 3 or 4. That sound good? Good. Now...

The most postmodern show on television

By iwsfutcmd, May 09, 2006

Ah, Minoriteam. It\'s tucked in a funny timeslot, making it very difficult to record with your tivo. Filled to the brim with self reference, meaning within meaning within meaning, dadaist absurdism. If you think this show is attacking minority stereotypes, look deeper. This isn\'t a public service announcement or a very special episode. If you think this show is racist against white people, look WAY deeper. Trust me, I\'m half white.

Laugh! It\'s funny! But it\'s absurdly funny. Don\'t laugh at the jokes, laugh at the delivery. If you find yourself laughing at the jokes (or offended by them), look deeper.

moreless

Now what would people say if this was a Team of Whites humoring off of minorities ways?

By Livinlifex, May 08, 2006

This show does not offend me, but for the ignoramous who stated that this show represents White America, you need to open your eyes and realize that this show has NOTHING to with the way real life is. Frankly if you base your opinions on us whites off this show, you truly need to surface from your hole. My only opinion is imagine if this show was made about whites combating minorities? IMAGINE the reaction! Now, when someone of White ethnics may claim to be offended by this show, they are the racist one? Too funny! Anyway, if people of mild open minded nature watch this show, it can be amusing, yet I find it kind of dry.moreless

Exposes white America.

By ILDUCE56, Apr 03, 2006

Man this show is great. It really shows how lame white America is. Full of Ignorant,Dull, greedy people who hold the rest down. But in the end its just Comedy.I also love how white people are reacting to It. Thats just how you would expect them to react. Thats the great thing about shows like these. Seriously if you are offended by this show you really need to lighten up. I guess Most white people can\'t take a joke when it is directed at them. That just shows how much america is changing. Shows like these would have never survived in the 1950s.moreless

Load More Reviews