Misfits

Show Reviews (31)

Great

Not sure if I should continue watching?

By Old_Mr_Scratch, Jan 21, 2014

I started watching Misfits a few weeks ago and really loved the show, it's a little formulaic at times but the writing is solid and the characters are great. That is, until I finished season 2. Nathan leaving has been a big let down since his arc seemed to the show's arc: growing in maturity and responsibility. I keep expecting him to pop back up, but I see now he's gone for good. I could get over that (despite the terrible way he just met a girl and left in the end) but I'm having a real hard time getting over how bad season 3 has been so far. I don't want to spoil anything but the whole power-switch is TERRIBLE!!!

I've been trying to get through season 3 in the hopes of season 4 being more like seasons 1 & 2, but I don't know if I'll be able to make it... The episode where Curtis runs track again was horrendous, and the following episodes haven't been better. Just wondering if I should stick with it?

I'd give the first 2 season an 8.5 - 9

Season 3 has been a 2.5 at best

moreless

Yet another entertaining series from Hulu

By RobinHernande1, Dec 11, 2013

I only recently started watching this show, currently just started season 2. Surprisingly entertaining though I'm not sure why it was classified as a comedy. I would call it more sci-fi than comedy. Regardless of its category, it is a great series and I highly recommend it.

Why does Misfits think sexual assault is funny?

By amde, Nov 18, 2013

The character Rudy is played very much for laughs and the actor is quite talented. One has to wonder why he would involve himself in a script which shows him trying to rape and sexually assault women, week after week. First when Curtis was a woman and clearly incapable of consenting, not to mention calling him a different name, we found him performing oral sex on him. Next, he offered to throw a "sleepy f***" at a stranger. When informed this was rape, he stated - in a humorous fashion - that this was a grey area. Finally, he assaults a blind girl by lying to her and telling her he is wearing a condom. Apparently it's amusing that he put used clingfilm used on a dog bowl plus an elastic band inside a disabled woman. But after all, she was a racist, so she was fair game, right? I'm afraid I don't plan to watch past this episode, enough is enough. Whoever is writing these scripts has some serious sexism issues and should seek help. And the actor playing Rudy should seriously consider whether he thinks having a steady job is worth trivialising and mocking the sexual assault of women.moreless

One of the greatest shows ever!

By KungFuFighting2, Oct 05, 2013

I realized that this is the only show where I like every single character. It's funny and lovable!

Season three super let down!

By sjungdahl, May 09, 2013

When I noticed the Nathan character was gone in the first episode I was worried that the same problem has come up that seems to plague British TV, loss of talent. The first episode however introduced Rudy who, although sometimes hard to understand accent, was funny. I enjoyed it, but that was to be short lived. The episode following and the one following that were not funny at all, much more of a drama. Well, we have lots of shows like that and in that genre Misfits doesn't compete.

I started watching it on Hulu. I watched back to back episodes of the first two seasons. One of the best TV series I've seen. Now it's just one of those shows and not even a good one at that. WHAT A SHAME!!moreless

I want Nathan back

By janamackova56, Feb 17, 2013

Why Nathan(Robert Sheehan)left the series ? He was the best and the most beautiful and when he left it I want to stop watch this series but I thought that he came back but he didnt. He was perfect. And now all are out and I want Nathan and other which are in first set back. It was great until Nathan left series.

I want the Originals Back!

By bigmommaz, Feb 01, 2013

Its a great show but it really ruined it for me when they killed off Alicia and now Simon is gone. I even liked Nathan. I'll still watch the show but I definitly wont be too concerned if I miss an episode. Now.... If they brought them all back. I wouldn't miss it.

I normally love a show for everything even the somewhat bad, but Season 4 was just blah

By CharmedOneP391, Jan 20, 2013

This show used to be close to a 10. I'm normally not one to bitch about my shows' quality slipping, because it's usually more gradual, but Season 4 of Misfits really just blew all hell. It had no emotion to it like normal, the new characters weren't really introduced properly, they killed off the only remaining ties we as an audience had to the Pilot episode, leaving Rudy the only true character that can bridge a gap between the first "generation" of Misfits leaving us with a new cast, which is okay, only there's no true empathic connection within the characters anymore and that's what seemed to be really missing from Season 4's writing, that and the lack of power usage, this is a show about 20 somethings with powers.

The only characters I care about are Rudy and the new girl Jess, I thought they should've utilized her character way more during the show.

Anyway, Seasons 1-3 are gold, definitely worth watching. By then as a fan you're probably going to watch Season 4 anyway, and it was okay, just horrible compared to the masterpiece that was the first 3 Seasons. But be back for Season 5 if it's renewed.moreless

Lovely!

By TheNotSoSC, Jan 14, 2013

This show is raunchy, beautiful, original, hilarious, and gritty all at the same time. It's great how a series can grasp all these elements and combine them to work collectively. Having watched the first two series (some of three but I heard Alisha dies so I stopped watching half way through), it had great character development and really fleshed out each character to make them as realistic as it gets. The writing is good and the acting even better. I see some up and coming stars on the rise.

I like how in the first and second series the message was that not every superpower is a gift. Sometimes it's a curse. This can be compared to real life situations. Each of us have a skill or talent that we are exceptionally great at, but this talent isn't always particularly a good thing. With Alisha's first power and Nathan's immortality, those may at first seem like great assets to have but in the long run, they're not. Immortality? An immunity of death but a suffering in life. Not every good thing about us is constantly good. That's what sets this show from others, it could have went with a cliche and unoriginal story line that replaced the basis of powers with normal abilities, but instead it included powers and left a hidden message that, for some, is sort of intriguing.moreless

Load More Reviews