Mister Ed

Show Reviews (6)

Great

I love Mr. Ed

By marthalykens, Feb 12, 2013

I still watch Mr. Ed early weekday mornings at 6:30 . I watched him when I was growing up and I still enjoy watching him. He makes me laugh and brings back a lot of good memories.

Loved it then, and I still love it now.

By xGowronx, Jul 13, 2010

Who would ever think that a comedy about a talking horse would hold up after all this time ... well it has.

I grew up watching repeats of Mister Ed, and absolutely adored the show. Surprisingly I still do! While some of it will seem abit silly and dated, it is still an all around highly entertaining show. Just keep in mind that this was originally a childrens series, so it may not appeal to some. But if you are looking for a wholesome, funny, and sweet show to watch with your kids, then Mister Ed is definitely it.moreless

A horse is a horse, of course of course!

By bookwormyay342, Nov 11, 2007

Yer funny, a great show. I haven't seen a ton of it, but it is one of my favorite shows. I liked all the characters, but Ed and Wilbur were my favorite. With a beautiful talking palomino horse as Ed, where could anything go wrong. Though lately i have been reading a fair amount of it and things didn't go all that smoothly: first of all they had to get the horse to talk, mustard is to messy so they resorted to a string in his mouth, and when ever Ed's trainer tugged the string lightly Ed was supposed to "talk" didn't always respond. But they still succeeded. Other than that the show was still a success and is now still remembered today.moreless

I like Mister Ed. I have been watching it since it was replayed. I like Carol Post played by Connie Hines because she was one of my favorite characters in the show.

By matthew_trompf, Oct 09, 2006

One of the most successful of the numerous 1960's nonsensical sitcoms was this one about a talking horse. Ed belonged to Wilbur Post, a young architect who had decided to move out of the city to get a little closer to nature.

For years the main characters have remained in the story. Others came and went sometimes for short periods and sometimes for many episodes. They helped to make the story more exciting.

Some of the main characters were Gordon Kirkwood, Wilbur Post, Carol Post, Roger Addison, Kay Addison, Winnie Kirkwood and Mister Ed.

Each episode is a story on its own but it forms part of the whole story.moreless

Mister Ed is a genius comedy!

By KCCopperhead, Jul 09, 2005

I love this show so much and have the first DVD boxed set. A girlfriend in college said she hated the show and I could never understand why, since it is so funny!

On the first volume is one of my favorite episodes where Ed gets an Abraham Lincoln complex and frees not only a caged bird meant as a gift for Kay, but a whole aviary. All of the birds wind up in Addison's house and drive him stark raving nuts. The other actor who comes after Addison's character leaves the set is hilarious too. Everyone thinks that Wilbur is nuts, but he isn't! And the fun thing is only Wilbur and Ed knowing about their hilarious and often devious conversations. I love Ed's dancing and singing, and occasional defiance toward Wilbur. Even though it's an old show, it still casts a magical spell over me. I'm not an animal lover, but I can imagine it's super precious to people who love animals and consider them part of the family.moreless