ABC Renews Mistresses for Season 2 OMG

By Tim Surette

Sep 25, 2013

Everyone's favorite trashy summer series will be back for a second season. That's right, Mistresses, the ABC soap starring Alyssa Milano, will be back next year, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Apparently, the show was was the number-two scripted network drama of the summer behind Under the Dome, which just goes to show you how amazing of a season summer is for television. 

Mistresses left literally dozens of viewers hanging by a thread with a Season 1 finale that was bloated with awesome and full of insane, unresolved cliffhangers. Now we'll finally find out whether Milano's character Savi survived her terrible merge onto the freeway in her sweet ride, we'll see how her white husband reacts to her half-black baby (oopsie!), and we'll learn whether Yunjin Kim's character was shot by a crazy Penelope Ann Miller. What we will never know, however, is what possessed me to watch the Season 1 finale a few weeks ago even though I hadn't ever seen the show before. I blame my friends Tana and Jess. 

• Comments (29)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • pastorkanigan Jan 06, 2014

• ark1317 Nov 27, 2013

The Finale aired in Italy yesterday... I love the show and am so pleased to know it's been renewed!

• ashleyrobinson338211 Nov 22, 2013

Tam dom

• crazedtvhead91 Sep 27, 2013

i wasnt pleased to hear this because my friends watched it and loved it and wanted me to watch it too and now I will have no excuse to give them as to why I didnt since it got picked up for a second season. Damn you ABC. jk, I love you, you gave me 'Scandal'.

• bleumystique Sep 26, 2013

I'm shocked that this got picked up for another season. I watched it, just knowing that it was just something that would be on for the summer and quietly disappear off air. I had zero expectations. But, hey, kudos to them. I guess I'll watch again next season, while denying that I watch it if anyone ever asks me.

• mdoz34 Sep 26, 2013

i never realized this was a series or anything, though i imagine i ignored it when it was mentioned because of the stupidity of its name.

• shocker713 Sep 26, 2013

Summer is actually pretty good for television, you just have to go to cable to find it.

• MarlboroMagpi Sep 26, 2013

This show is one of my guilty watch just like watching big brother. It is not fantastic story wise and the plot is not very intelligent BUT the cast is great and its very entertaining just like big brother. I think it is great they put it on during summer and very glad it is renewed for season 2.

By the way, I find Devious Maids (DM) even more interesting,entertaining and funnier than Mistress. It is such a pity that it is not on ABC where it was originally suppose to be. DM is really like Desperate Housewives (DH) part 2. It is produced by the same creator and one of the big star from DH. The plot, feel and mood of the show has much similarities to DH. I guess maybe ABC decided they do not want more DH but many fans who like DH should like DM as well. DM is also renewed for season 2.

• Kameleon Sep 26, 2013

I uh... Like... Yeah... I kinda, sort of, w-atch-ed it? Yeah, I did. I did watch it.
    Okay, yeah, that's out. I said it out loud. And uh... I'll probably tune in next summer as well.
    Yeah. That's right. I said that too. Gosh, it's hard to admit all this...

• janetvaughn904 Sep 26, 2013

Absolutely LOVE this show!!! Plot is captivating & moves quickly....I might be the show 's number 1 fan!!!

• See More Comments (12)