TNT Bumps Off Mob City

By Kaitlin Thomas

Feb 11, 2014

If you're one of the few who watched Frank Darabont's Mob City last December and were hoping to find out what happened after that big cliffhanger, then I'm sorry to report that TNT has opted not to order any more episodes of the noir drama. If you didn't watch it and don't care, well, it's still canceled. 

The series, based on John Buntin's book L.A. Noir, was originally ordered as a three-week limited event series, and given its low ratings—an opening audience of 2.3 million viewers decreased to 1.35 million in the third and final week—this news isn't particularly surprising. The 1940s-set drama starred The Walking Dead's Jon Berenthal as well as Ed Burns, Milo Ventimiglia, and Neal McDonough, and explored the LAPD's pursuit of the mob. 

Will you miss Mob City?

• Comments (79)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • JackHelliwell Mar 03, 2014

There needs to be a season 2 step up

• JackHelliwell Mar 03, 2014

Best show on tv what a joke tnt

• SoulDig Feb 25, 2014

UPDATE: Just finished watching Mob City and I gotta' say "Pretty Good Indeed"! I join the others who are sorry to see it go... Damn :-(

• SoulDig Feb 24, 2014

I'm actually just getting around to watching the series (The Few That Aired). I recorded it on DVR. My opinion of the show is on the side of what seems to be the "general consensus" of my fellow TV.com critics and that is, although I'm not surprised it got cancelled, Mob City was not as bad as some have made it out to be. It wasn't the greatest, but I enjoyed what little I did see!

• averysays Feb 21, 2014

It really sucked. It was plagued by implausibilities, goofs, poor acting, shallow characters, and really horrible dialog.

• Special-K99 Feb 12, 2014

Aww! Not quite Boardwalk Empire, but still pretty good. Am sorry to see this go :-(

• eu332 Feb 11, 2014

GOOD DAMNIT ! I was liking this show; I was liking it hard and wide !
    Same fate as Last Resort ... I`m so sad right now :(

• Mate Feb 11, 2014

It really was just unbelievably boring. I didn't make it past the first half of the 3rd episode.

• MarlboroMagpi Feb 11, 2014

This was actually one of my favorite series that I even wrote a review here on TV.com about it. I was really hoping for a second season. With Boardwalk empire ending, we have no shows about the mob on TV anymore.

You would think network would want to do something different to cater to different audience. They are already 1000 cops and vampire shows, can we not just have 1 mob show?

I have nothing to watch from the genre that I really liked !

• haldrey Feb 11, 2014

I love old period dramas such as the 1500 to 1800 old world, the WW II period dramas and the 1920 to 1950 USA prohibition and mob dramas. So this show was a must watch for me but even if the story and actors were good it lacked something. Probably it was too slow and sometime lame, A two hours special would be good to give it closure.

• See More Comments (44)