Manny Get Your Gun

Mediocre
5.7

Halerious

By modernfamily12, Oct 23, 2012

One of the most memorable.

Hard the choose best bit.I liked Gloria shooting the island and the near car accident and Mitch's flash mob.

30 minutes of funny

By modernfamily120, Mar 24, 2012

This episode makes you laugh so much! (Btw Claire's way is faster! She was stopped way more than Phil)

Manny's Birthday

By Lostindharma, Mar 10, 2012

This episode was decent but had some flaws. I like episodes where they show something (in this case Manny's birthday) and how it got there. I think that the stories could have been presented better like showing each storyline at once and then going to the next one. The story lines were still good. I liked seeing Claire and Luke together. It's funny how Claire tries to be this cool mom in this episode. Jay and Gloria had some good parts too. However Gloria was a little to "crazy Colombian" in this episode. She has pulled off in previous episodes and in future ones, but not this one. The best part was probably the story with Cameron and Mitchell. I thought it was really funny how Cameron helped two people together even though they were married to other people. The surprise that Mitchell had for Cameron was great but I thought Cameron over reacted a bit. Again like with Gloria, this is usually done very good but in this case it was too much. The ending was good and had that typical "nice" Modern Family ending but got soured a bit at the end. Overall, I thought this was a good episode.moreless

By Canogaparkcindy, Oct 06, 2011

Absolutely hysterical episode of Modern Family. Now I'm not usually impressed with this show, but this time around, I definitely was. I enjoyed all the story lines maybe minus the Cam & Mitchell story line but the flash mob was a funny surprise. Racing to a restaurant isn't new but it made the episode all the more entertaining. I usually don't like Manny-centric episodes, but even he was funny here.

I found myself rolling my eyes when everyone began crying Phil's car, but that was just a minor flaw in the episode. The plot I definitely liked the most was Gloria's, the BB gun tie in was absolutely hysterical, I could not stop laughing when Gloria shot the BB gun at Jake. Claire was significantly funny as well. Great episode tonight (surprisingly!).moreless

If there was an episode to watch this season, this was it.

By LisaMalcolm1, Oct 06, 2011

From Goria's shooting skills to Manny's age depression to the flash mob, I was laughing practically every moment. The slowest and least important part was the old couple, but when I thought about it, it was a good lead-in for Cam being ultra-romantic and over-sensitive and Mitchell showing off his more playful side with the flash mob. I started laughing at the beginning with the white team shirt. Then, when Luke and Phil both noticed they weren't wearing shoes and each said, "C'mon [insert name]." I really love their relationship. I know I am mean but I also cracked up when Claire realized Luke thought they were really splitting up and he immediately wanted to go with his dad.

I could ramble on for a long time, but I had to watch the episode twice and even replay parts as I was watching. Didn't get a 10 because of the ridiculous scene with the elderly couple. Check it out!moreless

It's a race between Clarie & Luke against Phil, Haley & Alex to see who gets to Manny's birthday first.

By doguineta, Oct 06, 2011

Manny is giving a birthday speech an30 MiNUTES EARLiER

Cam-Mitchell: So they are in the mall, trying to get a gift for Manny, & Cam stops everywhere. They try to help an old couple back together, but then the ol lady says Donald has a wife. Then Mitchell suddenly joins a mob flash and Cam feels coreograph-cheated. Jay-Manny: Jay gets a bibi gun for Manny and tells him it's ok for him to use it cause he was born 16. manny realises he let his childhood slip away. Meanwhile Gloria lost her keys and when Jay find it on one of her ocats, he hides them in his purse. Gloria reaizes what he did and is mad at him. Gloria shoots Manny's island.

Dunphy's: So Claire & Phil race to the restaurant. Haley tells Phil that they don't want to go to family camp again and starts to cry, making Haley & Alex cry. On the other car Claire tries to prove Luke that she is a fun parent too. Both cars (plus Gloria's and Cam's) accelerate and all brake all in fornt of each other.

Now...Manny's speech. He says he believed he let his childhood slip away, but after seeing all of them behave as kids, he realoizes he has plenty of time left.

Overall: Great episode. I liked at 4 plots. 9/10.moreless

11/17

By thefanof, Oct 06, 2011

Modern Family is always good for a few laughs, but the fact of the matter is that this show just does not consistently amuse me in any way. I am not saying that it is not funny from time to time, but is it worthy of an Emmy? They do have a great group of actors and actresses, a good cast, and they come up with creative storylines, like in today's episode, but when you watch a sitcom your ultimate goal is to laugh. I think this show tries too hard to be a fast-moving Arrested Development kind of program, but it just is not.

And an episode revolving around Manny? Don't want to see anymore like that again.moreless