My Gym Partner's a Monkey

Show Reviews (199)

Fair
6.4

This show is pretty good.

By AlexMan586, Oct 10, 2014

It features too many butt jokes but the animation is perfect!

An underrated classic, in my opinion.

By Oldnickolodeon34, Aug 16, 2014

My Gym Partner's A Monkey is one of those shows that gets a ton of hate that I don't exactly understand. MGPAM is about a kid named Adam Lyon who is transfered from a human school to an animal school because they mistook him for an animal due to his last name. Along the way, he has to go to an animal school where his gym partner is a monkey. The premise may sound stupid, but it's executed nicely. This show does a great job at capturing the aspects of an everyday school life, such as the shark being a bully. The plots may be weird, but like the show itself, are nicely executed. The show does have a variety of interesting characters such as Adam Lyon, Jake Spidermonkey and the Gorilla. There is some good humor and plenty of funny moments to go around in each episode, but it can go a little too far with the butt stuff, but it's a kids show so what else can you expect? The animation is really good and flows smoothly in the show, and has a fair amount of effort put into it. The only problem I have with this show is the slightly poor voice acting, but it isn't God awful like Uncle Grandpa, but still could've done better. MGPAM is one of the most underrated shows ever and is worth giving a shot to see if you like it or not.moreless

Not that good, but at least watchable, and darn you, nostalgia!!!

By leviwellsy, May 08, 2014

I grew up with this show when I was still a small boy. I thought this show was okay. Now, looking back at it, it has toilet humor, except they don't go crazy with it like they did with Breadwinners. Nevertheless, I don't like toilet humor most of the time, unless if done right.

About Average

By DisneyVillain, Dec 24, 2013

This was a pretty okay show for its time, but was no masterpiece. It had some interesting characters such as Adam Lyon and Jake Spidermonkey. But it was nothing all that special. In fact, when it got canceled, I didn't even notice and eventually forgot about it.

The Definition of Mediocre

By ColonelIH8Gumby, Dec 19, 2013

This show was not bad, but nowhere near being decent. It had really weird plots, the characters were either unfunny or uninteresting, and the animation is the only thing keeping this from being a lower score.

You know,if you get past the unfunny butt jokes,this show is not that bad.

By fosterfan123, Nov 11, 2013

This show is kinda underrated if you ask me. Honestly,I've seen far worse shows on CN.

But the premise is unoriginal and stupid. I mean,a kid is transferred to a animal school where he meets a monkey who's a complete JACKASS and he has to go there eveyday. It's like foster's home for imaginary friends meets camp lazlo! And the show also has a lot of plotholes,like shouldn't adam be eaten by now?

The animation,though,I like. It's definitely not the best,but at least there's some effort put into it.

The characters are the main thing I hate about this show. Adam is a whiny kid who's a complete and total geek. It's like he's mac from foster's,except that he has down syndrome. Jake is no better either,he's kinda like bloo - a COMPLETE AND TOTAL ASSHOLE!!! But at least bloo is funny as hell,but jake is just disgusting,annoying and unfunny. In fact,in one episode I think I saw him licking his butt or something. The other characters are average though they can also be complete jackasses at times!

The humour is hit and miss. When the show relies on butt jokes,it fails MISERABLY!!! But when it's not it can actually be a little funny. The humour reminds of spongebob,but at least it doesn't reuse the same jokes.

Overall, an okay show. It's not exactly my cup of tea, but at least it's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than secret mountain fort awesome,problem solverz and out of jimmy's head!

moreless

It had a huge chance of being CN`s best, but instead it went the opposite way

By Raven77, Aug 08, 2013

When I first hear of this show, I thought it would be great like Ed, Edd n Eddy but I almost got the opposite result. First off, why are the animals last names similar to thier species? It fails to sound convincing. The plot lines also vary. Some souned great like the one where Adam and Jake be one player to play football, the one where the duo try to get thier coaches job back from a cheetah and the one where Jake and two of his friends steakout on Adam. Others however are pathetic and made me gag, not with laughter, but by how annoying they were, not to mention stupid. For example, in one episode, Jake gets sent to a school for plants. Plants? Then the episode Sidekicked was stupid as it made no sence. Oh, and who could forget Making the grade and its dumb plot line?

Now for the characters: I liked some of them. Adam Lyon was also liked Slips, Lupe, the assistant ferret, the frog principal and some minor background characters. Windsor and Ingrid are sort of likable but the others like that shark bully and the rhino teacher, I cant stand. I really cant stand Jake most of all. He`s Fanboy & ChumChum annoying. Plus, he`s like baboon from weasle: He goes overboard with his butt to the point where I`m desperate to change the channel. Some of the jokes were funny but the gross ones almost took the thrill out of the good ones are some episodes I can stand but a little more than half of them I`d rather watch something else. All I can say is, Cartoon Network could have done better with this show.moreless

Take it Off Cartoon Planet

By minimew2020, Jun 09, 2013

This show is just garbage, the voice acting is bad, the jokes are terrible and they are poorly written and very poorly executed. As for the idea of the show it is just really really stupid! I mean a kid going to0 school, is that the best these people could come up with! Also, probably the most annoying part of this show is that the pacing is just really bad since it is the same thing over and over again. Really, not joking it really is the same over and over again. But, to say the very least do not watch this show seriously, it is that bad now there are worst shows out there but this comes very close to the really bad ones!(like Sidekick, Pearlie, and Tak and The Power of So, with all of this said please do not watch this show!

Of all the offensive kids ever depicted in an animated series (Ian Kelley, Bessie Higgenbottom), Adam Lyon makes even Ruthie from One Big Happy look like angels in comparison.

My Gym Partner's a Monkey is the absolute WORST animated show ever allowed on the Cartoon Planet. A show about some milk and water little creep of a boy who goes to a wrong school (yes, the principal is evil) & the various stupid situations that not even the creators of Skunk Fu would touch with rubber gloves on. And to top if off, the little troglodyte is being bullied by a jerk who happens to be his school's principal.

The best thing for CN to do with this turgescent abomination of a cartoon, is to have it buried at sea, but then again, the ocean's is already polluted as ismoreless

I'll be honest, this show was ok, but not the best

By pepsistriker145, Mar 19, 2013

This show wasn't that bad, but it wasn't perfect either. some episodes were kinda annoying, but it was ok. look at it this way, it's better than Squirrel Boy, that show was boring as hell.

Load More Reviews