Pilot

Episode Reviews (27)

Superb

About this episode

By JordanWelch, Jun 06, 2013

It had great written and directing.

Troubles that we all somehow have ?

By ete-san, Jan 08, 2012

When I watched the first episode I thought :\"What the heck\" ?

But it grew on me ... it\'s one of the best written, funniest shows out there.

In real life those guys probably would be real jerks, but here , just funky ...

It show that you can change

When I watched the first episode I thought :\"What the heck\" ?

But it grew on me ... it\'s one of the best written, funniest shows out there.

In real life those guys probably would be real jerks, but here , just funky.

and then again and again and againmoreless

LOL!

By efc1991, Feb 10, 2008

Earl J. Hickey is a small-time thief with a messed-up life. His "scratch and win" lottery ticket proves to be worth $100,000, but he is immediately hit by a car and watches the ticket blow away. In the hospital recovering, Earl's wife divorces him, and Earl is introduced to the concept of karma while watching an interview with singer Trace Adkins on Last Call with Carson Daly. He decides to try to make up for all the bad things he has done and makes a written list of 259 items. After leaving the hospital he starts on his list and right away he finds his lost $100,000 scratcher. Figuring karma works pretty well, he resolves to continue making up for items on the list.moreless

The begining

By cookmeup, Jun 09, 2007

This episode is the begining of a very very awsome and funny show. Earl makes his list and goes on his first quest to seek better karma. Randy, Catalina, Joy and Darnell and introduced along with many other charcters that make alot of appearences in the show. Earl's first mission is to help out the kid he picked on in elementry school.

After winning the lottery and being hit by a car, a little crook named Earl decides to change his life: "do good things and good things will happen to you". He decides to make a list of all the bad stuff he's done in his life and right them.

By LaSerre, Dec 26, 2006

It's hard to find a good pilot episode, even for a great TV serie... I usually find the pilot a bit foggy, not very clear, but in my opinion this is an awesome start! The story is very well introduced, and the plot is funny and intriguing. The dialogues are enjoyable and well written. The short flashbacks make the story funnier, more fluent and original. All characters are well picted, and especially Earl’s character seems interesting; I expect great things from him! I also think that Jason Lee fits perfectly in the role. I really can’t wait to see the next episodes and how the story will evolve!moreless

Karma all the way!

By J708, Oct 28, 2006

I only recently started getting into and believing in karma, and i guess watching this show is really some kind of motive and something i can relate to:) The pilot was really well written and i guess that if this show wasn't really about karma and earl doing good things I don't think i wouldv'e conitnued watching it. I really excited they have finally come up with such a show about karma which is funny at the same time. I really hope every episode is always about earl doing something good and fixing what he has done bad in the past.moreless

A brilliant start

By jimbo_001, Jun 29, 2006

This is one of the best pilots I’ve seen from any TV show, My Name Is Earl making my favourites list after only one episode and if you’ve seen it, you’ll definitely know why.

The characters are introduced brilliantly in this episode, Earl being a terrific character that can be explored from many angles, from the first scene with him robbing the car to the best ten seconds of his life to him actually fulfilling one of his 259 objectives to achieve good karma.

The first item being checked off is a very funny one and also a basic one to start off with since the introduction of the lottery ticket and unusual family is to hilarious to be left out, but of course is complicated when it turns out the kid he bullied has a secret.

Overall, this pilot is very important and extremely funny.moreless

Great show to begin with

By JPPT1974, May 08, 2006

I hope that the show will stay around a lot

Longer thanks to the charm of movie star Jason Lee

And the writing and acting of the supporting group as Earl

Is hit in the head and wants to now do the many, many, many, things that he did wrong in the past and make up for them even if it is to the chargin of people that he has offended!

Earl is a small time crook who, after having an almost fatal accident, decides to do good things to make up for all the bad ones. That's the bare bones gist of it.

By rharisay, Apr 15, 2006

A great beginning for a great show. It should go down as an American classic like, \"Cheers,\" \"Everybody Loves Raymond\" and \"Seinfeld.\" Speaking of \"Cheers,\" anyone remember the spin-off \"The Tortelli\'s?\" It featured Carla\'s sleazy ex-husband trying to go straight after a near death experience. Kind of the same idea, but I think Earl got the premise right. Earl is being proactive in trying to straighten out his life, with his list and trying to get something crossed off everyday. Like those other shows I mentioned, may Earl have a long and fruitful run and finish out on top. Hooray for Greg Garcia, this is a great show!

moreless