The Enemy: Ninja Dropouts

Episode Reviews (4)

Great

Ninja flunkies attack!!!

By DarkNinja1994, Feb 10, 2009

Dude, I totally know how this is gonna end. That toally emo guard with the cool hair's little bro ain't dead. He works for that convict dude. And in the end, the emo dude will find his little bro and they will live happily ever after, blah, blah, blah. Oh, and Naruto will give a speech. And that is how this arc will end. And if it doesn't, you may shoot me in the foot. Nah, I'm just kidding. I love my foot! How am I supposed to get 100 words in now? I guess I could just type nonsense. Never mind, I'm over the minimum ammonut now. :)moreless

A Ninja Dropout named Gantetsu was captured, so Naruto, Sakura, and Lee are assigned a mission to make sure he gets to the capital safely. But the mission starts to become a lot more complicated then at first thought...

By pikastatic100, Feb 03, 2009

It's the dead of night, and four very suspicious looking people climb out of a pond, and head inside a mansion. Once inside, they sneak into a room, where they kill everyone sleeping there. They then arrive at an iron gate, where one of the men uses a jutsu involving thread to slice it down. Just then, the sound of a boy crying is heard, and the leader of the group orders another one of them, named Gantetsu, to go deal with him. He goes to where the frightened boy is, but just stares at him without doing anything. The men then decide to burn the mansion down, and flames engulf everything, and surround Gantetsu and the boy...

A hot day arrives to the Hidden Leaf Village, and Tsunade gets another report. She sends Sakura to go get Naruto and Lee, since she has a mission for all three of them. Sakura goes to a clearing to find the two training with each other. They go to the Hokage's mansion, and Tsunade tells them about Ninja Dropouts, ninja who abandon their shinobi life to use their ninja abilities to commit crimes. She explains that one of their members, Gantetsu, was captured, and was going to be sent to the capital of the Land of Forests for a trial. It is, however, possible that the other Ninja Dropouts will try and rescue him. So she gives Naruto, Sakura, and Lee the mission to make sure Gantetsu gets to the capital safely.

The group arrive at a harbor, where the ship transferring Gantetsu to the capital, awaits. They meet Todoroki, the leader of the guards who are also in charge of guarding the convoy, but he looks down on the Leaf Shinobi, thinking that they'll just be a nuisance. The ship takes off towards the capital, but things are most certainly not over... Will they reach the capital in one piece, or will the other Ninja Dropouts turn up and ruin everything? And what of Todoroki, who doesn't seem like your usual guard...? You'll have to watch the episode, and the rest of the arc, to find out!

A good start to this filler arc, and the storyline of it is turning quite interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing how everything turns out and hearing about both Todoroki and Gantetsu's background story.moreless

Not much happens in the first installment of the next filler.

By Kalidascorp, Nov 13, 2006

Nothing much happens in this episode. Naruto, Lee, and Sakura are assigned in a group. Hopefully Sakura will play a much larger role than she has in the past. This episode is all beginning, only revealing the situation Naruto got in (Not Naruto's fault this time, though).

This episode is mildly suspencful, leaving many places that are missing important details which could drastacly change the way this episode is heading. There are many conclusions that are possible.

Overall, this is just another filler episode. While the possibility of Sakura revealing a few of her newly learned techniques lurks around, it doesn't seem that she will play as big a role as desired. But then again, this episode doesn't reveal much as to what's going to happen.moreless