Nature

Show Reviews (4)

Great

inaccuracies

By oltrkyspur, Oct 07, 2014

So you think this show is educational. Trouble is they are sometimes very sloppy with the facts. They have a tendency to dub in the wrong sound for the animal subjects even when it is obvious the animal is making no sound at all. A good example of this is the common error of inserting in the sounds of red-tailed hawks for any bird of prey whether it be a vulture or an eagle. Some producers like to use domesticated or imprinted birds and represent them as wild.

Additionally, a recent episode was covering the subject of livestock eating loco weed. Obviously, the producers have no idea what loco weed looks like since they showed video of 2 different blooming plants neither of which was loco weed.

I can't believe the program producers can't get in touch with any university biology department and have a professor or graduate student check their pieces for inaccuracies. Perhaps they don't care or figure the viewing public is too stupid to see the mistakes.moreless

Science in the real world. An engrossing look at the beautiful flora and fauna all around us.

By Lokar, Jun 01, 2006

What's on a lemur's mind most of the day? How are the denizens of a game preserve holding out? How do governments across the world strive to stop poaching and protect rare species?

These and other stories are told in thorough but never dull fashion in this long-running documentary show. Episodes are shot on location, so the vitality of the Serengeti, the Gobi or Yellowstone become immediate for you.

If you thought biology was supposed to be boring, think again. Whether it's about a look at bird life in the rain forest, how wolves and humans cross paths on lands in and near the national parks, a polar bear's quest for food or the life cycle of wild horses, 'Nature' is always honest and refreshing.

moreless

I don't go out of my way to watch it, but if I had TiVo, I'd TiVo it. It's the best "nature" documentary. I hate the sensationalizm of all of the copycat shows. Just add interesting new information that I wasn't taught when I was six. Fun for all ages.

By JebusJakie, May 21, 2006

I'm all for disagreement, but at least let me know what you disagree with.

I don't go out of my way to watch it, but if I had TiVo, I'd TiVo it. It's the best "nature" documentary. I hate the sensationalizm of all the copycat shows. Just add interesting new information that I wasn't taught when I was six. Fun for all ages. I like Nova too so I get them mixed up when they cross boundaries, but I like the stuff about volcanos, the water life in the "Devils Whole" in the dessert (I think that's what it's called). There was a show about killer whales in Puget sound talking about the effects of sonar on whales as well as differences between local and nomadic whales that was cool. Animals that I've never seen before, previously unknown facts about animals, the psychology of animals and other stuff like that are all interesting.moreless