Nature

Show Reviews (3)

Great

Science in the real world. An engrossing look at the beautiful flora and fauna all around us.

By Lokar, Jun 01, 2006

What's on a lemur's mind most of the day? How are the denizens of a game preserve holding out? How do governments across the world strive to stop poaching and protect rare species?

These and other stories are told in thorough but never dull fashion in this long-running documentary show. Episodes are shot on location, so the vitality of the Serengeti, the Gobi or Yellowstone become immediate for you.

If you thought biology was supposed to be boring, think again. Whether it's about a look at bird life in the rain forest, how wolves and humans cross paths on lands in and near the national parks, a polar bear's quest for food or the life cycle of wild horses, 'Nature' is always honest and refreshing.

moreless

I don't go out of my way to watch it, but if I had TiVo, I'd TiVo it. It's the best "nature" documentary. I hate the sensationalizm of all of the copycat shows. Just add interesting new information that I wasn't taught when I was six. Fun for all ages.

By JebusJakie, May 21, 2006

I'm all for disagreement, but at least let me know what you disagree with.

I don't go out of my way to watch it, but if I had TiVo, I'd TiVo it. It's the best "nature" documentary. I hate the sensationalizm of all the copycat shows. Just add interesting new information that I wasn't taught when I was six. Fun for all ages. I like Nova too so I get them mixed up when they cross boundaries, but I like the stuff about volcanos, the water life in the "Devils Whole" in the dessert (I think that's what it's called). There was a show about killer whales in Puget sound talking about the effects of sonar on whales as well as differences between local and nomadic whales that was cool. Animals that I've never seen before, previously unknown facts about animals, the psychology of animals and other stuff like that are all interesting.moreless