Nature

Show Reviews (6)

Great

Stimply Stunning, Timeless, and Epic

By Gryphon-Guide, May 13, 2015

A truly beautiful, breathtaking show about practically all creatures great and small, all sorts of habitats, animal communities, special groups, special adaptions, and even more. You feel almost like you are there and expirencing this first hand. One of the best documentaries out there because it is done in the most scientific way, using the best technology plus equipment, and using the best knowledge and experts to date, and you always seem to learn something new and amazing. Come to think of it, there's nature all around us, you don't need to travel somewhere far or exotic to see or expirience nature because it is as near as your own community, yard or garden, or even inside your own home. Almost all episodes are a real treat to see.moreless

Green patrol in action - Nadalj - Bird Callers and Truth Hunting

By ruzahelac, Mar 27, 2015

inaccuracies

By oltrkyspur, Oct 07, 2014

So you think this show is educational. Trouble is they are sometimes very sloppy with the facts. They have a tendency to dub in the wrong sound for the animal subjects even when it is obvious the animal is making no sound at all. A good example of this is the common error of inserting in the sounds of red-tailed hawks for any bird of prey whether it be a vulture or an eagle. Some producers like to use domesticated or imprinted birds and represent them as wild.

Additionally, a recent episode was covering the subject of livestock eating loco weed. Obviously, the producers have no idea what loco weed looks like since they showed video of 2 different blooming plants neither of which was loco weed.

I can't believe the program producers can't get in touch with any university biology department and have a professor or graduate student check their pieces for inaccuracies. Perhaps they don't care or figure the viewing public is too stupid to see the mistakes.moreless

I don't go out of my way to watch it, but if I had TiVo, I'd TiVo it. It's the best "nature" documentary. I hate the sensationalizm of all of the copycat shows. Just add interesting new information that I wasn't taught when I was six. Fun for all ages.

By JebusJakie, May 21, 2006

I'm all for disagreement, but at least let me know what you disagree with.

I don't go out of my way to watch it, but if I had TiVo, I'd TiVo it. It's the best "nature" documentary. I hate the sensationalizm of all the copycat shows. Just add interesting new information that I wasn't taught when I was six. Fun for all ages. I like Nova too so I get them mixed up when they cross boundaries, but I like the stuff about volcanos, the water life in the "Devils Whole" in the dessert (I think that's what it's called). There was a show about killer whales in Puget sound talking about the effects of sonar on whales as well as differences between local and nomadic whales that was cool. Animals that I've never seen before, previously unknown facts about animals, the psychology of animals and other stuff like that are all interesting.moreless

"Nature" is a high-quality documentary series appealing to anyone with an interest in the natural world. New episodes are often punctuated by repeats, which is a good thing because there are many great episodes worth re-seeing.

By Labousky22, Jan 23, 2006

I grew up as a child watching "Nature" every Sunday night at 8 PM. The program gave me a deep and wonderful interest in wildlife and the natural world. This documentary series is not a children's program, however, and it is not a boring educational program either. "Nature" has something to offer to anyone interested in learning something new.

The show has been running since October 10, 1982 (I'm not that old; I started watching it in the 90s) and is still going strong. The series is one of the most popular documentary series, and for good reason. Each episode has a different flavor thanks to different filmmakers and sponsors, but overall the program is well-made and engaging.

Inevitably, of course, some gems shine brighter than others. Among my favorite episodes are "Australia's Little Assassins," which examines venomous animals in Australia, and "Hippo Beach," a humorous and revealing look at the life of hippos. The show primarily focuses on wildlife and ecosystems, but there have been wonderful episodes such as "Diamonds" that examine other aspects of the natural world.

I do not watch "Nature" as much anymore simply because I am a lot busier, but every now and then when I have free time I catch a new episode. It was a joy then, and it is still very much a joy now. I recommend everyone to check out the season guide at the official website and tune in to an episode that looks interesting.moreless