NCIS: Meet Tony's Potential New Love Interest!

By LizRaftery

Aug 20, 2014

Melrose Place alum Stephanie Jacobsen is joining the cast of NCIS as a "flirtatious" FBI agent who works with Tony on a case involving a terrorist threat against Navy researchers, TV.com has confirmed. 

Does this mean Tony's finally moving on from Ziva (Cote de Pablo)? Jacobsen will play Leia Pendergast, a former U.S. Marshal turned FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force leader who's "feminine, sexy and single, cool and confident," according to Entertainment Weekly, which first reported the news.

Based on that character description, it sounds like Tony will have a tough lady to tussle with during the investigation. With Tony's love life in limbo for much of Season 11 after Cote de Pablo's departure from the show, executive producer Gary Glasberg says fans should be prepared for him to get back into the dating game in Season 12.

"We'll absolutely move forward with ... Tony's personal life," Glasberg said in July at the Television Critics Association summer press. "It's going to happen early on. ... We'll introduce somebody and see how it works. ... [They meet] through work, through a case."

Though Jacobsen is currently only signed on for one episode, her character has the potential to recur.

How do you feel about Tony's possible new romantic interest?

• Comments (43)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • daveruccio Sep 01, 2014

I saw her stripping in Tampa a couple of years ago.

• didotwite5 Aug 31, 2014

I invested 8 years in the Tony/Ziva relationship, and it ended in heartbreak for the characters. I'm not going to invest again. Either Ziva or no one at all for Tony.

• milena73 Aug 27, 2014

I wouldn't mind a new love for Tony, but ... 1) it's too soon, 2) first they should fix the Bishop-disaster (and some other things that aren't working anymore), 3) I can't imagine (at the moment) Jabobsen suits him (simply visual, I mean, it's not real life, it's a movie, and it should look good, I don't know how big she is, but I've noticed several times now that too small, too thin and too girlish women look ridiculous when standing next to Weatherly. Even though he lost a lot of weight lately, he's still a big and athletic man (and over 40)), 4) de Pablo looked very good at Weatherly's side, it's difficult to beat, 5) the role's discription indicates that they try to find a NEW ZIVA for him, not a new love. So it'll be probably just another bad REPLACEMENT (like Bishop), nothing new. If they want to do something new they need to get away from the Tiva-story completely. But then the conception of the role is the wrong choice.

• daveruccio Sep 01, 2014

Bishop is unfixable. They need to ditch her ASAP. It's insane that she is still on the show.

• milena73 Sep 01, 2014

Well, that's what I meant with "fixing it" - get rid off her. ;)

• Gimpyelf67 Aug 25, 2014

Not going to make fans forget about Cote/Ziva. Does GG really believe if he keeps throwing actresses into the mix, one will stick!? EW, strike one. This one will be strike two! Give it up CBS. Either bring back Cote, or no one at all. And get rid of the talentless EW while you are at it!

• Frosty39 Aug 25, 2014

Another disaster in the making! CBS is failing badly in the intelligence department !

• Jayfeather Aug 25, 2014

Meet NCIS' newest failure would be a better title! Someone at CBS needs to get a brain, as they keep making one brainless move after another with this show!

• Grumpycat Aug 25, 2014

More proof that TPTB at CBS are morons!

• Ilovecats Aug 25, 2014

Fans don't want a replacement for Ziva at work or in Tony's personal life. Why does CBS keep on doing things fans hate?! It's almost as if CBS wants people to quit watching (those who haven't stopped already)!

• Caitlin39 Aug 25, 2014

More proof CBS doesn't care what fans want! Boneheaded move doomed for failure!

• panther14 Aug 25, 2014

Another soon to be failure on NCIS! Sigh!

• See More Comments (14)