NCIS

Show Reviews (1238)

Great

Please get rid of Bishop

By sjudy537, Aug 28, 2015

I have actually stopped watching this show because of her, she just does not fit in with the others. I've started watching the re-runs when Ziva was on there. Please take her off!!!!!

A lackluster Bishop!

By Tresi600, Aug 26, 2015

I was so disappointed with Zivas departure, but I felt hopeful, considering the seamless transition from Agent 'Kate' to Mousad agent Ziva David. WHAT IS GOING ON???? The casting for new new agent Bishop is completely rediculous and a Very POOR FIT for the rest of the cast. Here's why

1a. When Kate left the whole team suffered the loss. People grieved, every member of the team was shown in their sense of loss. Ziva leaves, unexpectedly, abruptly, no one has closure and within 2 episodes it's like Ziva WAS NEVER THERE! There was no "exploring" people's feelings. JUST BECAUSE SHE DIDNT DIE DIDNT MEAN THERE WAS NO SENSE OF LOSS OR ABANDONMENT, especially in regards to Tony. He certainly shelved her in a hurry. Stupid considering the obvious feeling between them!

1. Bishop looks like she's 12. watching is difficult as her the poorly groomed, almost black eyebrows framed against blond hair look idiotic and always scream for attention.

2. For a woman whose supposed to be married, the references to Bishops husband are All but non existent. No realism there at all. All the unmarried field agents always commented on relational issues, yet Biahop has nothing to say. (Perhaps I haven't watched enough episodes)

3. The chemistry between DiNozzo, McGee and Daved was perfect really well written. The current chemistry between ALL the agents and Bishop (and visa versa). Falls completely flat. Also the writing for these personal interactions is extremely poor, making me think there are new writers on board. Lackluster, no personality, boring boring boring Bishop!!!! WRITERS, why are you tampering with what Has been proven as a recipe for success???????moreless

Ziva, Come Back

By zevafan, Aug 21, 2015

I have watched NCIS from the first show and still watch but its far from the greatest show it was with Ziva. PLEASE BRING HER BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somebody pay the electric bill!

By McalisterMerchant, Aug 17, 2015

I don't think all the dark rooms and shady places enhance the stories or cover for some of the juvenile or broken plot lines. put natural lights back in there. Whoever the producer or director that started this needs to stop it!

Now!

Just love the BS in these type of shows.

By JimC39, Aug 12, 2015

NCIS is staffed by Navy personnel. It is not made up from ex cops, ex CIA ers, people with computer expertise who just walk in off the street. God, shows like this are so full of crap. And what is worse people who have no idea how the military works see this crap and actually believe that this is the way it is. Another BS show was JAG. Which actually gave me quite a few laughs. Unbelievable.

Season 13 - My Wish List - Ziva Returns!!!

By kathysr, Aug 05, 2015

July 14, 2015

I've read twice in the past two months that Mark Harmon has NOT signed a contract for Season 13. In the Season 12 Finale, Gibbs is laying on the ground, shot twice, in danger of dying. Mark did a series of interviews for the season finale. He said more than once that "any character" is replaceable on the show, including himself. I suspect that, after 12 long years, Mark is tired. This past year he took on Executive Producer duties for NCIS and NCIS New Orleans, and he's front burner each week on NCIS. The guy must be working 20-hour days. Mark Harmon has got to be exhausted.

Since Cote left two years ago, the show has gone flat. I loved to watch Ziva and Tony go toe to toe, or rather nose to nose, with each other. Ziva went nose to nose with everyone and she took no prisoners! Cote raised the energy on the show. She has sparkling chemistry with everyone, and the entire NCIS crew loves Ziva. Since she left, the joy has gone. Everything is blah. It's turned into the kind of show I dread, a procedural. I love the show because it's about a wonderfully loving, close, bickering, hilarious, often dysfunctional, but totally professional family, headed by pater Gibbs. All the characters seem grim now. Tony's jokes fall flat, McGee hunkers down at his computer, Bishop is busy looking at everything on the floor, Gibbs seems like he's phoning it in. The Season Finale for Season 11, when Cote left, drew an audience of 22 million people. The season finale this year, when Gibbs was shot, dropped to 15 million people, a 33% drop from two years ago.

CBS, Listen up! Here's how NCIS can recapture the magic:

1. Gibbs doesn't die but he's on the verge of death. He's airlifted back to Walter Reed Medical Center in Washington DC.

2. Tony is put in charge of the NCIS team. People are in shock and grief, angry, furious over Gibbs.

3. Ziva hears of Gibbs' grave injuries. She suddenly appears at his bedside, sitting vigil and gently willing him back to life again. She's there when he finally opens his eyes. Tony silently slips in behind her. He's flooded with all kinds of emotions at seeing Ziva again.

4. Gibbs has a long, difficult convalescence, spread out over several episodes. He has great difficulty walking. Ziva and Tony are often at his bedside. Gibbs expresses his deep anger at her for suddenly leaving everyone, who felt abandoned by her. Ziva emotionally explains to Gibbs, just as she had explained to Tony two years earlier, that she had to leave NCIS to discover herself and to create a new life, after her father's death. Gibbs gradually softens and then hugs her.

5. Gibbs finally decides to retire from NCIS. He's burned out. His mission is over.

6. Tony and Ziva have been emotionally avoiding each other. Now, finally, they confront and explore their true feelings for each other.

7. Ziva must decide if she ever wants to return to NCIS. And to Tony.

STAY TUNED!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tony and Ziva - A New Beginning

November 4, 2014

I understand why Cote left NCIS after eight years. She's a gifted actress who first came to the show at a very young 25. Clearly it was the opportunity of a lifetime to be on a huge hit TV series at 25. But eight years later at 33, Cote knows that she needs to take advantage NOW of the many opportunities being offered to her to work in many diverse roles. Cote may have asked for a one year contract, or a contract which would give her the flexibility to do other projects if they were offered to her. Mostly likely this request was denied, so she had to leave the show in order to have a career.

I was fascinated by the 10-28-2014 NCIS episode when Abby and Tony discussed Ziva. As far as I can recall, that's the first time the NCIS characters have expressed their real feelings about Ziva's absence. And I suspect that each character's dialogue reflects how the actor feels about Ziva's departure. Abby said, "But Tony, she LEFT us," with sadness and anger. Tony replied very wistfully, ";I know, but I miss her. I miss my

Clearly, Tony loves Ziva and he's not ready to move on.

I suspect that when Cote didn't re-sign her contract, the cast was angry and hurt. But Michael has remained gracious, kind and complimentary in his public comments, interviews and Tweets about Cote. He has repeatedly said that he misses her and wishes that she could return. He wishes her well. He recognizes that she's a very talented actress who will be offered great roles. When her new mini-series role in "The Dovekeepers" was announced earlier in 2014, Michael tweeted congratulations and best wishes to Cote. Thank you, Michael. I love Cote and you together. I know how much you miss her because you two ARE a dynamite duo.

Tony's been forever changed by his love for Ziva. There was Tony before Ziva, Tony and Ziva, and Tony after Ziva. I'm grateful that the show has not successfully pushed someone new on us over the past year. Notice how they married off Bishop? Suddenly she's married. When the heck did that happen? So glad to see it. She's a nice kid, but she's clearly not in Tony's league.

Now we have this new babe whom we are told knew Tony way back in his cop days in Baltimore. She's brash, overtly sexy (skin tight clothes, boobs hanging out), smart-ass mouthy, kick-ass pushy. So this is Ziva's replacement? Ziva is light years different from this new person. Ziva does NOT dress in a sexy fashion. On the contrary, most of the time she dresses like a combat trooper. She dresses for the job. Ziva NEVER trades on her sexuality (unless she's on an undercover assignment, when she's using her sexuality to catch the bad guys. Ziva is incredibly INTELLIGENT, street smart, powerful, cunning, a survivor, a warrior, always in charge, on a spiritual mission to save Israel and to catch the bad guys. I have to laugh if people think Ziva dumbed down Tony. On the contrary, she smartened him up!!! Tony ALWAYS scrambled to keep up with Ziva!!! She was always one or two steps ahead of him in the figuring out department, which is one of the many reasons why he loves her. She challenges him and he can NEVER get the best of her. I love watching Tony trying to catch up.

NCIS, you can bring back Ziva as a recurring guest star for three or four episodes per year. She didn't die. She's alive and well. She embarked upon a solitary spiritual mission to redefine her purpose in life. The death of her father destroyed everything she had believed in. She's on a quest to create an entirely new life. It may or may not include working at NCIS.

Tony and Ziva are not over. They're really just beginning.

Tony and Ziva FINALLY unite - in the NCIS series final episodes!!!

September 27, 2014

Here's my dream ending for the NCIS Series -- In the last four or five episodes of the series, Tony and Ziva reunite on a secret mission and totally surrender to their passionate love for each other, over and over and over and over, lol! Making up for a little lost time, like about ten years!! I loved watching them for eight years. They always had extraordinary chemistry and were often hilarious together, like Nick and Nora. After her father's violent murder, they became emotionally closer. Tony finally began to reveal his true feelings, becoming very vulnerable as his love for Ziva deepened. He cared about her and he worried for her emotional health and well being. That special scene, in the car, we were witnessing the very moment when Ziva was ready to begin to let Tony know how she felt, and then BAM, the car crash. And next thing we know, Cote is leaving the show and WE get totally cheated out of the love story we'd patiently waited eight years to see. That entire season had been building to a real love story between the two characters. What a drag. I have to say, my heart's not in the show anymore. I watch, but it's not the same. I feel sorry for Cote's replacement. Because NOBODY can replace Cote and we don't want to see anyone replace her. I don't want to see anyone else with Tony. You never know. It took JAG 11 long years to finally unit Harm and Mac in marriage. Donald Bellesario sure takes his sweet time! Cote has sparkling chemistry with everyone on NCIS, not just Michael Weatherley. She was hilariously witty, always misusing slang, gorgeous, sparkling, HOT, always in charge and a very powerful character. Her character's back story is fascinating. Ziva was on a very powerful spiritual mission, which always made her character compelling and fascinating to watch. She wasn't just solving crimes, she was righting wrongs in the world. I miss Cote deeply.

I still watch. Sorta. But my heart's not in it anymore.

moreless

Getting frustrated with Bishop!

By tuathaj, Aug 03, 2015

I have been a fan of NCIS for as long as I remember. I have loved all the episodes and all the characters. Please someone tell me Bishop is going soon. She is probably a nice person however she is making NCIS too painful to watch.

Can she have a joint assignment somewhere else please!!!!

Really can't stand the new chick at all. She just doesn't fit, maybe put her in NCIS Canada or something...

By joenobody, Jul 25, 2015

(BTW, no disrespect to Canada intended)

Liked Kate, liked Ziva, can't stand the new whoever (Bishop, I guess). She absolutely does not fit (I know that was the idea - it was a really BAD idea). Can't exactly put my finger on it and not going to waste my time trying to, I just know that she's wrong. This series worked for 10+ seasons, must be a reason - please go back to what worked. I've seen every episode many times, rating is overall 9ish, dropping to 3ish for now. Please fix the problem or cancel the show before it ruins itself and its reputation.moreless

All Episodes

By missingncis3, Jul 24, 2015

I have been unable to watch (believe me I tried) NCIS since Bishop joined the team. It is actually painful, as she is such a horrible actress. She needs to put us out of our misery and ask to be released from her contract. SHE CAN'T ACT!! NCIS was a "never miss" for I just search for reruns. It's not that no one can replace liked Kate, too. It's that all the chemistry in this show is has single handedly ruined the show.moreless

NCIS - still going - but some changes are needed.

By Toparty, Jul 20, 2015

I've recently gone back to the beginning and rewatched the entire series. NCIS has always been entertaining TV with interesting main characters in Gibbs and DeNozzo. I don't name any other main characters because there are none.

McGee is the 'Probie' that screws up so often he's a hindrance. He's inflicted with numerous fears, phobias and allergies and his main function is kicking bag for DeNozzo. He's hopeless as a boy scout - vomits on every boat he gets onto, has been responsible for injuries inflicted on Gibbs and DeNozzo and has killed another officer. It's amazing that he hasn't been fired since his only saving grace is computer skills which lately seem woefully, completely out of date. His whining over his many woes is also grating.

Female lead characters are too regularly replaced. Bishop is the latest - and worst - in a string of female leads and is so wrong for the part everyone but the producers can see it. Delicate little girls don't make believable field agents and no one in their right mind believes she can tackle men twice her size to the ground without the training that Ziva had no matter how many brothers she has.

This series has lasted 12 years thanks to Gibbs and DeNozzo. or thanks to the writing that heavily favours those two characters over all others and before I hear the wails of protest - Gibbs and Denozzo have been shot, kidnapped, attacked, blown up, hospitalised, etc dozens of times each. Never have they shot a fellow officer or injured their own team. McGee has injured DeNozzo -( broken nose) and Gibbs (broken arm), and killed another officer. His serious injury count is about five all the way up to season 11 - including getting kicked in the #$%^ by Kate, and a dislocated shoulder that was his own fault. Glass in the gut was a stitch or two job, and he's been knocked out once or twice. That's it. Overall he's done more damage than good and he's only around so that DeNozzo can kick someone. That's why I say the writers strongly focus on making Denozzo and Gibbs look fab and all other characters are support only.

It's good to see a series where the characters actually grow and develop - at least in DeNozzo's case. He's grown more mature in this last season - thankfully. Gibbs has become somewhat colder and less approachable than he used to be. Abby still wears pigtails and that is becoming slightly cringeworthy at her age. I think perhaps a mix up in the team with Bishop and McGee being replaced might make this series last longer. I have to admit that McGee has grown a little less gullible over the last few years but his overall incompetence in EVERY other area including his computing skills make him highly replaceable. I still enjoy Ducky as a character and Palmer as his assistant. Abby needs growing up big time. Gibbs needs a MAJOR change in his personal life to soften him up a tad. Noone can be that shut down for that long without deteriorating.

The problem with a series going on this long is that things become more predictable: In the last eps: Dorneget has been killed and Gibbs has been shot. Next year Gibbs will recover - the bad guys will eventually get caught and things will go back to normal. Time for some changes - esp with Bishop and McGee.

For next season I'd like to see Gibbs soften up. If there was a threat to DeNozzo - his Minnie-me surrogate son then I think Gibbs would change for the better - if Gibbs could save him - or Abby or Ducky. A threat to McGee - whom Gibbs doesn't really understand or like - would barely make the guy blink - ditto for Bishop.

I do like imperfect characters but I'm never going to agree with murder being justifiable in our law enforcement people so thank God this is only a TV series. A return to intruiging story lines and interesting and exciting character development would be most welcome.

moreless