NCIS

Show Reviews (1232)

Great

Really can't stand the new chick at all. She just doesn't fit, maybe put her in NCIS Canada or something...

By joenobody, Jul 25, 2015

(BTW, no disrespect to Canada intended)

Liked Kate, liked Ziva, can't stand the new whoever (Bishop, I guess). She absolutely does not fit (I know that was the idea - it was a really BAD idea). Can't exactly put my finger on it and not going to waste my time trying to, I just know that she's wrong. This series worked for 10+ seasons, must be a reason - please go back to what worked. I've seen every episode many times, rating is overall 9ish, dropping to 3ish for now. Please fix the problem or cancel the show before it ruins itself and its reputation.moreless

All Episodes

By missingncis3, Jul 24, 2015

I have been unable to watch (believe me I tried) NCIS since Bishop joined the team. It is actually painful, as she is such a horrible actress. She needs to put us out of our misery and ask to be released from her contract. SHE CAN'T ACT!! NCIS was a "never miss" for I just search for reruns. It's not that no one can replace liked Kate, too. It's that all the chemistry in this show is has single handedly ruined the show.moreless

NCIS - still going - but some changes are needed.

By Toparty, Jul 20, 2015

I've recently gone back to the beginning and rewatched the entire series. NCIS has always been entertaining TV with interesting main characters in Gibbs and DeNozzo. I don't name any other main characters because there are none.

McGee is the 'Probie' that screws up so often he's a hindrance. He's inflicted with numerous fears, phobias and allergies and his main function is kicking bag for DeNozzo. He's hopeless as a boy scout - vomits on every boat he gets onto, has been responsible for injuries inflicted on Gibbs and DeNozzo and has killed another officer. It's amazing that he hasn't been fired since his only saving grace is computer skills which lately seem woefully, completely out of date. His whining over his many woes is also grating.

Female lead characters are too regularly replaced. Bishop is the latest - and worst - in a string of female leads and is so wrong for the part everyone but the producers can see it. Delicate little girls don't make believable field agents and no one in their right mind believes she can tackle men twice her size to the ground without the training that Ziva had no matter how many brothers she has.

This series has lasted 12 years thanks to Gibbs and DeNozzo. or thanks to the writing that heavily favours those two characters over all others and before I hear the wails of protest - Gibbs and Denozzo have been shot, kidnapped, attacked, blown up, hospitalised, etc dozens of times each. Never have they shot a fellow officer or injured their own team. McGee has injured DeNozzo -( broken nose) and Gibbs (broken arm), and killed another officer. His serious injury count is about five all the way up to season 11 - including getting kicked in the #$%^ by Kate, and a dislocated shoulder that was his own fault. Glass in the gut was a stitch or two job, and he's been knocked out once or twice. That's it. Overall he's done more damage than good and he's only around so that DeNozzo can kick someone. That's why I say the writers strongly focus on making Denozzo and Gibbs look fab and all other characters are support only.

It's good to see a series where the characters actually grow and develop - at least in DeNozzo's case. He's grown more mature in this last season - thankfully. Gibbs has become somewhat colder and less approachable than he used to be. Abby still wears pigtails and that is becoming slightly cringeworthy at her age. I think perhaps a mix up in the team with Bishop and McGee being replaced might make this series last longer. I have to admit that McGee has grown a little less gullible over the last few years but his overall incompetence in EVERY other area including his computing skills make him highly replaceable. I still enjoy Ducky as a character and Palmer as his assistant. Abby needs growing up big time. Gibbs needs a MAJOR change in his personal life to soften him up a tad. Noone can be that shut down for that long without deteriorating.

The problem with a series going on this long is that things become more predictable: In the last eps: Dorneget has been killed and Gibbs has been shot. Next year Gibbs will recover - the bad guys will eventually get caught and things will go back to normal. Time for some changes - esp with Bishop and McGee.

For next season I'd like to see Gibbs soften up. If there was a threat to DeNozzo - his Minnie-me surrogate son then I think Gibbs would change for the better - if Gibbs could save him - or Abby or Ducky. A threat to McGee - whom Gibbs doesn't really understand or like - would barely make the guy blink - ditto for Bishop.

I do like imperfect characters but I'm never going to agree with murder being justifiable in our law enforcement people so thank God this is only a TV series. A return to intruiging story lines and interesting and exciting character development would be most welcome.

moreless

Season 13 - My Wish List - Ziva Returns!!!

By kathysr, Jul 15, 2015

July 14, 2015

I've read twice in the past two months that Mark Harmon has NOT signed a contract for Season 13. In the Season 12 Finale, Gibbs is laying on the ground, shot twice, in danger of dying. Mark did a series of interviews for the season finale. He said more than once that "any character" is replaceable on the show, including himself. I suspect that, after 12 long years, Mark is tired. This past year he took on Executive Producer duties for NCIS and NCIS New Orleans, and he's front burner each week on NCIS. The guy must be working 20-hour days. Mark Harmon has got to be exhausted.

Since Cote left two years ago, the show has gone flat. I loved to watch Ziva and Tony go toe to toe, or rather nose to nose, with each other. Ziva went nose to nose with everyone and she took no prisoners! Cote raised the energy on the show. She has sparkling chemistry with everyone, and the entire NCIS crew loves Ziva. Since she left, the joy has gone. Everything is blah. It's turned into the kind of show I dread, a procedural. I love the show because it's about a wonderfully loving, close, bickering, hilarious, often dysfunctional, but totally professional family, headed by pater Gibbs. All the characters seem grim now. Tony's jokes fall flat, McGee hunkers down at his computer, Bishop is busy looking at everything on the floor, Gibbs seems like he's phoning it in. The Season Finale for Season 11, when Cote left, drew an audience of 22 million people. The season finale this year, when Gibbs was shot, dropped to 15 million people, a 33% drop from two years ago.

CBS, Listen up! Here's how NCIS can recapture the magic:

1. Gibbs doesn't die but he's on the verge of death. He's airlifted back to Walter Reed Medical Center in Washington DC.

2. Tony is put in charge of the NCIS team. People are in shock and grief, angry, furious over Gibbs.

3. Ziva hears of Gibbs' grave injuries. She suddenly appears at his bedside, sitting vigil and gently willing him back to life again. She's there when he finally opens his eyes. Tony silently slips in behind her. He's flooded with all kinds of emotions at seeing Ziva again.

4. Gibbs has a long, difficult convalescence, over spread out over several episodes. He has great difficulty walking. Ziva and Tony are often at his bedside. Gibbs expresses his deep anger at her for suddenly leaving everyone, who felt abandoned by her. Ziva emotionally explains to Gibbs, just as she had explained to Tony two years earlier, that she had to leave NCIS to discover herself and to create a new life, after her father's death. Gibbs gradually softens and then hugs her.

5. Gibbs finally decides to retire from NCIS. He's burned out. His mission is over.

6. Tony and Ziva have been emotionally avoiding each other. Now, finally, they confront and explore their true feelings for each other.

7. Ziva must decide if she ever wants to return to NCIS. And to Tony.

STAY TUNED!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tony and Ziva - A New Beginning

November 4, 2014

I understand why Cote left NCIS after eight years. She's a gifted actress who first came to the show at a very young 25. Clearly it was the opportunity of a lifetime to be on a huge hit TV series at 25. But eight years later at 33, Cote knows that she needs to take advantage NOW of the many opportunities being offered to her to work in many diverse roles. Cote may have asked for a one year contract, or a contract which would give her the flexibility to do other projects if they were offered to her. Mostly likely this request was denied, so she had to leave the show in order to have a career.

I was fascinated by the 10-28-2014 NCIS episode when Abby and Tony discussed Ziva. As far as I can recall, that's the first time the NCIS characters have expressed their real feelings about Ziva's absence. And I suspect that each character's dialogue reflects how the actor feels about Ziva's departure. Abby said, "But Tony, she LEFT us," with sadness and anger. Tony replied very wistfully, "I know, but I miss her. I miss my

Clearly, Tony loves Ziva and he's not ready to move on.

I suspect that when Cote didn't re-sign her contract, the cast was angry and hurt. But Michael has remained gracious, kind and complimentary in his public comments, interviews and Tweets about Cote. He has repeatedly said that he misses her and wishes that she could return. He wishes her well. He recognizes that she's a very talented actress who will be offered great roles. When her new mini-series role in "The Dovekeepers" was announced earlier in 2014, Michael tweeted congratulations and best wishes to Cote. Thank you, Michael. I love Cote and you together. I know how much you miss her because you two ARE a dynamite duo.

Tony's been forever changed by his love for Ziva. There was Tony before Ziva, Tony and Ziva, and Tony after Ziva. I'm grateful that the show has not successfully pushed someone new on us over the past year. Notice how they married off Bishop? Suddenly she's married. When the heck did that happen? So glad to see it. She's a nice kid, but she's clearly not in Tony's league.

Now we have this new babe whom we are told knew Tony way back in his cop days in Baltimore. She's brash, overtly sexy (skin tight clothes, boobs hanging out), smart-ass mouthy, kick-ass pushy. So this is Ziva's replacement? Ziva is light years different from this new person. Ziva does NOT dress in a sexy fashion. On the contrary, most of the time she dresses like a combat trooper. She dresses for the job. Ziva NEVER trades on her sexuality (unless she's on an undercover assignment, when she's using her sexuality to catch the bad Ziva is incredibly INTELLIGENT, street smart, powerful, cunning, a survivor, a warrior, always in charge, on a spiritual mission to save Israel and to catch the bad guys. I have to laugh if people think Ziva dumbed down Tony. On the contrary, she smartened him up!!! Tony ALWAYS scrambled to keep up with Ziva!!! She was always one or two steps ahead of him in the figuring out department, which is one of the many reasons why he loves her. She challenges him and he can NEVER get the best of her. I love watching Tony trying to catch up.

NCIS, you can bring back Ziva as a recurring guest star for three or four episodes per year. She didn't die. She's alive and well. She embarked upon a solitary spiritual mission to redefine her purpose in life. The death of her father destroyed everything she had believed in. She's on a quest to create an entirely new life. It may or may not include working at NCIS.

Tony and Ziva are not over. They're really just beginning.

Tony and Ziva FINALLY unite - in the NCIS series final episodes!!!

September 27, 2014

Here's my dream ending for the NCIS Series -- In the last four or five episodes of the series, Tony and Ziva reunite on a secret mission and totally surrender to their passionate love for each other, over and over and over and over, lol! Making up for a little lost time, like about ten years!! I loved watching them for eight years. They always had extraordinary chemistry and were often hilarious together, like Nick and Nora. After her father's violent murder, they became emotionally closer. Tony finally began to reveal his true feelings, becoming very vulnerable as his love for Ziva deepened. He cared about her and he worried for her emotional health and well being. That special scene, in the car, we were witnessing the very moment when Ziva was ready to begin to let Tony know how she felt, and then BAM, the car crash. And next thing we know, Cote is leaving the show and WE get totally cheated out of the love story we'd patiently waited eight years to see. That entire season had been building to a real love story between the two characters. What a drag. I have to say, my heart's not in the show anymore. I watch, but it's not the same. I feel sorry for Cote's replacement. Because NOBODY can replace Cote and we don't want to see anyone replace her. I don't want to see anyone else with Tony. You never know. It took JAG 11 long years to finally unit Harm and Mac in marriage. Donald Bellesario sure takes his sweet time! Cote has sparkling chemistry with everyone on NCIS, not just Michael Weatherley. She was hilariously witty, always misusing slang, gorgeous, sparkling, HOT, always in charge and a very powerful character. Her character's back story is fascinating. Ziva was on a very powerful spiritual mission, which always made her character compelling and fascinating to watch. She wasn't just solving crimes, she was righting wrongs in the world. I miss Cote deeply.

I still watch. Sorta. But my heart's not in it anymore.

Checkmate for Bishop

By Tonysgril, Jul 11, 2015

Fans do NOT like the Bishop character. Give us a freakin' break and ditch her and return this series to the status that it deserves. Please please let this series go out on a high note.

Save the NCIS Gibbs team Please!

By GinaBondfody, Jul 01, 2015

First and foremost, Get better writing and scripts. The writing has become stale and the characters are wooden and lifeless. Second and almost as important, write Bishop off the show! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! Make the Bishop character a spy, a plant. She's been everything else, why not??? Put some emotion back into the team. Give them some tension from within and without. That was what was going on in the earlier years of the show. The Gibbs of the earlier shows had some passion and love in his life. He's wooden now, no emotion and no smiles. His wife and daughter angle worked but now its time for some growth. He's an

older man and needs some other interest, NOT boats Please! Tony HAS to grow. It's time, he needs to be more rounded and the girlfriend was a weak attempt. I didn't see any chemistry there. MaGee is a cool guy, but give hime something else. Shouldn't he be able to lead more geeks? Did I say this before? Get Bishop off the show! DO IT! Abby is good, Pauly is a complex person and could bring much more to her Abby than what we've seen the last 2 seasons. Did I say this before? Get Bishop off the show! DO IT! I'm sorry that there have been so many attempts to make the Bishop character fit the program. The obviuos attempts to convince the viewer that she has LOTS of experience in the Middle East FAILED! Did I say this before? Save the NCIS Gibbs team and get Bishop off the show! DO IT!moreless

Let's help make the show better

By frmtop, Jul 01, 2015

Millions of former NCIS fans are sorely disappointed with the way the show has fallen apart. There is a tendency to blame the actors, I've done it myself. But it is really the producers, directors and writers that are to blame. Even before Ziva left there were obvious problems -- especially the multi-episode stories. So boring. So let's help the show by providing new stories that really work. Here is one.

The perfect story line:

Gibbs is dead. Of course, he's been dead for a couple years, but this time they will actually bury him. Tony is devastated and returns to Israel to find his true love Ziva. There he discovers he has a one-year-old son, the product of his brief reunion with Ziva in October, 2013. Ziva named their son Anthony DiNozzo III, but did not tell Tony because she was unsure he was mature enough to be a good father. But they return together to Washington DC where Tony rejoins the team, and is content to find that Abigail Boren is the new team leader. Ziva also rejoins NCIS, but this time as a special assistant for international affairs to the director. This gives her more time in the office, and does not put her in so much danger as when a field agent. Fortunately, NCIS has a child care center, where Tony III can be close to his parents.

Bishop is exposed as a Russian mole, sent to the US to destroy NCIS and she almost accomplished it. She is hung.

And we all live happily ever after. (Cpywrt July 1, 2015)moreless

Season 11 and 12

By marciegorovskyhausser, Jun 24, 2015

The show has lost at least 1.0M viewers since Ziva left. Gibbs is a strong lead and a special character, but the character, Ziva, was special too. It's a family. Please just pay her and bring her back. Develop the characters and relationships further. NCIS agents with spouses, having kids. Gibbs is the oldest now. No dad or Frank. Develop how his role changes in the family. Help him have to deal with death and the past. The family hasn't been whole in the last couple of seasons. The addition is fine but get past the male pride/ego thing and get those viewers back. Ziva made a great hero for women, and Tony won't ever really get over her. They together/ that relationship was unique. NCIS could still go so far. Just get rid of the mentality that anyone in the core family is replaceable. Remember Friends? Learn and grow!moreless

Needs To Get Back To Basic

By m123c, Jun 21, 2015

I found this show really late, series 8 but I loved it straight off, and was watching series 1 and 5 at the same time, for a while the only unsettling thing was no McGee in 1st series, but then Bishop... I am sure she is acting as per script and is a really good actress, but she dose not fit this show.

It just seems wrong and I can't watch her shows, all the other characters are changed with her around.

The writers really need to sort this, make her strong with navy seals training in the off season maybe ,as she may realise she is a liability to the team, or get a new female agent in the Ziva /Kate vain.moreless

the blonde bimbo that wrecked season 11 of ncis

By freeerails, Jun 19, 2015

we just bought ncis 11 ,looking forward to sitting back and watching a few hours of a great show,got through the first few disc,s and then the blonde bimbo opened it,s mouth,well that was it watched 1 more disc and then turned it of and put it up for auction on ebay,,nerver before have i seen a show go from really good to complete crap so fast if season 12 ever comes out i will wait before i pre order it again if it was,nt for the first 2 disc,s it would,nt get a rateing,i hope the bimbo feels great about stuffing something GREAT,i guess that till the money from sales of ncis stop comeing in,that we will have to keep raging the bimbo,i thought that the customer [ or in this case the viewer] is always right,so maybe it going to take people changeing the channel to watch something else,i have and from what i hear season 12 aint any better,really how about getting a chimp added to the show,its has already begun to look like a circus might as well go all the way, i think i have found the perfect role for the ditzy bimbo, a ZOMBIE on walking dead,aT LEAST THERE IT WONT HAVE TO TALK JUST STAGER AROUND LIKE A DRUNK,,,SHOULD,NT HAVE TO CHANGE HER LOOKS TO MUCH,JUST DREES UP IN SOME RAGS AND BADA BING ZOMBIE THAT WAY SHE CAR,NT WRECK ANOTHER GREAT SHOW

I really do feel sorry for the rest of the NCIS team who have worked so hard to make this a really great show,i was watching a rerun the other night ,as I was watching the specials on the disc 1 of the producers was saying that they go out of there way to keep the show interesting ,what happened to that line of thinking,has wickersham got something over the producers of this show,i can not understand how wickersham is still there,if they are trying to get this show dropped from tv they are going the wright way of destroying this once great show,we stopped watching at the start of season 11 ,I bought watched maybe 4or 5 shows but as soon wickersham opened its mputh I pulled the disc from the player and put it up for sale on ebay,and have not watched ncis since then ,but we do watch seasons 1 to 10 only I do miss watching new shows but I guess all good things do come to an end,i hope wickersham feels bad about stuffing up a once great show

really wickersham how much longer are you going to keep dragging ncis down you no once it hits the bottom the damage will be done and wont be able to be revived ,,,,,,,

BUGGER I think the damage has been done and ncis is dieing a painfull death just shoot in the head if the bishop clown stays................................... ...............................

Load More Reviews