Shell Shock, Part II

Episode Reviews (14)

Great

Awesome episode

By briana8995, Jul 31, 2013

This has one of the best endings of an episode of NCIS ever. Oh how I will miss those endings and those looks when she is gone next year. I do wish she would change her mind and stay especially because of all the wonderful TIVA scenes we had last year. It is hard watching these reruns and the ones on USA knowing she will not be on the show next year. I do however wish her luck in whatever she does in the future.moreless

Some big positives, but not quite a flawless episode tbh.

By amazing_race, Jan 04, 2013

I still rate this a ten because the storyline was amazing and it was a great continuation! There was a lot of amazing surprises and shockers, most notably with the girlfriend, and I really enjoyed that. Those types of moments are just great!

The insight into Tony's and Ziva's pasts were brilliant adn I though it was great to see. The ending of the episode was really touching for me.

The biggest negative for me is that this case did NOT need two episodes. Not by any stretch of the imagination. If they wanted a two-parter, they should've at least sent the team to go after more of the members of this terrorist group hthat the guy was a part of. It seems like they wasted what was shaping up to be a great story plot.

There are also other cases that we see which definitely need more thatn 42 minutes... recently the episode 'The Missionary Position' of Season 9 comes to mind, but there are heaps of others from previous seasons too. I would have preferred this case as one episode and to spend two episodes on a more intricate case.

Having said that, event though I think this could've been squeezed into one episode, the two episodes were great and I did enjoy it. Looking forward to more!moreless

Okay Plot, But Better Insight into Tony

By Rick_1000, Dec 08, 2012

This epi was fair, but not really all that suspenseful. You would have to have been asleep for the last 9 seasons not to see the resolution coming. What I like about this epi more than the storyline is the very well done Tony/Ziva interaction which reveals very subtly at the end Tony's fascination for movies and how it ties in with his mom.

"...I know it is not the same thing, but maybe if you close your eyes it would be like you are at the opera. And maybe like Taly is there with you." Just substitute movies for opera and mom for Taly, you'll get it.moreless

Thanks for the insight into Ziva and Talia

By BituinAquino, Nov 29, 2012

I'm a Tiva fan, so I loved this episode. Thank you, writers, for telling us a little bit more about Ziva's sister.

More Tiva in this episode than all the rest put together AND Puccini !

By mnementh01, Nov 23, 2012

Well, well ! It seems the writers are going to give a huge majority of shippers out there some resolution to the whole Tiva "thang"!

The quiet talk in the car and a grown up Tony moment (at last), at the end were nicely done and the very soft "thank you" from Ziva was sweet to say the least.

For the episode itself, this was pretty standard NCIS fare with Brad Beyer's tortured PTSD sufferer a tour de force. Wouldn't surprise me if he was nominated for an award.

The rest of the team were slightly on the back burner this week but nonetheless all doing their usual fine job.

A reviewer below asked about the song at the end of the show.

It's "O mio babbino caro" (Oh my beloved father) by Puccini from the short opera "Gianni Schicchi" and one of the most beautiful arias ever written, IMHO.

Ziva mentions that her father would tear up when her sister sang it and the title explains why.moreless

Question

By hafnia76, Nov 23, 2012

Does somebody knows the name of the song at the end of the episode ???

a real shocker.......

By HannesBlahuta, Nov 22, 2012

although ptsd is very important, the two-parter was a little of a disappontment for ncis standards i am sorry to say.

A clever title goes here!

By yuritanMB, Nov 22, 2012

Write a quick review to share your thoughts...

Exciting, Intense, Intriguing

By bms29bms, Nov 22, 2012

loved this show; the action, the emotions. why someone might 'think' changing sides was good (even though it isn't). Showing the horror that so many of our brave soldiers go through. I pray they all get the help they need. They are our Heroes!

--And I especially enjoyed the end when tony played the opera music for ziva and left her to listen and also remember her sister alone.

--[And I am always impressed at just how well harmon (Gibbs) has aged - WOW! lookin' good as always.. And I believe he has been married to the same woman for years.... ]moreless

Siggi