The Missionary Position

Episode Reviews (16)

Great

Would have been better without Ryan character!

By Irishelf67, Nov 11, 2013

Another episode ruined by GG's in your face inclusion of Samantha Ryan. Doesn't he get it yet that most fans HATE the character!? It's bad enough that so much screen time was given to her, but it was quite obvious that that time meant cut scenes that fans wanted to see-like the actual rescue. Maybe it's time to get rid of GG!

Get rid of Samantha Ryan!

By Gimpyelf67, Oct 29, 2013

Another episode ruined by JLC's character. It was quite obvious that scenes people wanted to see (like the rescue) were cut to add her scenes. Horrible! More proof GG needs to be fired, as his continued inclusion of this character despite most fans obvious distaste for her shows he doesn't care about the fans of the show!

Stop pushing JLC inside NCIS, it does destroy it.

By JohanHDrent, Sep 04, 2012

Nobody is waiting for JLC in NCIS, she is good for some cheap soap but for sure not for NCIS.

DiNozzo And David Travel To Colombia In The Search For Two Missing U.S. Naval Personnel. Gibbs and Dr. Ryan Have A Romantic Relationship.

By Matt16020-FIN, Jul 23, 2012

This episode was not so strong as the previous one, but that does not mean that "The Missionary Position" was a bad episode of "NCIS" by any means. It's always great to see the team travel abroad during a case. This time it was Colombia and "TIVA" go there. That case was good but it could have been better. The best scene was when Tony, Ziva and her mentor were ambushed outside. Gibbs's and Ryan's love story is just terrible. Jamie Lee Curtis does not fit into the show. Another reviewer said that he/she is tired of McGee chasing hopelessly a suspect and then Gibbs suddenly appears ahead of the chase. I agree, it has got to stop. Overall, this is a great "TIVA" episode that you should not miss.moreless

Almost flawless, except for the lack of action at the end.

By amazing_race, Jul 10, 2012

I loved the storyline! Definitely one of the best episodes of the season, although that's not saying much. Th actual search for Jimmy's best man was interesting, with hilarious outcomes! I loved that!

The case was brilliantly done for the most part. But there was no action at the end! It was shaping up so nicely, and then it was just over without anything ahctually happening. That was disappointing, but the case it self was good.

Ziva's old colleague/mentor was interesting. I wonder if we shall see her again? I hop soe!

Keep it up, NCIS! This was better than most episodes this season! I hope we continue to imrpove!moreless

The Missionary Position

By thefanof, Apr 14, 2012

With such a suggestive title you would think this episode could have been a little bit better. It was all over the place and the comedy gag of searching for the best man and then deciding on the best woman was something this show should avoid in the future.

They have tried relationships with Gibbs in the past so no reason to think this one will work either. It wasn't bad, it was just different and uneventul.

Great episode

By ffemt2016, Apr 13, 2012

There was a lot of background events happening within this episode this week. We noticed a change in Gibbs from the very beginning, being late to an investigation. But, we see "Doc" as he calls Jamie Lee Curtis, waking up at Gibbs house saying how she enjoys the view. Gibbs' then states, "someone else used to say the same thing". You see her subtle hints to help Gibbs with the case, that at the beginning, seem to lead him and the team nowhere. At the end, of course, they get the chaplain out, find out more about what Doc was referring to (left all the details out on purpose, certain things you do not type even in reviews of TV shows). Great episode, ending with Doc back at Gibbs' house with him asking her to stay. She says that she doesn't have a baby sitter. His reply, "it doesn't have to be all night."

moreless

Not as good as I hoped

By latty89, Apr 13, 2012

It was an okay episode but I expected something more. It was Ziva's old mentor they were showing, they could've given something more, something deeper. Also I didn't quite understand how they had met, I mean she's not Israeli and Ziva is. Anyway I liked the whole Palmer thing though I don't understand why Ziva is a Bridesmaid. Is Ziva that close to Breena?

Did I Miss Something?

By Tophan0087, Apr 12, 2012

Palmer choosing Abbey as his best woman was great! But as for the actual story, did I miss something? What was the point of the commander going with Ziva and Tony to Columbia? If the cartel that had the lieutenant was so dangerous that they dropped a man out of a plane, how did they get back the lieutenant so easily? Why didn't we see that mission? Honestly did I change the station or fall asleep at some point and missed the whole gist of the episode - THE MISSION IN COLUMBIA??!!!

The endless praising between Ziva and her mentor was overboard.

Also I am tired of the scene with McGee hopelessly chasing a suspect and then Gibbs miraculously appears ahead of the chase and knocks the person out! This has been done too many times now.moreless

Liked but

By bms29bms, Apr 12, 2012

I always love to watch Gibbs and all the others. This show began really well but because they only had 45 minutes for the show, I figure that is why 'down south' was shorter which made it not as well as it could have been.

-- But I loved the interacting among each other.

-- Jimmy asking Abby to be his best woman - Is Perfect!

Load More Reviews