Fox Announces Its 2013 Fall Premiere Dates, Avoids Nearly All of the Competition

By Tim Surette

Jun 26, 2013

Savvy business decision? Or chicken move? Fox is the latest network to schedule its 2013 fall premiere dates, and is staggering its big debuts to avoid Premiere Week competition. With CBS and NBC going for typical late-September to launch many of their shows (and The CW holding off until October), Fox is sneaking in a couple of its scripted dramas early, with Bones and Sleepy Hollow debuting on Monday, September 16. The network's reality shows are starting even earlier, with The X Factor kicking things off on Wednesday September 11.

This decision was clearly made to avoid the thunder of CBS (and I guess NBC?), which may or may not pay off. The head start will be especially important for new shows Sleepy HollowDads (though no jump on the competition will save that), and Brooklyn Nine-Nine as they attempt to grab an audience thirsting for new television. Meanwhile (and as expected), J.J. Abrams and J.H. Wyman's great-looking new sci-fi drama Almost Human and new comedy Enlisted will premiere in early November so that Fox can promote the heck out of them during its coverage of the MLB playoffs.  

Fox's 2013-2014 Fall Premiere Dates:

(New shows in bold and ALL CAPS)

Wednesday, Sept. 11

8-9pm – The X Factor (Season 3 premiere, Part 1)

Thursday, Sept. 12

8-10pm – The X Factor (Season 3 premiere, Part 2)

Monday, Sept. 16

8-9pm – Bones (Season 9 premiere)

9-10pm – SLEEPY HOLLOW (Series premiere)

Tuesday, Sept. 17

8-8:30pm – DADS (Series premiere)

8:30-9pm – BROOKLYN NINE-NINE (Series premiere)

9-9:30pm – New Girl (Season 3 premiere)

9:30-10pm – The Mindy Project (Season 2 premiere)

Wednesday, Sept. 18

8-10pm – The X Factor (All-new episode)

Thursday, Sept. 19

8-9pm – The X Factor (All-new episode)

9-10pm – Glee (Season 5 premiere)

Friday, Sept. 27

8-9pm – MASTERCHEF JUNIOR (Series premiere)

Sunday, Sept. 29

8-8:30pm – The Simpsons (Season premiere)

8:30-9pm – Bob's Burgers (Season premiere)

9-9:30pm – Family Guy (Season premiere)

9:30-10pm – American Dad (Season premiere)

Monday, Nov. 4

8-9pm – ALMOST HUMAN (Series premiere)

Friday, Nov. 8

8-9pm – Bones (Time period premiere)

9-9:30pm – Raising Hope (Season premiere)

9:30-10pm – ENLISTED (Series premiere)

Saved for midseason: American Idol, The FollowingRAKEGANG RELATEDSURVIVING JACK, MURDER POLICE, and US & THEM.

Fall premiere dates by network: ABCNBC | CBS | FoxThe CW

• Comments (37)
Add a Comment
In reply to :
  • lauramims1 Sep 25, 2013

You guys are crazy!! Raising hope is one of their best shows!! It's so funny and cute! It's too bad it's premiering so LATE!!!

• Dre5d Aug 29, 2013

so they cancelled the Cleveland show?

• manojkumarg92 Aug 05, 2013

really happy its season 2

• NatT96 Jul 13, 2013

Family Guy Season 12...crossing my fingers that it won't be like Season 10- 11

• NatT96 Nov 21, 2013

AND IT SUCKS MONKEY BALLS

• irehawk20 Jun 27, 2013

Yeah I agree that Raising Hope is terrible and I'm glad this upcoming season will make this show end its own series getting moved to a dreadful FOX Friday Night block! Even "Dads" and "Enlisted" will fall victim also and "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" will fall victim afters its second season when it also moves to Friday Nights!

The first 12 episodes of Glee are more important before the split occurs, but I know something big occurs during its winter break, but I won't explain more further than that!

I hope "New Girl" adds a sixth member, which is a young woman, who is more likely a Jess and Cece type, on its Season 3 cast lineup.

I also hope "The Mindy Project" adds two new characters of "The Mindy Project", 1) a young woman, who is more likely a Mindy and Betsy type, and 2) a cranky old man doctor, who can keep Beverly from getting isolated too much, on its Season 2 cast lineup making a total of eight.

I'm glad they transferred "Cops" to a private network to reduce a lot of hell from this FOX network!

• PaulCarroll2 Jun 27, 2013

Almost Human seems to be the only show that is interesting. Hopefully I can catch up when I get back to the US in December.

• JT_Kirk Jun 27, 2013

It's pathetic, Fox knows they have no juice with this season and is wimping out, pulling a CW. They see a weak lineup and hope to trip over a few sleeping audience members, I guess.

• Svanehjerte Jun 27, 2013

Sleepy Hollow looks like my favorite new show! :D Can't wait!

• JetixMasterDan Jun 27, 2013

Fox started in August last year, so I'm surprised they moved the premieres back to September this year. They usually start in August because they'll have baseball preemption's in October.

• spacificly_oei9 Jun 27, 2013

Which series is the one pictured above?

• TVcom_editorial Jun 27, 2013

Almost Human!

• See More Comments (18)