New Girl

Show Reviews (80)

Great

Fourth Time's the Charm

By The_Pizza_Man, Dec 06, 2014

New Girl is back! From an awful Season 3 (despite canon Nessie ship which was practically the only thing that kept me going) Season 4 is hilarious and all around amazing. Though nothing can top the first two seasons, this one gives us the fantastic reality of the true flatmate dynamic.

We're done with the getting to know you season, the starting to like you season, we've cringed through the messy bit season and now we've hit the I already know you, I already like you and let's just pretend the last season didn't happen season.

Here we see how The Jew, The Hot Indian, The Clutz, The Screw Up, The Black Guy and The Other Black Guy really come together. This is the time where we see what their true friendship entails.

All the wackadoo nonsense imaginable, coupled in with honest to God heart-to-hearts is just the Apartment 4D Crew's run of the mill day -as I've seen so far in the first 10 eps of the new season- and I can safely say without a doubt in my mind that New Girl Season 4 sure is one great waste of 30 minutes every Tuesday.moreless

It's funny again!

By Bujemi, Nov 05, 2014

After a wonderful first season, a likable second and what the hell happend third I have really liked all the episodes so far in the fourth. Hoping that the last episode "Background check" will serve as a benchmark for episodes to come.

After sitting through the third season with a big question mark on my forehead, I really laughed my ass off today. With Jess throwing her talent on everything she can, Schmitd crazy funny again with lines perfectly timed and executed. Winston so enigmatic awkward and inappropriate that I just can't stop smiling everytime he is on screen. Cece and Coach bringing it and Nick as much Nick as we can get, moonwalking and sweating like no other.

Keeping my fingers crossed the show will continue in same fashion...

moreless

The plot is boring, but it's funny.

By theKingInTheNorth, Jun 24, 2014

Winston is great.

Talking about ego...

By yahel, Jun 09, 2014

Why on earth does ANYTHING revolves around "Jess" i mean if you watch the first season it was really funny and everyone had his/her own weight... but around the second season every character become "stupid" and ALL i mean ALL is about Jessica, cmon u have amazing support actors and this is what turns out??

man, talking about how can ego destroy something.

same old, same old

By colinaustinpo, May 21, 2014

When will the writers of these shows dare to be different, it's always the same thing. Boy meets girl, they fall in love for a year and then the inevitable break up happens, it's almost as if they follow a template. I long for the day when a show dares to be different!!! On the plus side I do still find the show funny and enjoyable to watch, but like I said just needs someone to show a bit of backbone and go off the normal sitcom path.moreless

Not as good as it used to be

By ronin1272, May 04, 2014

This show used to be great! It seems that it has gotten "dumber" and more over the top. Winston has become a completely unlikable idiot. Nick used to be a believable law school drop out. He was scared to fail, and dropped out. Now, I cannot believe he was ever in law school. Ever. The first season was fantastic. The second was great. Now, it's hard to watch. It just seems to be "let's find the the most ridiculous situations to get them in and warp whatever character into what we need to create jokes" now.moreless

Noooooo.......

By jenniferlbruce2, Apr 21, 2014

How could they break Nick and Jess up! They were an awesome couple and the conundrums they found themselves in were brilliant. The awkward situations they would face as a couple far out weigh the awkward that will be caused by the break up. Hoping the finale brings happiness!

We Were on a Break!

By ecosti, Apr 18, 2014

This show was at its best when it had the sexual tension with nick and jess. Each episode they tested their limits. Now season 3 has them together and its just become boring.

Like the writers in FRIENDS did with breaking up ross and rachel, it gave the shows many funny moments. Sometimes you have to take risks with your characters. Putting Nick and Jess together was too predictable, as a viewer we all wanted it but the way its panned out is just boring. It pains me to say this because Nick and Jess are two of the most charismatic characters in the show.

If the writers want to save this show they need to split them up. It will create some great comedic elements, and allow Nick to be sarcastic cynical nick audiences fell in love with in the first two seasons.

Also Jess's choice of boyfriends in the past were great plot lines . Coach has helped the show somewhat but even his character seems to be holding on for dearly life.

I hope season 4 brings some great ideas into it. Maybe some new characters, celebrity cameos. Or even involve nicks brothers and mother who we had some insight into in season 2 . Maybe introduce Schmit and Winstons families into the mix.moreless

Pet Peeve--Jess' glasses

By amberf222, Mar 02, 2014

I like New Girl, but I hate her fake glasses with no lenses that they have her wear so you can see her eyes. It is SO OBVIOUS they are not real glasses.

Make Abby go away

By GOLDENPONY1, Feb 28, 2014

Sorry, but we think Abby is really dragging "New Girl" down. The show isn't nearly as good with her character as it was before she came on the scene. We worry our favorite sit com will spiral down if she stays in the story. Please, go back to the shows that made "New Girl" such a success. We love all the characters, the interaction-but Abby just doesn't work.

Load More Reviews