Money for Nothing

Episode Reviews (9)

Superb

Review

By cavanagh15, Dec 19, 2007

I didn't really like the sotryline in this one. We saw a storyline very similar to this in season two with some power and money hungry guy trying to get his money back and I felt like I was watching the seaosn episode only a season later. Again Larry has "left" the show, which surprised me considering he came back from 24 so that he could work on Numbers. I thought the side story was pretty boring as well, but that tends to be the case for most of the numbers episodes. The last couple of epsiodes really got me going leading into the finale but this one felt like a step back. With such hype for the finale I hope that it can live up to the standards that the show is giving itself for it.moreless

I don't want to put spoilers here so you guys can refer to the synopsis.

By pparker965, Jun 28, 2007

This episode is of course an episode where everything is bound to finish nice nice and happy happy, which is probably not always the case in those kind of events where large amounts of money are involved and the true victims are thousands of miles away. Nice to discover about these financial schemes that we would not hear about otherwise.

It was still an interesting episode and when you forget about the somewhat easy way of magically coming up with visual representations of algorythms, Charlie's stuff is interesting and appears real enough.

That part about the FBI dad was pretty funny too.moreless

Leading up to season finale!

By JPPT1974, May 13, 2007

This will lead up to the season finale and that

It was a great show. As the team tries to

Find money stolen worth of $50M as they aren't alone in

Trying to find the money. As other crooks want to stay

One step ahead of the FBI to get the money before

Someone does get hurt or worse. Can't wait for next week's

Finale!

It was a good episode and it ended on a good note.

By greenberry26, May 12, 2007

There weren't any big surprises in this episode, and it was actually weird doing that exercise on the two guys where one is lying and the other one is telling the truth, but I thought that it was a good episode.

It wasn't just about the math or the scenes, it was actually with the way the show ended. The millionaire decided to give up his claim on the money and just give it to the more important cause. It would do the whole world a lot of good if there were more people like this man. It also serves as a lesson that in the end, money doesn't really matter. Especially when you see all those kids who are really sick and are helpless without money.

It was also good to see the brothers in the therapy session and the episode did have its share of funny cracks with Don finally revealing his relationship with Liz.

Still can't wait for the finale. Hopefully we can be able to see Larry and Megan together then. :Dmoreless

The FBI must recover $50 million in cash and medicinal supplies. In the background Don gets Charlie to come to a therapy session with him.

By jake_sandy55, May 12, 2007

The best part of this episode was the last three minutes. Coming from a family with 3 other brothers, I saw so much of my family in those last three minutes. Don't get me wrong, when it comes to emotions, I'm about as closed up as the character Don, but that last scene brought me to tears thinking about my own brothers and me growing up. Sure this episode isn't all that special when it comes to number theory (every first year Computer Science student learns Dijkstra's algorithm), but on the emotional level it's been the best so far.moreless

Great, but not by any means 'superb' or 'phenomenal.'

By gbvfan13, May 12, 2007

I thought that this episode was rather good. And I think I know why. There was no screen time at all in this episode for Larry (who has become more and more painful to watch over time) and there was no Kathy Najimy, who I've never liked as part of this show.Rather, this episode focused on different aspects of Charlie and Don's relationship with one another. Plus, all the MAJOR actors were heavily involved and did an excellent job with the material: Judd Hirsch (Alan), Alimi Ballard (David) and Dylan Bruno (Colby). A quick, short summary of what happened in this episode: Thieves hijack a truck full of medical supplies, $50 million intended for a Zambian relief effort, and two aid workers. It is up to the FBI Team plus Charlie's mathematics to save the day.

I thought the storyline of the money and drugs for children in Africa was a decent plot. And the action was good. However, I must admit that next week's Season Three Finale looks (and should be) incredible.moreless

With the season finale just around the corner I expected better.

By saleblanc, May 12, 2007

The script regarding the stealing of a big rig was just bad. I can see someone wanting to steal the medicine, that to me I can justify, I can understand even maybe make sense but that dollar amount in cash, come on. Ever hear of wire transfers. Now, the one positive of the episode was probably the final five minutes of the show. The therapy session between Don and Charlie I thought was great. It's been a long time coming. I love watching the relationship in so many different ways on so many different levels. I hope this trend of looking more deeping into the personal side of the brothers continues but still making the math/crime solving a main focus.moreless

Truck carrying $50 million and medicine is hijacked. The team seeks to recover the money as well as two relief workers kidnapped along with the truck.

By esomniac, May 12, 2007

Pretty bad episode. Therapist office is front and center as the brothers talk about feelings. Using a therapist to talk about feelings suggests to me that the writers just can't seem to develop the characters otherwise.

Plus, one of the characters, guest star, Lisa Gay Hamilton (The Practice), is named Sari Kinshasa. Kinshasha? As in the Congo. Why would they do that? Its just so weak.

Plus, when Hamilton's character asks whether the Charlie and Alan Eppes work for the FBI - and Alan's response is "No. FBI dad." What???

The explanation regarding why they needed to deliver $50 million in cash vs. wiring the money is ridiculous.moreless