Prime Suspect

Episode Reviews (3)

Great

Review

By cavanagh15, Jan 28, 2007

I liked this episode, with Charlie having his little backstory in the way that Don did in the episode that came before this one. Living in the house his entire life, Charlie found it heartbreaking to learn that his father might sell the house that he grew up in. I enjoyed watching the ending of the episode when Charlie decided to buy the house from his father.

I thought that the case in this episode was an interesting one, involving Charlie in a very early and simple way. I thought the kiddnapping scene was a little random, with the mother getting thrown to the ground instead of just being pushed into the van and taken away as well...but its all good.

If they could just get a little more personal in this show and a little less involved with the cases, I think the show would be one of the big sleepers of the television drama seriess.moreless

I found this one interesting, as much as anything because it's the second show I've seen in as many days with a storyline around Riemann's Hypothesis.

By annpo, Sep 14, 2005

Overall, I had trouble identifying with the initial reaction of the parents to the kidnapping of their daughter.

The mum was suitably tearful and fretful, but to be honest I would've expected her to lash out at her husband not just for for nicking off to play with his equations during his daughters birthday, but then she's kidnapped right in front of him but he's too busy to take any notice. I know genius mathematicians are supposed to be self-absorbed, but that was just too cold.

Then when he decided to take care of himself after he got the phone call.... What was that about?

And then there were the reactions of the Feds.

All the way around I felt like the episode was written by the president of the society for the emotionally retarded. Only Epps the younger seemed to react in a way believable to his character and the circumstances.

But that's just my opinion.moreless

Charlie and Don race against time to rescue a kidnapped girl.

By mischief_555, Jul 07, 2005

The episode was interesting and, overall, very good. However, one thing keeps bothering me: the little girl\'s reaction to everything that was going on around her. I just find it very hard to believe that anyone, especially a child, would remain that calm when their life is put in jeopardy. I think the director and/or the actress goofed up big time, because the girl\'s reaction was very unrealistic.